The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 13 November 2021, 03:15 AM   #1
sportsfan0704
"TRF" Member

Cost and time to regulate a Rolex

I am thinking about taking my datejust that runs about +6 seconds to be regulated. I live near both an RSC and a high end watch maker authorized by Rolex (I guess that’s what they mean by independent?). Either way, I was wondering if anyone knows what it typically costs for this service and how long I should expect it to take? I know the actual process of adjusting the screws doesn’t take long, but will rsc/the watchmaker typically keep the watch for a few days to test the timing?
sportsfan0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2021, 11:47 PM   #2
Kap007
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116900
+ 6 really isn't that bad. I took my 1993 Air King to be regulated shortly after a service.(both independent, service and reg. by two different people). It took my Indy about 10 minutes to regulate. Maybe a little less. Said I must wear it and may have to come back in. It was running about +10, now about +5 a day. I could go back but since my purchase in Sept. I have not taken my new 40mm Air-King off my wrist. She too is going to need a regulation. Running consistently at +20 seconds a day. Too fast for new watch, but I think a lot of the people on here get a a little nutty with the accuracy. I get the feeling the truth is bent a little. The +/- 2 out of the box is really unheard of. I'm a one watch guy. The older AK is my back up. Watch has to be worn all the time to have it regulated properly. I'm also a never take it off guy. Shower, sleep, always on.
Kap007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2021, 11:48 PM   #3
Kap007
"TRF" Member

Oh yeah, my Indy didn't charge anything for reg. He has done work for me in the past, but one should not be charged.
Old 14 November 2021, 02:04 AM   #4
sportsfan0704
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap007 View Post
+ 6 really isn't that bad. I took my 1993 Air King to be regulated shortly after a service.(both independent, service and reg. by two different people). It took my Indy about 10 minutes to regulate. Maybe a little less. Said I must wear it and may have to come back in. It was running about +10, now about +5 a day. I could go back but since my purchase in Sept. I have not taken my new 40mm Air-King off my wrist. She too is going to need a regulation. Running consistently at +20 seconds a day. Too fast for new watch, but I think a lot of the people on here get a a little nutty with the accuracy. I get the feeling the truth is bent a little. The +/- 2 out of the box is really unheard of. I'm a one watch guy. The older AK is my back up. Watch has to be worn all the time to have it regulated properly. I'm also a never take it off guy. Shower, sleep, always on.
I agree that too many people are fixated on the +/-2 seconds thing. Part of the reason the +6 bothers me so much is that I’m a 2 watch guy and my other watch (a submariner) runs about +1 seconds, so the difference between the 2 watches is enough to bother me. If it was just one watch running +6 I could probably ignore it. The good thing is it’s consistent at +6, not bouncing around or anything. Thank you for your insight.
sportsfan0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2021, 02:36 AM   #5
Kap007
"TRF" Member

Of course. And yes, good point. Running consistently at +6 and mine for two months now at +20 sec. a day one can be assured movement is in good shape. Just needs a regulation.