The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Old 14 July 2020, 11:19 PM   #1
JTL31
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

SARB035 Question & pics requested

Hello!
I currently own the SARB033 and absolutely love it. Am wondering if there are owners of it who also own the cream dial SARB035. What are your folks thoughts to owning both re: variety, versatility, or redundancy. Pics of 035 would be greatly appreciated from any owners. It is currently being offered on Amazon again for $392. I realize it is a discontinued model...

Reason for my desire to own is that a member suggested a while back that I look into it, as my next Rolex desire is/was a 36mm White dial OP. The $5,000 price tag is a bit hard to swallow... As some may recall, I recently purchased the SARX055 but that will soon become solely my daughter’s watch, as she is quite fond of it. We are “sharing” it right now. ;)

Thank you - Regards!
JTL31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2020, 10:00 AM   #2
AK-Rolestar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
I bought the 033 first and added the 035 much later. Both fantastic watches and extremely versatile. Don’t hesitate, just grab the 035 also. I find they are totally different watches and wear completely different for me. Both are stunning on strap, NATO or bracelet. Dressy but casual at the same time. The dial of the SARB035 is extremely elegant and pairs nicely with a brown leather strap. Good luck in your decision, I hope I could help!
AK-Rolestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2020, 12:39 AM   #3
JTL31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-Rolestar View Post
I bought the 033 first and added the 035 much Both fantastic watches and extremely versatile. Don’t hesitate, just grab the 035 also. I find they are totally different watches and wear completely different for me. ...Both are stunning on strap, NATO or bracelet... Good luck in your decision, I hope I could help!
Thank you! I agree that those models work very well on many different straps.
Difficult decision for me, as I’ve fancied the OP 36 since it’s release! After Seiko it’s getting harder to spend tons more $$ on watches that will surely outlive me.

Old 20 July 2020, 04:59 AM   #4
jdmi32
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
I have both and wear them equally. I find the black dial 33 to be more versatile but the 35 goes great on leather. I also really like that the dial of the 35 is more cream colored than white. Don’t have many pictures but here is one of the 35 on a discontinued Watchgecko bracelet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8505.JPG (183.8 KB, 166 views)
jdmi32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2020, 07:11 AM   #5
mgsooner
"TRF" Member

I've owned the 035 for about a year or so now. One thing I would caution you about is that (to me) the dial appears a bit dressier in person than it comes across in photos - particularly when it's not in natural light. When it is in natural light I really enjoy the cream colored dial - it works on just about any strap you can throw at it. However in certain artificial lighting a sunburst effect becomes apparent that at times could be described as mother of pearl or even a very subtle pink.

Since the pandemic started my 035 has spent most of its time in the watch box as I have it on a fairly dressy leather strap. Earlier today I ordered a chevron strap from Crown & Buckle to try to get it back into the rotation.
mgsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2020, 11:55 AM   #6
JTL31

Thanks gentlemen for the responses! :)
After much debate, I decided not to play 2nd fiddle with the 035 since I passed on it initially and went for the black dial variant instead. It would be a mere substitute for the OP 36 I’d rather have. Someday...when the time is right and the funds exist I will get it...most likely ...

Regards!
Old 28 July 2020, 07:57 AM   #7
TimeAZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
I owned a SARB033 and SARB035. I decided to keep the 033 and sold the 035.

Both fantastic timepieces but for me the 033 is more versatile and much easier to read, especially in low-light conditions. I found the hour markers and hand sets on the 035 did not provide as much contrast to the dial as I wanted.
Old 31 July 2020, 11:21 PM   #8
JTL31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeAZ View Post

Both fantastic timepieces but for me the 033 is more versatile and much easier to read, especially in low-light conditions. I found the hour markers and hand sets on the 035 did not provide as much contrast to the dial as I wanted.
My thoughts on the 035 as well from YT & forum pics seen. I enjoy switching up the straps for the 033. They give the watch entirely different looks.