The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 June 2017, 04:11 AM   #31
osamu
"TRF" Member

I wear a Fitbit usually on my right wrist. Purposely bought an old model that doesn't look like a watch.

Wife and I bought each other Fitbits for Christmas so we can compare steps and such.

She's offered to buy me an Apple Watch and so has my work, but I have declined. It is tempting, but just feel i will either love it and it will take a ton of wrist time away from my other watches, or I'd rather wear a real watch and not wear the Apple Watch.

Maybe someday I'll get tired of mechanical watches, but that won't be during the lifetime of the current Apple Watch, so don't really feel the need to jump on one now.
osamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2017, 04:22 AM   #32
polaris72
2024 Pledge Member

Rolex on my left hand, Withings O2 on my right hand. Withings tracks my steps. I rely on Rolex in relation to time, as far as the tracking device, they have to be charged often. I found myself many times when the tracker was dead.
polaris72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2017, 04:54 AM   #33
j-watch
"TRF" Member

Watch: HULK, BLRO, 16523
I have several mechanical watches (6 current Rolex's, one being the wife's 36mm DJ, an Omega, and a Seiko). I also recently acquired a large Apple Series II on rubber strap. Went for the black PVD SS with sapphire crystal. I like it, and I wear it for work. I'm a traveling salesman, and it comes in quite handy during the work day. I travel about three days a week. The other two are in my home office. Therefore, I'm really only wearing my smartwatch about 3 days a week on average.

I generally only interface with customers (not co-workers) when on the road, and it's nice to not have to worry about what someone might say or think if they noticed a Rolex. I guess, more then anything, I was just not wanting to "have to have" that conversation if it was brought up. For that reason, I mostly would wear my Omega or Seiko (used to also wear a few Grand Seiko's) during my travel days visiting customers.

I switch back to my new SD43 when I get home. Prior to getting the new 126600, it was my 116600, BLNR, 16523 Zenith Daytona, or my 116600. My Daytona C doesn't come out to play much anymore.

My take is, "there's a place for a smart watch" but I could never live with it as my only option. I did pick up some very nice non OEM leather straps that seem to dress it up a bit.

Cheers,

J
j-watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2017, 05:00 AM   #34
hallidc
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTII / DaytonaC
I have an Apple Watch and only wear it while working and going to the gym.

I'd wear my Rolex everyday if I could, however I'd rather not ding it up.
hallidc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2017, 05:11 AM   #35
Marcus09
"TRF" Member

I stopped wearing it.
I bought it because it was trendy. Got bored shortly after.
At the of the day, a smart watch will never replace a Rolex. It's too much of a difference. It's like having a Ferrari then going back to drive a Fiat 500.
Marcus09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2017, 06:10 AM   #36
KrismanX
"TRF" Member

Watch: my feet.
1. Apple Watch is helpful as a remote for my music apps when doing work around the house and I don't want my phone in my pocket/am using both hands.

2. Received as a Krismas gift a few years back.

3. Rolex always wins. I even tried wearing my Apple Watch instead of my Rolex for work. Not even close.

"Better three hours too soon, than a minute too late."

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us."

ref. 116520 Daytona - 10/2014
KrismanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2017, 06:23 AM   #37
hugs
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and Tudor
I would consider if they didn't need charging every day.

But I don't think I could wear it on the right arm alongside the Rolex.. the smart watch makes the Rolex defunct from a practical point of view - I.E. it would come across as vanity -- it's nice to at least be able to give the illusion that I bought a Rolex to tell the time.
hugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2017, 10:49 AM   #38
jfoord27
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyPhilpott View Post
I won't be buying a smartwatch per se, but I do own a Fitbit Charge 2 and I wear it almost every day. Sometimes, I forget to put it on, but it's rare.

I usually wear it on my left arm with my my regular watch, because my bowling glove prevents me from putting on my right arm.

On those days that I don't bowl and I leave the apartment, I will put it on my right arm, but often I forget to do that.

Technically, I could ditch the watch, as the Fitbit tells time, but I prefer to use my watch for the time and my watch doesn't keep track of my activity.

I really don't care what others might think about it.
I'd recommend the Alta HR and wearing it on the other wrist. It's thinner than the Charge HR so doesn't stand out as much.
jfoord27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple watch , daytona , question , smartwatch , submariner