The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 21 January 2009, 06:36 PM   #1
bryan71

Watch: ap royal oak offsh
Advise please

I don't know much about Panerai.As i have always worn Rolex
How ever seen this watch in my local retailers window.Would you say it is a good watch and is a rare model.
Panerai Ferrari FER00005 Granturismo Rattrapante
bryan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2009, 10:00 PM   #2
rayt
"TRF" Member

Watch: must be rolex
hi bryan,
nope don't get that model thats my personal response.PANERAI actually is a diver's watch one of the famous makers of diver's watch at that.panerai watches was actually constructed for the italian navy commando divers during the second world war.
therefore that panerai ferrari model is kinda off shoot for what panerai watch/history is all about.intelligent watch afficionados would get either panerai LUMINOR or the panerai RADIOMIR models as the 2 models are concrete proofs,or better yet,living testaments to brands values and unique link with the ocean.you wont go wrong with that.and get the 44mm size.price varies depending on the power reserves you like if you are particular with that.me, im not so to those power reserve thing and im happy with my panerai PAM 104 check it out its a nice practical panerai model with date on it.price is reasonble but the panerai effect is alive..hope i gave you some good insights....get what you like.panerai is getting to be a cult watch for the famous.hahaha.
rayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2009, 10:01 PM   #3
rayt
"TRF" Member

Watch: must be rolex
yup get a panerai i must say...especially you have a rolex already..its a rolex and panerai show nowadays...
rayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2009, 10:45 PM   #4
brainbizz

I personally like the Ferrari line. It was actually my first "Panerai" They appear to be less popular but if you like it then who cares. In regards to resale who knows for sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00fer2.jpg (33.8 KB, 64 views)
brainbizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2009, 07:38 AM   #5
bigmikebee
"TRF" Member

get what you like.....i think theres an online watch site selling ther fer at a fairly large discount. also, i believe panerai recently took the "time job" away from another co. and is now working w/ ferrari. finally, i find the rads more for a dress occasion and lum's more sport. also, i believe the rads feel smaller on the wrist over the luminor's. just my 2 cents.....
bigmikebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2009, 07:47 AM   #6
argee1977
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROC
Ferrari watches are a bit of a problem area due to resale values, but my local AD is selling off their Ferrari models for about half price just now, might be worth giving them a call and grabbing a bargain, at least that way you'll have an easier ride if you do sell it on at a later date.
argee1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2009, 10:43 PM   #7
Trurolexer
Banned

Watch: 5513MaxiI+PreComex
IMHO Pannie more good in Historic models.
Trurolexer is offline   Reply With Quote