The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 15 November 2021, 10:15 PM   #1
scubadiver1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN,Omega SMP
Early for a service ?

HI, My February 2016 Submariner stopped at the weekend, tried winding but as I wear the watch all the time it very rarely requires a winding, booked in to drop off for a service next weekend, but just wonder if approaching 6 years seems a short duration before needing a service
scubadiver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2021, 08:57 AM   #2
HiBoost
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadiver1 View Post
HI, My February 2016 Submariner stopped at the weekend, tried winding but as I wear the watch all the time it very rarely requires a winding, booked in to drop off for a service next weekend, but just wonder if approaching 6 years seems a short duration before needing a service
Depends on how you look at it. Many will say you should have them at least pressure tested regularly to ensure seals are good and you are maintaining waterproof specs. An equal number will say they've gone 15+ years with no service at all. My overall sense is that for a watch to be fully stopped, not functioning at all, within 6 years is shorter, perhaps significantly, than expected.

You mentioned your watch is a 2016 model (or at least that's when you bought it) - 2016 is right around when the Rolex service interval changed from 5 years to 10 years. Now, it's up for debate how much of that was a marketing change and how much was based on engineering metrics, but suffice it to say that any modern high quality watch should keep running for many years. Would love to hear back from you after service if they give any indication of what needed to be replaced...
HiBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2021, 04:14 PM   #3
scubadiver1
"TRF" Member

Yes I was thinking that it may be more than just a service required and something has gave up internally , will update when I get the service completed and what was exactly wrong
Old 1 February 2022, 10:27 PM   #4
scubadiver1
"TRF" Member

Watch back from service after just over 7 weeks, no issues at all Rolex just said it needed a service so may just be that I was outside the start of the 10yrs service schedule, anyway happy to have it back
Old 1 February 2022, 11:10 PM   #5
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Nice to have it back I am sure. Enjoy.
1William is online now   Reply With Quote