The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 29 September 2021, 12:21 PM   #1
Emax
"TRF" Member

Is Rolex only selling at Boutiques

Hey guys so I live in Long Island and have bought most if not all my watches from Tourneau in the mall by my house. So I stopped by the other day and I see that there is no more Rolex in the store I asked my SA what happened to Rolex and she said that Rolex is not being sold in her store any more only in the stores with Rolex boutiques. This really sucks for me as I put time and effort’s into making my connections at that store now I have to start all over again.
Emax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2021, 12:53 PM   #2
vh2k
"TRF" Member

My AD said _______
vh2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2021, 01:01 PM   #3
RealMadrid1988
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona | BLNR
Not sure what that means — suspect you misunderstood your SA. For example, in NYC there are boutiques (Wempe boutique on Fifth Ave and Tourneau boutique in Meatpacking), “hybrid stores” that have separate areas of the store dedicated exclusively to Rolex with separate entrances (e.g., Tourneau on 53rd, Watches of Switzerland at Hudson Yards) and “mixed” stores where Rolex is part of the general showroom (e.g., London Jewelers at WTC, Tourneau at Bryant Park).

Perhaps you can see if your SA can refer you to one of the Tourneau stores in Manhattan or Westchester that carries Rolex.
RealMadrid1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2021, 01:33 PM   #4
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
That sucks ... Is this the store in Roosevelt Field Mall ? I used to go there over the years when I was living in LI years back and during recent years when visiting for Christmas.
Old 29 September 2021, 10:57 PM   #5
Emax
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onequik135i View Post
That sucks ... Is this the store in Roosevelt Field Mall ? I used to go there over the years when I was living in LI years back and during recent years when visiting for Christmas.
No its the store in Waltwhitman mall they are not selling Rolex anymore. The store in Roosevelt field has a separate Rolex store attached to Tourneau and that store still sells Rolex.
Old 30 September 2021, 01:04 AM   #6
vh2k
"TRF" Member

Both Rolex and Bucherer/Tourneau indicate this location is an official Rolex jeweler. Something is amiss here.
Old 30 September 2021, 01:17 AM   #7
HelloMelo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onequik135i View Post
I frequent the store in Roosevelt Field Mall and have seen zero male Rolex pieces in their cases.
HelloMelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 01:23 AM   #8
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
I haven’t stepped foot in the place in the last few years but will be up that way this Christmas week finally. Missed the annual LI visit last Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30 September 2021, 01:23 AM   #9
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

Rolex doesn't have boutiques, maybe one in switzerland, they are all AD's
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 01:35 AM   #10
vh2k
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaTuna View Post
Rolex doesn't have boutiques, maybe one in switzerland, they are all AD's
Rolex Boutique is Rolex products ONLY. No other brands. Doesn’t have to be owned by Rolex.

Boutique/AD Hybrid format has a dedicated Rolex entrance (from street or mall) and customers can access the Rolex area directly (without having to walk past any other brands).

Standard AD format - Of course, Rolex has dedicated window displays and segregated Rolex area... but no dedicated Rolex entrance from the street or mall.
Old 30 September 2021, 01:35 AM   #11
sportsfan0704
"TRF" Member

I think it’s a misunderstanding. They don’t have watches because of the demand, not because Rolex isn’t giving watches to AD anymore. Rolex is clearly pushing new boutique style stores that are operated by AD, but that doesn’t mean the end of AD’s either. It’s funny since Tourneau said this to you but they also operate the boutique in meatpacking in nyc lol. They aren’t the brightest unfortunately.
sportsfan0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 03:05 AM   #12
RealMadrid1988
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona | BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by vh2k View Post
Rolex Boutique is Rolex products ONLY. No other brands. Doesn’t have to be owned by Rolex.

Boutique/AD Hybrid format has a dedicated Rolex entrance (from street or mall) and customers can access the Rolex area directly (without having to walk past any other brands).

Standard AD format - Of course, Rolex has dedicated window displays and segregated Rolex area... but no dedicated Rolex entrance from the street or mall.
Curve ball: Unless the boutique is in NYC’s Meatpacking District and also has Tudor products.
RealMadrid1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 03:56 AM   #13
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
My guess would be that Rolex boutiques may be receiving more inventory than the traditional AD, as boutique owners have made a greater commitment to meet the terms and condition Rolex requires for boutique status.
Old 30 September 2021, 04:51 AM   #14
Emax
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan0704 View Post
I think it’s a misunderstanding. They don’t have watches because of the demand, not because Rolex isn’t giving watches to AD anymore. Rolex is clearly pushing new boutique style stores that are operated by AD, but that doesn’t mean the end of AD’s either. It’s funny since Tourneau said this to you but they also operate the boutique in meatpacking in nyc lol. They aren’t the brightest unfortunately.
Yes you are correct Tourneau as far as the Waltwhitman store is concerned they will no longer be selling Rolex and if a wanted a Rolex I would have to go to Roosevelt field mall where they have a separate area just for Rolex. I was in the store last week and everything Rolex is gone no signs nothing just all the other brands they sell.
Old 30 September 2021, 06:37 AM   #15
bob sims
Banned

At least at the boutique they can't pressure you to buy Hublot and triiple priced jewelry.
bob sims is offline   Reply With Quote