The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11 January 2016, 10:08 PM   #1
Sublovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Watch that completely disappointed you?

Since most of us here are collectors with multiple watches, I was just curious to hear from people the one watch that they have purchased that ended up being a total disappointment.
I typically will not buy a watch without trying it on and thinking it over for quite a while. That said, it isnt always feasible to do this....
I have bought and sold several watches once I get done with them and others are long term keepers.
For me the biggest disappointment to date would have to be the Oris ProDiver non-chrono version. When this big beast came out a few years ago, I was immediately focused on getting one. Several months later I found a great deal on a used model and bought it. Like most purchases, I anticipated receiving it and the day I did, I got home from work, put it on and went to dinner.
By the time dinner was over I knew it was a catch and release....just didnt look as appealing as thephotos, didnt feel nice and did not sit on the wrist the way I liked so off it went.
What about you?? What was the biggest swing and miss?!
Sublovin is offline   Reply With Quote