The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 18 February 2014, 08:35 AM   #1
boychild
"TRF" Member

Breitling Navitimer 01

Hello everyone! I am thinking of getting the Breitling Navitimer 01 soon and I'd like to know everyone's opinions about it. How's the movement and reliability? Cheers!

asset-version-ddc9772d06-navitimer_01_116.jpg
boychild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2014, 10:46 AM   #2
gmg_3
"TRF" Member

Great watch, get the iconic black with the deployment.
gmg_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2014, 12:13 PM   #3
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP
I bought a pre-owned Navi 01 LE for Christmas and I've had no problems whatsoever. It keeps great time, and is a gorgeous watch. I have the black dial and black leather band with deployant and it is very comfortable. I have a smaller wrist so I even have extra strap tucked in.
srvrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2014, 12:02 PM   #4
Thomasio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvrf View Post
I bought a pre-owned Navi 01 LE for Christmas and I've had no problems whatsoever. It keeps great time, and is a gorgeous watch. I have the black dial and black leather band with deployant and it is very comfortable. I have a smaller wrist so I even have extra strap tucked in.
Want to sell it? I sold a Navitimer w/ blue face & blue croc deployant, and I miss it.
Thomasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2014, 06:31 PM   #5
robisan
"TRF" Member

Its a nice watch, you'll like it.
robisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2014, 07:49 AM   #6
boychild
"TRF" Member

Thank you, everyone! :)
boychild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2014, 09:40 AM   #7
afc1
"TRF" Member

My good friend has one and he loves it. It's a great watch!

Watch Collection: Rolex and AP
afc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2014, 01:36 PM   #8
bde
"TRF" Member

Watch: -aholics anonymous
You'll love it go for it!
bde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2014, 07:25 AM   #9
Jgs2451
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 116610LN
Go for it!
Jgs2451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2014, 10:50 AM   #10
sea-dweller
"TRF" Member

Looks sharp!
sea-dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2014, 01:09 PM   #11
Aarcher@McDGA
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR 15400ST
If you are a strap person go for it. If not get an avenger or something. I love my 01 but never wear it because it is on a strap. I am currently looking for a bracelet.
Aarcher@McDGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2014, 08:35 PM   #12
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
I may need one of these too.... I just have a hard time getting past how Breitling doesn't hold the ol value so well......
airchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2014, 01:50 PM   #13
KBM
2024 Pledge Member

That is simply the nicest watch in the entire Breitling lineup. It's on my wish list too!
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2014, 05:32 AM   #14
sco
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subc AT 8500 CSO
It's a great watch. Breitling has had some issues on their in house chrono pieces, but they have extended the warranty to five years, so that should help out! Overall people seem to really enjoy the piece. I think it's awesome! Good Luck!
sco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2014, 11:46 PM   #15
GermanyMatt
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126711, 126610
It's a great watch. Just make sure you buy it right or you'll take a bath when you sell or trade it - if you do.
GermanyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2014, 12:32 PM   #16
wisguy
"TRF" Member

Awesome watch, an icon.

Get one and don't look back.
Old 25 April 2014, 02:42 PM   #17
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I don't have the 01 but I love my navi world. It may not see all the wrist time lately, but I cannot deny its beauty. No one really can

Go for it. Great watch.
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2014, 09:18 AM   #18
U Boat
"TRF" Member

Watch: U Boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by boychild View Post
Hello everyone! I am thinking of getting the Breitling Navitimer 01 soon and I'd like to know everyone's opinions about it. How's the movement and reliability? Cheers!

Attachment 467314

That is one stunning watch, I have my eye set on one too. I really would like to add that to my collection. It's just such a great looking watch. But i have other breitlings to collect first.
U Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2014, 09:22 AM   #19
psv
"TRF" Member

I talked to my Rolex Master Watchmaker (worked for Rolex for 10 years, then went independant, still certifified) and he also worked for Patek Philippe in CH and he absolutely adores the B01 movement. Along with the Rolex Cal 4130 he says it among the best modern sports chronograph movements out there.

I really like the Navitimer - real classic and much under-rated IMO, which means it is a great value at the moment.
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2014, 07:43 PM   #20
bmwboris
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by sco View Post
It's a great watch. Breitling has had some issues on their in house chrono pieces, but they have extended the warranty to five years, so that should help out! Overall people seem to really enjoy the piece. I think it's awesome! Good Luck!

What issues has Breitling had with the B01 movement? Where has this been documented or proven?
bmwboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2014, 04:05 AM   #21
TAKUYA
⭐⭐⭐⭐2024 Boutique Seller

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
It's awesome watch. i used to have the same Panda dial, but 01 LE:

Instagram @takuyawatches
TAKUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2014, 11:41 PM   #22
Travelair007
"TRF" Member

I just acquired the Navi 01 and decided it's not for me...definitely an iconic look for Brieling but I'm finding myself drawn to my Navi World (blue) and my Montbrillant 1461.... :-)

I'll be listing mine soon for trade or sale but would encourage you to go and wear it at an AD before you make your decision....!
Travelair007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2014, 05:58 PM   #23
BGalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwboris View Post
What issues has Breitling had with the B01 movement? Where has this been documented or proven?
There was a thread at breitlingsource where a Navi 01 chrono functions failed 2 weeks after purchase. The AD exchanged it out for another one, and the replacement had the same problems! He got a third one and it was good one (third time's a charm right?).

Here is the thread, hopefully it is ok to post it:
http://breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/vi...=52984&start=0
BGalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2014, 02:52 AM   #24
bde
"TRF" Member

Watch: -aholics anonymous
You can go over to the AP forum and find people having issues with $20k+ watches.

I never had any issues with my Navi 01 LE. Breitling is very confident in this movement and is backing it with a 5 year warranty! Buy with confidence.
bde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2014, 09:47 PM   #25
bmwboris
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGalt View Post
There was a thread at breitlingsource where a Navi 01 chrono functions failed 2 weeks after purchase. The AD exchanged it out for another one, and the replacement had the same problems! He got a third one and it was good one (third time's a charm right?).

Here is the thread, hopefully it is ok to post it:
http://breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/vi...=52984&start=0

Thanks for the link, but all that tells me is that a few Breitling owners were commenting on some issues with their watches. That doesn't necessarily correlate to Breitling extending their warranty to 5 years to cover mechanism issues as stated in the earlier post.

I own watches of a perceived "higher quality" than Breitling ( AP, JLC, IWC, VC) that have the same "issues" mentioned in the other forum- yet these manufacturers haven't extended warranties to cover these issues.

I think we just need to be careful in how we phrase things as they can be misconstrued. I'm also a big Breitling supporter and it irks me a bit when people make comments that directly/indirectly put the brand down
bmwboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2014, 12:39 AM   #26
sco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwboris View Post
Thanks for the link, but all that tells me is that a few Breitling owners were commenting on some issues with their watches. That doesn't necessarily correlate to Breitling extending their warranty to 5 years to cover mechanism issues as stated in the earlier post.

I own watches of a perceived "higher quality" than Breitling ( AP, JLC, IWC, VC) that have the same "issues" mentioned in the other forum- yet these manufacturers haven't extended warranties to cover these issues.

I think we just need to be careful in how we phrase things as they can be misconstrued. I'm also a big Breitling supporter and it irks me a bit when people make comments that directly/indirectly put the brand down
Totally with you on this, and of course people are more likely to find a forum with the intent of sharing the problems they have had with a product rather than praising the company when everything works as described.

I too am a huge Breitling fan, it was my first luxury watch and is extremely special to me.

The question of reliability was asked, and I answered that with the knowledge of some owners having issues with the movements. If you do get a chance, please visit Breitling source or do some additional investigation and you will find exactly what I stated, there ARE some problems with the BO1 chronograph movement. Some may be growing pains as it is still relatively new, some may be design issues. There have been plenty of posts with members stating the chrono does not reset properly as well as other issues. There is a member there that owns two BO1's and both have had multiple issues with one having the entire movement replaced after sending it back several times. This may not be the norm, but it is happening and it is an issue.

There is a reason that Breitling added three years to the warranty, and it is not because they felt like being nice...
Old 8 May 2014, 03:19 AM   #27
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP
I think a similar thing has been happening on TRF with some bad experiences with Panerai service in Ft Worth skewing the overall experience there. There were watches coming back with scratches, and watches getting sent to the wrong address. Mistakes do happen, but I just couldn't believe that they screwed up every watch that was sent in. I sent my PAM 121 in with carefully documented photos and explained exactly what I wanted, and that's what I got. Perfect and just what I expected.

My Navi 01 LE has been just what I expected with no problems whatsoever. But unless something like this comes up, I would never have posted a "my Navi 01 LE works as expected" post. So don't let some problems with some watches distract from the fact that there are still a lot of happy 01 owners out there.
srvrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2014, 07:44 AM   #28
BGalt

For full disclosure, I bought a Navi 01 last month, and mine has been fine. I read the thread I linked to, and figure Breitling or my AD would make it right if something happened.

I'm on wus and you can see a lume shot of my Navi & PO:
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f15/got...a-1020129.html
BGalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2014, 02:00 PM   #29
sco
"TRF" Member

I forgot the most important part... that I would love to own a Navi 01 one day