The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 16 January 2021, 03:04 AM   #31
impactplayer
"TRF" Member

If it were me, I would just get my money back. It's frustrating to give them an interest free loan like that and you've still no idea when you might get your piece.
impactplayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 04:59 AM   #32
Cassidy776
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyedguy View Post
I like the less cluttered dial of the 321. The 321 has better finishing on the movement which is more pleasing to the eye. The 321 looks better to me.
You're probably right about the movement but who sees the movement while on one's wrist??? Anyway, for half the retail list price, and with the usual Omega discounts, coming down the line, I'll take a 3861!!!!! Then again, in a year or two, might be able to pick up the 321, on the secondary market, for a more realistic price
Cassidy776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 05:04 AM   #33
cts
"TRF" Member

321 in limited supply, less than 2000/year. Price probably won’t drop much over time. Will likely increase.
cts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 05:28 AM   #34
Trog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy776 View Post
You're probably right about the movement but who sees the movement while on one's wrist??? Anyway, for half the retail list price, and with the usual Omega discounts, coming down the line, I'll take a 3861!!!!! Then again, in a year or two, might be able to pick up the 321, on the secondary market, for a more realistic price
I've already decided what I'll be purchasing in lieu of the 321:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JLC_Chrono.jpg (157.9 KB, 358 views)
Trog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 05:33 AM   #35
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Not a fan of the strap but everything else looks great.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 05:45 AM   #36
ROGERB
"TRF" Member

Watch: 89 16610, 57 7914,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trog View Post
Wow now that I would consider a def "trade up" from the Omega!

R
PS Happy New Year
ROGERB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 06:16 AM   #37
Cassidy776
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Not a fan of the strap but everything else looks great.
Newsflash.!!!!!!!......You can change straps
Old 16 January 2021, 06:17 AM   #38
Cassidy776
Banned

Quote:
Old 16 January 2021, 06:31 AM   #39
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy776 View Post
Newsflash.!!!!!!!......You can change straps
Really!? I had no idea. Please show me how in a detailed 200 step process.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 06:43 AM   #40
Cassidy776
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Really!? I had no idea. Please show me how in a detailed 200 step process.
Yep, its true.......I would show you but being how complicated it is, not sure you're ready to handle it.
Old 16 January 2021, 11:28 AM   #41
cuibono
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS SkyD
I don't believe Omega is playing the Rolex game in the case of the 321. They announced its limited nature and the reason behind it. I don't think greys are hoarding them and driving scarcity and price premiums like they do with Daytonas etc. Getting your cash back and looking elsewhere makes perfect sense. The waiting game is annoying.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
cuibono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 11:33 AM   #42
cuibono
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nice!

Old 16 January 2021, 11:58 AM   #43
Trog
Banned

BTW, for those of you upset with Omega's new found marketing strategy, I suggest you write Omega and let them know how you feel. You can contact their concierge directly from the Omega website.
Old 16 January 2021, 12:16 PM   #44
greeneyedguy
Banned

The master control chrono is super nice!
greeneyedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 06:32 PM   #45
Justindo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Great choice! That's my favorite recent JLC release and it's definitely a step up regarding brand and complications compared to the 321. Seeing it makes me think the 321 is overpriced but I still want one, as it's the ultimate Speedmaster. You might consider getting the 1863 or the 3861 sapphire for a lot less money in addition to the JLC.
Justindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 09:38 AM   #46
Trog
Banned

OMG, What have I done?!

Just returned from a nice chat with my AD.

We discussed the state of affairs regarding the delivery of the Ed White 321 in the foreseeable future. They assured me that I'm #1 on their wait list and that head office assured them (in writing) that they will get at minimum, two Ed Whites.

I did ask if I should expect to have to wait another year, to which they felt that it would not be that long...probably this summer.

My AD was also was happy to return my deposit if I wanted, or to use the funds for another choice....up to me.

They also happen to be the AD for JLC. No JLC Master Chronographs in Steel have landed on our shores....but they were expected soon.

So now I'm #1 on two wait lists!!!

Damn, this is going to be an expensive year.

Oh...and here's some news that they shared that I found disturbing....my AD had been advised that it's likely Omega will stop production of the Ed White this year. Don't know why, but I suspect it's too disruptive to their production and not nearly profitable enough to justify the overhead. Anyone who has received their Ed White should consider themselves extremely fortunate.
Old 17 January 2021, 12:51 PM   #47
cuibono
"TRF" Member

Quote:
OMG, What have I done?!

We discussed the state of affairs regarding the delivery of the Ed White 321 in the foreseeable future. They assured me that I'm #1 on their wait list and that head office assured them (in writing) that they will get at minimum, two Ed Whites.

I did ask if I should expect to have to wait another year, to which they felt that it would not be that long...probably this summer.

My AD was also was happy to return my deposit if I wanted, or to use the funds for another choice....up to me.

They also happen to be the AD for JLC. No JLC Master Chronographs in Steel have landed on our shores....but they were expected soon.

Oh...and here's some news that they shared that I found disturbing....my AD had been advised that it's likely Omega will stop production of the Ed White this year. Don't know why, but I suspect it's too disruptive to their production and not nearly profitable enough to justify the overhead. Anyone who has received their Ed White should consider themselves extremely fortunate.
That last bit of news is interesting but not likely.

Old 17 January 2021, 04:25 PM   #48
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
OMG, What have I done?!

321 is a beautiful piece. As long as you have a good relationship with your AD and you believe what they’re telling is true (that they’ll likely be able to deliver the watch in the next 6 months), then seems like a good choice to stick with it.

Agreed with the other post that it seems very unlikely they will stop production of the Ed White. Omega just started making it again - and in terms of profitability, even at 1000 watches per year that’s $15M in revenue. How many watch makers you need to produce 4 watches per day? It also stands as a nice boost to the Moonwatch as a brand.

By the way that JLC is amazing as well - but I can’t get over how plain the strap is. I wish JLC made more watches with bracelets.
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 12:07 AM   #49
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

I checked recently. They don’t know if they will be able to deliver one to me in the next future. We are talking of more than 3 years waiting at the moment.
So they basically told me I will get the Snoopy first and maybe the 321 after.
I moved late for the 321, and apparently they have a pretty long list.
I heard the same thing regarding the production rate from Omega HQ. At this time it seems they are discouraging the OB regarding even “promising” an allocation.
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 12:21 AM   #50
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Like so many others, I plonked down a sizable deposit on the new Ed White 321. Of course at the time, no one anticipated how the response to the Pandemic would have impacted global production.

Having just passed the 1-year anniversary, I'm beginning to get tired of the wait.

I've moved away from Rolex years ago due to their frustratingly long wait lists, and I'm thinking of doing the same for Omega......and not just for the Ed White, but to cut bait entirely.

I believe Omega is emulating Rolex's silly-bugger marketing games in the hopes it will increase brand hype.

Frankly, I don't want to participate in these games.

Am I being irrational?

It’s your money, but look that movement does not appear to he the fake hype of the Daytona of which there are plenty out there and made. There appear to be very few watchmakers that are making the 321, and it appears to me a far more man made operation (at least according to omega) and so is not as widely produced as the regular moonwatch, of which folks are already taking delivery. Many models that omega offers can be had today, so I don’t put them on the same level as Rolex with the fake inflated demand games.

Now, given the money one can source a solid vintage 321 for likely the same amount, and to that I would give consideration.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 01:43 AM   #51
Nicolamilton
"TRF" Member

In Spain (OB) I was told when I paid Snoopy the waiting list is very short. Maybe you should try different countries.
Nicolamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 06:54 AM   #52
m0butt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justindo View Post
My Omega AD told me flat out that they have only received one 321 so far and advised me to get one at the boutique, as the boutiques have been given priority for this watch. Based on what the boutique has told me, this is true, as they are getting 1-2 a month. I recently went the boutique route with 100% payment and I know I will eventually be getting the watch. I didn't really mind because my AD offered no discount. The boutique told me it could be anywhere from two months to two years, but they said that it would realistically be less than a year. If I were you, I would probably get on the list at the boutique if you really want the watch and the sooner the better.

Although it stinks to have to put down a 100% deposit on an Omega, the fact is that the 321 is truly limited by production due to the single watchmaker assembly, unlike the artificially limited Rolexes that they could churn out quickly if they wanted. I've been "on the list" for a white dial Daytona at my AD for over three years and I've completely given up on getting the watch at this point. Needless to say, my money has been going to other brands, like Omega, instead of Rolex due to their recent practices.
Do you have purchase history? I would do 100% deposit no problem if it guaranteed me one. I'm in NYC and have never bought anything from an OB except a bracelet for my speedy so I'm not sure if they'd help me out.
m0butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 06:37 PM   #53
Justindo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
OMG, What have I done?!

Two watches are better than one!

For what it's worth, I think the Ed White will be produced for at least another year or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0butt View Post
Do you have purchase history? I would do 100% deposit no problem if it guaranteed me one. I'm in NYC and have never bought anything from an OB except a bracelet for my speedy so I'm not sure if they'd help me out.
I own a few Omegas and am somewhat acquainted with a couple of the staff but I didn't have a purchase history with the boutique. For a new face with no purchase history it might be tough to get one, even with a 100% deposit, but it's worth a try. I'd try sooner rather than later.
Old 2 January 2022, 03:55 PM   #54
sp006
"TRF" Member

Any updates now that we are a year later?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sp006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2022, 06:39 PM   #55
JohnWilson
"TRF" Member

Great question!

Well… one things for sure… they’re still making the 321
JohnWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2022, 02:48 AM   #56
Trog
Banned

Some closure....

Mid 2021 I visited my AD and got my deposit back. The same day I visited the local OB where I had zero history.

I explained that I had waited 18-months for a EW, but in the end gave up. At my request, the OB added me to their waiting list.

Not 3-weeks later I got the call.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NIK321_0r.jpg (228.6 KB, 164 views)
Old 3 January 2022, 10:14 PM   #57
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Good deal.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2022, 12:37 PM   #58
Justindo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp006 View Post
Any updates now that we are a year later?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I still haven't gotten the call but I expect it in 2022. I hope!