The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 29 March 2015, 11:40 PM   #31
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Agree. It took me a few passes to think about picking this up.

Visually it's an awesome watch. In titanium it makes it the most comfortable watch I've ever worn in metal. I sleep with a watch on. Last night was the first time for my 300. The lume was fantastic even at 3:00 am at times I barely even felt it on.

This is a nice friggin watch.

I will have to try titanium on again. Every time I have the lack of weight rubbed me the wrong way. I really have a chrono aversion too. I have neurological issues that affect my ability to visually process some things, and "busy" watch dials I think just trigger that. Other wise this would be in the watch box. Tried it on couple weeks ago and the pie pan dial and size was perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2015, 12:03 AM   #32
Askewww
"TRF" Member

How about you send the BLNR to me and I'll wear it until you want a rolex again!!
Askewww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2015, 01:03 AM   #33
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdex75 View Post
I will have to try titanium on again. Every time I have the lack of weight rubbed me the wrong way. I really have a chrono aversion too. I have neurological issues that affect my ability to visually process some things, and "busy" watch dials I think just trigger that. Other wise this would be in the watch box. Tried it on couple weeks ago and the pie pan dial and size was perfect.

I love that watch. I agree Omega has gone nuts lately. But some of their more traditional designs are unbeatable.

Lately I've been into leather as its just so comfy.

This Ti watch kind of gives me best of all worlds.

Loving the retro look too.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2015, 01:13 AM   #34
gmlomas
Banned

Watch: IWC, PAM, Rolex
It takes a man to recognize what you just did.
gmlomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2015, 05:36 AM   #35
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Funniest part about that is I almost never post incomings anymore. I realized they were getting redundabt.

Tell you one thing tho, I'm having fun with watches again. I had slowed down for a bit. But my interest has again been piqued.

The part that is not funny is that I've got the same reputation with cars.
Keep them coming my friend. Always a pleasure to see your new watches.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2015, 07:46 AM   #36
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Agree. It took me a few passes to think about picking this up.

Visually it's an awesome watch. In titanium it makes it the most comfortable watch I've ever worn in metal. I sleep with a watch on. Last night was the first time for my 300. The lume was fantastic even at 3:00 am at times I barely even felt it on.

This is a nice friggin watch.
Stop teasing us. Let's see some pics!
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2015, 08:25 AM   #37
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

I suggest keeping the BLNR. I've flipped watches to get others, but I never considered flipping a Rolex for an Omega. I recently picked up an Omega SPEEDMASTER double sapphire and flipped a Pamerai for it. Initially was after the DAYTONA SS in a white dial, but after trying it on at the AD, it didn't 'sing' to me, plus I didn't care for the 'trade in' offers I received for my new Explorer II towards a DAYTONA. So I decided instead to get the SPEEDMASTER to add a chronograph.
Old 30 March 2015, 09:56 AM   #38
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
Stop teasing us. Let's see some pics!
ha. here you go brother.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0065.jpg (78.8 KB, 284 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0068.jpg (75.7 KB, 286 views)

Old 30 March 2015, 11:19 AM   #39
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
ha. here you go brother.

Nice trade in my opinion.

Not sure about the money but I like the look of that Omega.

bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2015, 02:35 PM   #40
rolexnub
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing TRF
Good move on the trade. It looks really nice on your wrist
I have Rolex and Omega too.
rolexnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2015, 10:15 PM   #41
jmsrolls
Banned

Nice move and nicer watch!

I'm loving mine more each day. Omega hit a home run with the 300 M.
jmsrolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2015, 04:17 PM   #42
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
ha. here you go brother.
Very, very nice. I love the shade of blue that Omega uses. It isn't so "in your face" like the Smurf blue. It's very deep and rich.

When I tried on the watch, I didn't really get to play around with the new clasp. How is it? Is the level of adjustability about the same as the glidelock?
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2015, 05:25 PM   #43
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
How I understand you, had 3 Rolex, BLNR, sub C and Daytona 116515, but love was gone after I got my first Patek, flipped them, after that got a Hulk, never wore it so it got flipped too, now I have 2 Patek and quite happy like this for some time I think
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2015, 02:39 AM   #44
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ CO BL
yeah I get what you mean, for me the modern rolexes do not do much. The only modern one I have is the Daytona which looks pretty identical to the Zenith one I have. Not a fan of the ceramics in the new ones. Having said that I feel Omega are really trying to innovate and they have some interesting pieces for sure.
F.P.Journe Chronometre Optimum Black Label, Patek 5811G-001, A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 191.039, Patek 5167A-001, Rolex Yacht-Master 40 Everrose, (Wh) Rolex Daytona 116500, (Blue) Rolex Skydweller 326934, Rolex Submariner 126610LV

IG: tokyo_watch_guy
kaiserphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2015, 03:56 AM   #45
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

It's so interesting the views that people share about Rolex vs Omega.

I truly love Rolex watches. I have since before I knew what a Rolex was. My old man wore one, and I loved the look and style of the watch.

I tend to avoid wearing them now for a relatively specific reason. People, especially in this forum tend to talk about "flying under the radar". I agree that we are all entitled to our opinions, but imo people are always checking out other people. Wether it is noticed or not, it's not my opinion, it's a fact. Rolex watches DO get noticed.

And sadly, often times people wearing Rokex watches get lumped into the douche bag category. It might not be fair, but neither is racism or sexism. Certain attributes are associated with certain groups because they are prevalent in that community.

Someone wearing a Rolex is linked into the category of someone that has money. Not always the case, but often times it's true. Someone with money is often times lumped into the category of pretentious douche bag. This sadly is also often times true. Clearly, not always, but it's a perception of many because there is truth behind it.

I love Omega watches because I feel they are top notch quality. I also love the fit and feel. And I like that they truly do go unnoticed.

Interestingly enough, I have admitted on this site that I'm ok with being noticed. I even enjoy it. And my watches are jewelry. I like them that way.

To me, if my Omega gets noticed, it's not because it is an Omega. It's because it's a beautiful watch that shouts out quality. It does not shout out branding such as Rolex does.

I love this new 300. And I'm enjoying my love affair with Omega. I can only hope it continues.

And just to point out: clearly, this is my opinion and mine only. I do not mean to offend anyone. But if you are getting offended by any of this, probably a better idea to look at yourself rather than the person making a statement of personal opinion.

And clearly, I still like Rolex. Indeed I like the watches very much. Can't wait to try on the new releases. But they will have to be something really special for me to pick one up.

Old 1 April 2015, 04:17 AM   #46
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Really nice piece, buddy! Hope you continue to enjoy it!
Old 1 April 2015, 04:23 AM   #47
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjclark32 View Post
Really nice piece, buddy! Hope you continue to enjoy it!
Ha. Thanks brother.

Old 1 April 2015, 02:19 PM   #48
patek.wis
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Sky
love the 300
got the Sedna
only complaint scratches easy!
patek.wis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2015, 08:53 PM   #49
SUPERDOC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It's so interesting the views that people share about Rolex vs Omega.

I truly love Rolex watches. I have since before I knew what a Rolex was. My old man wore one, and I loved the look and style of the watch.

I tend to avoid wearing them now for a relatively specific reason. People, especially in this forum tend to talk about "flying under the radar". I agree that we are all entitled to our opinions, but imo people are always checking out other people. Wether it is noticed or not, it's not my opinion, it's a fact. Rolex watches DO get noticed.

And sadly, often times people wearing Rokex watches get lumped into the douche bag category. It might not be fair, but neither is racism or sexism. Certain attributes are associated with certain groups because they are prevalent in that community.

Someone wearing a Rolex is linked into the category of someone that has money. Not always the case, but often times it's true. Someone with money is often times lumped into the category of pretentious douche bag. This sadly is also often times true. Clearly, not always, but it's a perception of many because there is truth behind it.

I love Omega watches because I feel they are top notch quality. I also love the fit and feel. And I like that they truly do go unnoticed.

Interestingly enough, I have admitted on this site that I'm ok with being noticed. I even enjoy it. And my watches are jewelry. I like them that way.

To me, if my Omega gets noticed, it's not because it is an Omega. It's because it's a beautiful watch that shouts out quality. It does not shout out branding such as Rolex does.

I love this new 300. And I'm enjoying my love affair with Omega. I can only hope it continues.

And just to point out: clearly, this is my opinion and mine only. I do not mean to offend anyone. But if you are getting offended by any of this, probably a better idea to look at yourself rather than the person making a statement of personal opinion.

And clearly, I still like Rolex. Indeed I like the watches very much. Can't wait to try on the new releases. But they will have to be something really special for me to pick one up.

Great post, and late congratulations on a killer watch...

Your insights and observations are spot on for me... as much as I love Rolex, that 'Rolex Stigma' has become a bit of a negative...

but I don't want this to turn into an anti-Rolex, or Rolex vs Omega thread...

Lets just focus on how awesome that SM300Ti is...

I'm just waiting for Patek.wis to scratch his up to the point of big savings on the pre-owned market....
Old 2 April 2015, 01:35 AM   #50
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDOC View Post
I'm just waiting for Patek.wis to scratch his up to the point of big savings on the pre-owned market....
I love how we always have each other's best interests at heart!
KBM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2015, 02:07 AM   #51
walds11
"TRF" Member

It really sounds like you are subconscious about wearing your Rolex. That's ok and you did the right thing by flipping the BLNR. I would not suggest a BLNR to someone who wants a Rolex watch that will fly under the radar. The blue/black ceramic bezel and PCLs give the watch some bling. I would suggest a SubC if looking for a robust sports model without that added bling.
Old 2 April 2015, 03:07 AM   #52
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
It really sounds like you are subconscious about wearing your Rolex. That's ok and you did the right thing by flipping the BLNR. I would not suggest a BLNR to someone who wants a Rolex watch that will fly under the radar. The blue/black ceramic bezel and PCLs give the watch some bling. I would suggest a SubC if looking for a robust sports model without that added bling.
Ha. I'm not subconscious about it. I'm very conscious about it.

I like the sub. It's a beauty. It's also the most widely recognized watch in the world. I think the Explorer would fit the bill best. But just prefer my current track.

Old 2 April 2015, 06:49 AM   #53
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Funniest part about that is I almost never post incomings anymore. I realized they were getting redundabt.

Tell you one thing tho, I'm having fun with watches again. I had slowed down for a bit. But my interest has again been piqued.

The part that is not funny is that I've got the same reputation with cars.

Tell me you still have the Mustang Seth? Has all gone wrong someone pinch me

Can't blame you! That's a killer omega and if it was brushed Id consider it myself. Coming to the realization that my blnr on glide lock doesn't sit well with me and pcls will never sit well with me. ON TO THE NEXT!
Old 2 April 2015, 09:23 AM   #54
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Tell me you still have the Mustang Seth? Has all gone wrong someone pinch me

Can't blame you! That's a killer omega and if it was brushed Id consider it myself. Coming to the realization that my blnr on glide lock doesn't sit well with me and pcls will never sit well with me. ON TO THE NEXT!
I can relate to all that.

The mustang still fills my garage. Currently, I'm pricing out a roush stage 3.

That one will stay. The rest are always on the chopping block.

Old 2 April 2015, 10:06 AM   #55
T. Ferguson
"TRF" Member

Lotta love for Omega here, I own a couple myself and they get their fair share of wrist time.

Life's too short and at these price points, well...follow your bliss.
Old 2 April 2015, 08:23 PM   #56
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

congrats, seth! hey, it's not a total flip....it still has some blue! ;-)
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2015, 12:21 AM   #57
NoVaSubowner
"TRF" Member

Watch: Love them.
It"s a fantastic watch, I just could not get past the fake patina on the ss black dial. The dial looks a little "whiter" in the blue titanium model.

If they had introduced this watch with regular white lume on the dial I would still own mine.

Nothing wrong with your trade IMO.....
NoVaSubowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2015, 07:27 AM   #58
jmsrolls
Banned

Quote:

The mustang still fills my garage. . .
I wish I still had my 64 1/2 Mustang fastback. My cousin (a Ford dealer) had it delivered to Holman Moody in Charlotte who installed a blueprinted 289 with three 2-barrels. Grad school, marriage, and a child forced its sale but what a car. I've owned some great cars since but that was my first love. Lots of good memories.

Speaking of love, I'm loving my SS 300 M more each day. I know you probably feel the same about your Ti.
jmsrolls is offline   Reply With Quote