The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 29 October 2021, 12:24 AM   #1
alexdjca
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116300 Wimbledon
Watchmaker in London

Hi All,

I recovered from a 160XX Datejust in very poor conditions a 3035 movement that needs some care and i'd like to use it in a old Sub which movement is totally corroded.

The movement works almost fine, keep the time very well but has something wrong in the interaction with Automatic winding system mechanism.

I try to explain:

If i try to manual wind the movement the crown seems almost stucked, but technically it's because is trying to move all the Automatic movement.

If i remove the Automatic from the movement then i'm able to manual wind it properly.

I'm not a watchmaker but in my spare time as a hobby I usually service by myself my watches with ETA movement, but to be honest i never touched a Rolex movement so i don't feel totally confident to do it.

Is there any honest Watchmaker reading this forum, possibly in Central/West London who can fix the issue and take the occasion to perform a full service to this movement? Due to the particular situation i really don't think it could be convenient to bring it to Rolex?
alexdjca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2021, 08:15 PM   #2
chaw6125
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC 116610
You won't be able to get Rolex parts for a decent price to work on it yourself like an ETA movement. I'm guessing it is a reverse wheel is ruined. I think they are the red teflon coated ones so £££ if you try and source yourself.

The guy I use used to be London based but now lives in a village 15 mins from Luton. Has a Rolex parts account and is an ex Patek guy. Their website still says Luton but they aren't based there any more.

Company is called Bond Street watch services and he is called Richard. I think most of his customers are trade still rather than the likes of us.

Like most guys he won't likely do a part repair so will be a full service but being able to deal with the guy who will work on your watch is a big plus to me over sending it in to Rolex and never interacting with the person who will have their hands on your watch.
chaw6125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2021, 10:55 PM   #3
alexdjca
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116300 Wimbledon
i finally decided to dismantle the automatic part of the movement, clean up and relubricate both reverse wheels and everything is working fine now.
I was a bit scared at the beginning, but i need to say that it's even easier working on a 3035 than on a ETA movement :)
alexdjca is offline   Reply With Quote