The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 30 November 2021, 06:31 AM   #91
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
i agree with you when it comes to adults, but this kind of stuff is being pushed heavily onto kids nowadays and they're too young to understand what's going on. nothing against guys dressing however they want or women dressing however they want. if you're an adult and you feel comfortable doing something then i'm all for it. if you're a little kid being told wearing a dress is normal as a male then that's where i draw the line (and that is what's happening in schools)
We recently moved from a Wonderbread homogenous part of Michigan to Chicago. We were worried about how our kids (8 and 12) would adjust to school for a variety of reasons and they're doing just fine. They went from having all (presumably straight) white teachers to having a very diverse mix of teachers. My 8 year-old's teacher is an openly gay man and the student teacher is non-binary. They briefly discussed how the non-binary teacher wanted to be addressed and why, and from the sound of it the kids grasped it pretty quick and that was that.

The teachers are phenomenal. One teacher made a milkweed garden outside his home to attract monarch butterflies and then brings the chrysalises to class to track their development as part of the science curriculum! It's not the job of educators to teach kids how to dress or who to associate with. But it is their job to create an environment where kids can be themselves without risk of persecution for being different.
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 08:34 AM   #92
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscmatt99 View Post
We recently moved from a Wonderbread homogenous part of Michigan to Chicago. We were worried about how our kids (8 and 12) would adjust to school for a variety of reasons and they're doing just fine. They went from having all (presumably straight) white teachers to having a very diverse mix of teachers. My 8 year-old's teacher is an openly gay man and the student teacher is non-binary. They briefly discussed how the non-binary teacher wanted to be addressed and why, and from the sound of it the kids grasped it pretty quick and that was that.

The teachers are phenomenal. One teacher made a milkweed garden outside his home to attract monarch butterflies and then brings the chrysalises to class to track their development as part of the science curriculum! It's not the job of educators to teach kids how to dress or who to associate with. But it is their job to create an environment where kids can be themselves without risk of persecution for being different.
This may come down to a person’s individual philosophical stance toward the world. Not everyone wants their child to be made aware of their teacher’s sexual preferences or gender identity.

The teachers have every right to live their lives as gay men or women, but it’s not fully clear to a lot of people why the kids need to be told about it. If I reoriented my sexuality toward hardcore S&M and then became a teacher, should I tell the students about why I have a dominatrix girlfriend called Queen Goddess? Similarly, with the non binary teacher, if someone prefers not to be called “Mister Smith” they can demand “Teacher Smith” and no further explanation is necessarily needed. If a lady said she preferred Miss over Missus I don’t think I’d ask why.

I’m on the fence here. If it were my kids, I think I’d tolerate the situation you described. but I fully understand why other parents would complain.
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 09:07 AM   #93
Rebel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Sub 75090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recondope View Post
The demasculinizing of man continues.
This.