The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 9 February 2019, 01:30 AM   #1
rotiprata
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Hong Kong? First Ap?

Hi guys!

I will be heading to Hong Kong in March, looking to acquire my first AP and more specifically a 15710 Black Diver. Very excited about it.

Would like to get some opinions on whether Hong Kong is a good place for used AP Divers, with regards to the pricing as well, or even possibly a brand new one (only for the khaki colored Diver)

Do recommend any great dealers that you have a positive experience with or known to have a good range of APs.

Greatly appreciate it :) Cheers!
rotiprata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 01:37 AM   #2
benouah
"TRF" Member

For second hand you may check on Chrono 24.
Heard good reviews from Alex Pig and Montrez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
benouah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 02:00 AM   #3
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Lots of pre-own watch shops in Hong Kong. May I suggest you contact watchbox in Hong Kong. They are part of Govberg and I find dealing with them very professional. They also offer a 15 mth guarantee for all used/pre-own watches.

Alternatively, you may want to explore the shops at Kimberly street and Holiday Inn Golden Mile.
Old 9 February 2019, 04:22 AM   #4
2nastie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Time Only
Lots of pre-owned watch places and visiting there a few months ago in TST you should be able to easier find one on display. Shop around for sure, but it should not be a problem to get one at a fair price.
2nastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 05:48 AM   #5
z3050706
"TRF" Member

Hi my friend works at one of AP authorized dealers in HK. If need any help, message me : )

Cheers
z3050706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 02:56 PM   #6
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Better hope the dealers restock in the next couple of weeks. I dropped by a Rolex AD, AP boutique and a couple of grey dealers today and they were close to being standing room only with multiple deals being done in each while I was there....CNY holidays are coming to an end and people are seriously stocking up before heading home!
HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 04:11 PM   #7
rotiprata
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the share guys. Will be searching the area, of kimberly streets and holiday inn.

Now am looking at various models besides the black diver that may interest me, something that may stand out and look good on the wrist.

Would like your opinions on the khaki vs white/navy vs black.

Khaki https://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/wa....OO.A052CA.01/

White/Navy https://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/wa....OO.A010CA.01/
Will probably switch up the white strap for the navy one, not a fan of white straps

Black.. who needs a link, everyone knows what it looks like :D
Old 9 February 2019, 05:41 PM   #8
Betta01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK Islandboy View Post
Better hope the dealers restock in the next couple of weeks. I dropped by a Rolex AD, AP boutique and a couple of grey dealers today and they were close to being standing room only with multiple deals being done in each while I was there....CNY holidays are coming to an end and people are seriously stocking up before heading home!
Was in HK the pass few days..awesome CNY vibe..but CWB AP has super limited stock..A sad looking showcase.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk
Betta01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 05:59 PM   #9
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotiprata View Post
Thanks for the share guys. Will be searching the area, of kimberly streets and holiday inn.

Now am looking at various models besides the black diver that may interest me, something that may stand out and look good on the wrist.

Would like your opinions on the khaki vs white/navy vs black.

Khaki https://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/wa....OO.A052CA.01/

White/Navy https://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/wa....OO.A010CA.01/
Will probably switch up the white strap for the navy one, not a fan of white straps

Black.. who needs a link, everyone knows what it looks like :D
I have the CE Diver and love it and would (and did) pick it above the steel models. However, if I was to buy one of the steel models, my preference would be in the following order: black, then purple, turquoise, white (though I struggle to decide between these three), then olive, and finally khaki.
Old 9 February 2019, 06:01 PM   #10
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Also, as Benouah suggested, reach out to some of the sellers on Chrono24 (moibotime, etc) - let’s you cast a wider net while saving some shoe leather
Old 9 February 2019, 06:05 PM   #11
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta01 View Post
Was in HK the pass few days..awesome CNY vibe..but CWB AP has super limited stock..A sad looking showcase.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk
I love HK over CNY...it is much better now then when I first migrated here, when there was virtually nothing open and, were it not for the kindness of friends, I might have starved over the holidays!
Old 10 February 2019, 09:02 AM   #12
Kamen
"TRF" Member

Not a lot of AP in HK anymore; there used to be but I have noticed it is getting less and less.
Kamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2019, 01:57 PM   #13
rotiprata
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have the CE Diver and love it and would (and did) pick it above the steel models. However, if I was to buy one of the steel models, my preference would be in the following order: black, then purple, turquoise, white (though I struggle to decide between these three), then olive, and finally khaki.
Will look out for the CE diver, have to try it on the wrist to feel the bite. Hopefully the price is a bite as well haha! After looking numerous photos of divers, the black is definitely the go-to in terms of versatility and the dial. However, the contrarian part of me is steering towards the white since, i have 2 black dials rolexes in my collection, might want to mix it up. But hey, have to try everything on the wrist to really feel it.
Old 10 February 2019, 01:57 PM   #14
rotiprata
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Also, as Benouah suggested, reach out to some of the sellers on Chrono24 (moibotime, etc) - let’s you cast a wider net while saving some shoe leather
looking out for them!
Old 10 February 2019, 01:58 PM   #15
rotiprata
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen View Post
Not a lot of AP in HK anymore; there used to be but I have noticed it is getting less and less.
crossing my fingers they still do when I'm there in march
Old 21 February 2019, 10:10 PM   #16
flauntes
"TRF" Member

Do any of you guys recommend LuxeWareHK?

I am also heading to HK early March and so far they are the only seller on chrono24 that says to have the model i am seeking (15450 ) in stock (but later said the actual watch is in Dubai).

took photos of the box and papers (new plastic warranty card but watch does not have the bluish tapes and yet claims it to be 100% new).

any thoughts?
flauntes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 11:30 AM   #17
asingzon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi guys!

I will be heading to Hong Kong in March, looking to acquire my first AP and more specifically a 15710 Black Diver. Very excited about it.

Would like to get some opinions on whether Hong Kong is a good place for used AP Divers, with regards to the pricing as well, or even possibly a brand new one (only for the khaki colored Diver)

Do recommend any great dealers that you have a positive experience with or known to have a good range of APs.

Greatly appreciate it :) Cheers!

I have a go-to gray dealer for brand new watches. They may not have the model you’re looking for in stock (although they have a few APs most of the time) but they can let you know if they can source it/price. PM me if you want their info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
asingzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2019, 01:10 AM   #18
rotiprata
"TRF" Member

So an update guys! I'm in Hong Kong for the past 3 days and the boutiques here have nothing at all, 0 divers, or even offshores at much. Only spotted a grey ghost displayed at one of the boutiques.
However, grey dealers have tons of new divers around, most are actually Brand New and selling at retail price so it's not really that bad.

Heard from one of them that the black diver has been discontinued, not sure about that since it's still up on the website.

So would love to hear you guy's opinions about getting the white diver with blue ascent. I know it's tough to predict value retention of certain watches, but what do you guys reckon with this particular model, some told me that it's boutique exclusive and limited edition, but it doesn't seem so on the website. The only diver I knew that is currently retaining it's value is the CE diver(saw 2 of them here, out of my budget), considering it's limited production. I'm more particular since I'm probably gonna pay full retail for it, the finance side of me is debating it versus buying a used black diver with 20% depreciation. And what would be the odds of AP increasing the prices of new models in the future every year like PP/Rolex.

Will be flying back tmr evening, so the weight of a new watch will lie on my shoulder when I wake up

Thanks a whole lot in advance! Appreciate it fam.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 9 March 2019, 07:02 AM   #19
Kamen
"TRF" Member

In my experience, offshore/diver models you will take a loss so just get the one you like the most and wear it.

Even my 15400OR I lose a few thousand.
Kamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2019, 07:38 AM   #20
arnage
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So an update guys! I'm in Hong Kong for the past 3 days and the boutiques here have nothing at all, 0 divers, or even offshores at much. Only spotted a grey ghost displayed at one of the boutiques.
However, grey dealers have tons of new divers around, most are actually Brand New and selling at retail price so it's not really that bad.

Heard from one of them that the black diver has been discontinued, not sure about that since it's still up on the website.

So would love to hear you guy's opinions about getting the white diver with blue ascent. I know it's tough to predict value retention of certain watches, but what do you guys reckon with this particular model, some told me that it's boutique exclusive and limited edition, but it doesn't seem so on the website. The only diver I knew that is currently retaining it's value is the CE diver(saw 2 of them here, out of my budget), considering it's limited production. I'm more particular since I'm probably gonna pay full retail for it, the finance side of me is debating it versus buying a used black diver with 20% depreciation. And what would be the odds of AP increasing the prices of new models in the future every year like PP/Rolex.

Will be flying back tmr evening, so the weight of a new watch will lie on my shoulder when I wake up

Thanks a whole lot in advance! Appreciate it fam.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
can I ask what the black CE divers you saw were selling for?
arnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2019, 03:55 PM   #21
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen View Post
In my experience, offshore/diver models you will take a loss so just get the one you like the most and wear it.

Even my 15400OR I lose a few thousand.
This

Buy what floats your boat

Personally, I assume I’m going to take a 20-30% hit if I sell a piece....and if the though of that is too emotionally wrenching, then I don’t buy it