The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 10 December 2020, 01:52 PM   #1
fingolfin123
"TRF" Member

Help required choosing between CFB annual calendar and FC perpetual calendar

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this forum and wanted to seek advice on a new buy that I have been contemplating. The watches under consideration are and its getting tough to choose one of the two -

1) Carl F Bucherer Heritage Bicompax chrono (annual calendar) in steel and black rubber strap
2) Frederique Constant Perpetual Calendar in gold plated steel and leather strap

The Carl F Bucherer reminds me of the Patek 5270 and is an interesting mix of large outsized date window with annual calendar, chronograph and with perfect rectangular pushers for chrono functions. Its a limited edition as well.

The FC QP on the other hand is an in house movement and a QP on top of it! Looks nice in the grey and gold combination.

Available quite close to each other in terms of price - can't seem to decide which one to go for.

If it helps, I already have a Tag Aquaracer, Omega Deville (brushed silver dial with blue hands), Seiko Presage, couple of Undones and a few vintage watches - a 1969 VC, HMT and Roamer (all automatics or manually wound)

Would you guys be kind enough to throw some light on what you think are the goods/ bads about these models? Any other models that you think would suit in this range? Anything interesting from JLC (think might be much more costlier though)

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: png CFB.png (239.7 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg FC QP.jpg (94.0 KB, 106 views)
fingolfin123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2020, 06:52 PM   #2
alpharulez
"TRF" Member

Watch: Assorted!
Depends on your requirements. Can you live with one calendar change a year on the watch? If so go for the panda-esque CFB. On the other hand if you want a high complication and a dress watch then go for the FC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alpharulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2020, 06:53 PM   #3
fmc000
Banned

In general PPs are much better than ACs but in this case I will choose CFB because I don't like the dial of the FC: it's just too wide and empty meaning that the movement is small and it was fitted in an oversize case.
fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2020, 07:17 PM   #4
ShingaMC
"TRF" Member

I would go with the annual calendar, the PC is hard to adjust date and time with you rotate your collection. I also heard it’s a fragile movement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ShingaMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2020, 04:15 AM   #5
wesdaniel
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Varies
I'm not much of a fan of the finishing of the FC watches. I've had a few and they're "okay," but, not something that I'd buy again.

Honestly, for what you pay for those, a lot of times, you can pick up an Omega AC gray market. Not the hottest models, but, for example, the Deville Annual Calendar can be had <$5K.
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote