The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 15 March 2019, 12:45 AM   #1
jud149
"TRF" Member

Dropped My Rolex Datejust

Result was self winding no longer works. All else seems fine after a few weeks. I had it fully serviced by Rolex Dallas about 4 year ago and was not impressed. Had to send it back twice before it was right. Believe it or not, same with my wife's Datejust, returned twice before it was right.

Anyway, talked to NY Rolex Svc and after Dallas experience, not sure who to use. I talked also with a local Rolex Jeweler (sales) here in West Palm Beach, FL, and they said they send their service work to a new Rolex Svc Center in Lititz, Pa.

Any help would be appreciated.
jud149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2019, 01:44 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: GMT's
The Service Center in Lititz is not new, it has been there for years and is co-located with Rolex Watch Technicum watchmakers school.

If you don't like the service you have received at the Service Centers, send your watch to an independent. There are plenty of them around, including Time Care Inc., in FLA that is known for excellent work.
Old 15 March 2019, 09:58 AM   #3
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
Please don’t tell me the RSC in Dallas is not good that’s where my DJII was recently sent to for a timing test and adjustment
Rolexoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2019, 02:14 AM   #4
jud149
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexoman View Post
Please don’t tell me the RSC in Dallas is not good that’s where my DJII was recently sent to for a timing test and adjustment
Just my watch going back to them twice is one thing, but when my wife's had to go back twice, that's another. And these were not minor problems. But I guess it's who does the work no matter where the watch is sent. Good luck. I guess I'll try NY Svc. Ctr.

One thing I will mention about the Dallas facility doing the work on mine, the crown on the stem was not straight up as they are on new ones. I never complained about this but to me you'd think a professional would install the stem in the position of new ones. I would think a serious Rolex watch collector would want it there but maybe I'm wrong. What are your thoughts?
Old 19 March 2019, 07:34 AM   #5
watchmaker
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jud149 View Post
Just my watch going back to them twice is one thing, but when my wife's had to go back twice, that's another. And these were not minor problems. But I guess it's who does the work no matter where the watch is sent. Good luck. I guess I'll try NY Svc. Ctr.

One thing I will mention about the Dallas facility doing the work on mine, the crown on the stem was not straight up as they are on new ones. I never complained about this but to me you'd think a professional would install the stem in the position of new ones. I would think a serious Rolex watch collector would want it there but maybe I'm wrong. What are your thoughts?
If you are referring to the crown emblem on the actual crown, if it lines it up it is entirely coincidental. Rolex does not line them up in the factory. It’s entirely dependant on the threading of the crown and tube.

The only model that is designed to line up is the PM Sky-Dweller.
watchmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2019, 09:53 AM   #6
jud149
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmaker View Post
If you are referring to the crown emblem on the actual crown, if it lines it up it is entirely coincidental. Rolex does not line them up in the factory. It’s entirely dependant on the threading of the crown and tube.

That clears that up...thanx!
Old 19 March 2019, 09:08 PM   #7
Vicc
"TRF" Member

Watch: Broad Arrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmaker View Post

Lol. I had a customer bring in his watch to align his crown because thats how it is on pictures. Its not hard to do if you replace the tube washer, but I wdo wsh Rolex made it clear its not supposed to be straight up.
Vicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2019, 12:58 AM   #8
fsprow
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5168, 5170P
Just a note that I've had nothing but excellent service at the Dallas RSC.
fsprow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2019, 04:59 AM   #9
Adam K.
Banned

Watch: All the Oysters
RSC Dallas is excellent, and your watch is in great hands. You've nothing to worry about.
Adam K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2019, 10:40 PM   #10
watchprenuer
"TRF" Member

RSC dallas is a great place so your watch is in safe hands
watchprenuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2019, 10:53 PM   #11
whatsthetime?
"TRF" Member

I sent my 1yr old 114060 SubC into RSC NYC for a minor issue under warranty (before selling) and it came back with some real nice scratches on both sides of the clasp. It actually looked like someone had wore the watch. NEVER again will I use an RSC. It's like using the dealer to service your car, it's a rip off and there are plenty of others who can, and will do a better job for much, much less.
Old 9 April 2019, 12:45 AM   #12
mjarolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust tt 16013
Try 'The Watch Buyers Group' out of Pasadena, California. I just had my TT Datejust from 1985 serviced by them, they did a great job.
mjarolex is offline   Reply With Quote