The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 26 November 2021, 04:57 AM   #31
TC94
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugloaf View Post
Technology and payment networks are some of the most valuable and useful entities on the planet (FAANG, fintechs, etc). If you have a 1950's definition of functional purpose like "manufactures rotary phones", then sure. But this line of thinking has excluded you from buying one of the best investments in history.
Not to mention logistics, proof of ownership records, authenticity verification for luxury goods, shared cloud storage, and shared supercomputer time primarily between research companies and universities.

And those just scratch the surface of the potential here.
TC94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2021, 03:20 PM   #32
joewang1988
"TRF" Member

Anybody buy the dip recently?

Most of my crypto in below

-Bitcoin
-Ethereum
-Cardano
-CHZ
-Chainlink
-Polygon

Also started staking on CRO so might have to buy some CRO to get better staking yields, specially for ETH and MATIC
joewang1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2021, 03:32 PM   #33
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewang1988 View Post
Anybody buy the dip recently?

Most of my crypto in below

-Bitcoin
-Ethereum
-Cardano
-CHZ
-Chainlink
-Polygon

Also started staking on CRO so might have to buy some CRO to get better staking yields, specially for ETH and MATIC
Yep, i topped up my biggest holdings of ETH and BTC, plus added some more DOT and CRO.

LINK and ADA are the dogs of my portfolio at the moment. I don't know what to do with ADA but I'm barely break even now. I'm tempted to cash out for ETH.

On a side note for staking, I convert all my ETH to BETH on Binance. The BETH coin earns staking rewards and you also get a nice discount (currently 0.91 BETH to ETH). BETH will convert to ETH on a 1:1 ratio once the sharding development is done (hopefully by mid 2022).

Crypto.com staking rewards are pretty decent for ETH though, so either works.
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2021, 04:02 PM   #34
joewang1988
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpit View Post
Yep, i topped up my biggest holdings of ETH and BTC, plus added some more DOT and CRO.

LINK and ADA are the dogs of my portfolio at the moment. I don't know what to do with ADA but I'm barely break even now. I'm tempted to cash out for ETH.

On a side note for staking, I convert all my ETH to BETH on Binance. The BETH coin earns staking rewards and you also get a nice discount (currently 0.91 BETH to ETH). BETH will convert to ETH on a 1:1 ratio once the sharding development is done (hopefully by mid 2022).

Same for me for ADA. Just going to HODL for the time being as I think the true support level will be around $1. Only thing is not much development news or anything I researched lately.

What is BETH? Is that a coin only offered on Binance? And how is it different from Ethereum?
Old 14 December 2021, 07:37 PM   #35
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewang1988 View Post
Same for me for ADA. Just going to HODL for the time being as I think the true support level will be around $1. Only thing is not much development news or anything I researched lately.

What is BETH? Is that a coin only offered on Binance? And how is it different from Ethereum?
I'm not sure exactly how to explain it, but yes it's Binance's 1:1 ETH coin equivelant.

It allows you to trade ETH for BETH at the current rate and gives the staking rewards daily which it adds onto your holding. It's just another way of staking without the lock-in period as it allows you to trade out.
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 12:16 AM   #36
Swearengen
"TRF" Member

If Warren won't, I won't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHoN...BusinessBasics

1680 1675 16800 16570 16710 17000 16613 17013

Gone but not forgotten 16610LV 1016
Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 02:42 AM   #37
joewang1988
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm not sure exactly how to explain it, but yes it's Binance's 1:1 ETH coin equivelant.

It allows you to trade ETH for BETH at the current rate and gives the staking rewards daily which it adds onto your holding. It's just another way of staking without the lock-in period as it allows you to trade out.
Ah okay that makes sense. Thanks. I will look into it more
Old 15 December 2021, 05:09 AM   #38
stockae92
"TRF" Member

My attitude towards crypto is "play with the money that you can afford to lose", same for gambling. :D
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 05:25 AM   #39
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP36 Blue 3-6-9
I listen to a fantastic podcast called "We Interview Billionaires" and every Wednesday (Crypto Wednesday) they interview the top people from around the world in crypto. Hedge fund managers, traders, you name it. Last week they interviewed the two guys who worked with the govt of Venezuela to create their sovereign coin and to create Bitcoin City, which is going to be an international tax haven for crypto miners and businesses. There will be a full scale international airport to support jumbo jets, condos, apartments, hotels, office buildings, restaurants, and they are expecting people to take up residency there.
Mendota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 06:10 AM   #40
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

ADA is a cult coin lol, it has no use and no active network. i don't know how it's worth this much or was ever worth more. there are much better ETH alternatives like avalanche (avax)
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 08:17 AM   #41
greeneyedguy
Banned

I have a theory that as crypto becomes more and more mainstream the alt coins that are available at a cheaper rate than the larger well established coins will grow and out pace their big brothers. Look at Shiba inu for instance. From meme coin to NFT utility, to payment utility in one year, what was once a meme is now unmistakably here to stay. The more these coins bury their tentacles in our financial transaction system the more the public will trust their legitimacy and therefore invest. My idea is to cover the market holistically and own several thousand of each with certain target prices for each. When it rains small puddles fill up first so as the masses go for the cheaper coins I will be sitting there ready to harvest my well thought out rewards.
greeneyedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 08:41 AM   #42
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyedguy View Post
I have a theory that as crypto becomes more and more mainstream the alt coins that are available at a cheaper rate than the larger well established coins will grow and out pace their big brothers. Look at Shiba inu for instance. From meme coin to NFT utility, to payment utility in one year, what was once a meme is now unmistakably here to stay. The more these coins bury their tentacles in our financial transaction system the more the public will trust their legitimacy and therefore invest. My idea is to cover the market holistically and own several thousand of each with certain target prices for each. When it rains small puddles fill up first so as the masses go for the cheaper coins I will be sitting there ready to harvest my well thought out rewards.
I don't have an opinion either way, but I just want to mention that I listened to some fixed income and crypto hedge fund managers talk about this very subject last week and interestingly, they were positing the exact opposite and used all of the dog themed coins as an example, but there are many others lumped into that same "shitcoin" umbrella. They speculate that within a few years they will all fizzle out and disappear. The only ones left will be Bitcoin and Ethereum, and a few others that actually have some real utility. One of the analogies used is when you go to the car dealership you don't pay in apple seeds or green beans. You don't buy a house with corn. You pay in dollars (or whatever your own national currency is). We don't have dozens of different types of money. I'll post the link. Very interesting conversation and it lasted about an hour. That's not to say you can't have fun and make money while speculating on these while they are around and then get out, but they aren't long term investments in the same way that Bitcoin and Ethereum are.

Again, I don't know but I just thought it was an interesting perspective. Personally, I am more closely following your reasoning and I have been putting small amounts into different baskets to capitalize on the current market conditions.
Old 15 December 2021, 09:15 AM   #43
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
the real money is in the smaller coins (outside of the top 75) but that's also where the most risk is. people buying things like cardano and xrp hoping for a 5-10x are looking at the wrong place, those old and overvalued coins have no new money flooding in. you have to be ahead of the curve there (i find twitter to be the best place for that) but also you can wake up with your investment gone from a rug pull. a lot of those coins are down 60-80% since 3 weeks ago so obviously the safest and most comfortable holds are btc and eth
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 09:24 AM   #44
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendota View Post
I listen to a fantastic podcast called "We Interview Billionaires" and every Wednesday (Crypto Wednesday) they interview the top people from around the world in crypto. Hedge fund managers, traders, you name it. Last week they interviewed the two guys who worked with the govt of Venezuela to create their sovereign coin and to create Bitcoin City, which is going to be an international tax haven for crypto miners and businesses. There will be a full scale international airport to support jumbo jets, condos, apartments, hotels, office buildings, restaurants, and they are expecting people to take up residency there.
Edit: It's El Salvador, not Venezuela, and the podcast is "We Study Billionaires."

There are fantastic discussions in here with top money managers and entrepreneurs. There are hundreds of episodes and each one has actionable and investable content. The Wednesday episodes focus purely on crypto.

https://open.spotify.com/show/28RHOk...128b5df86a42c1
Old 16 December 2021, 08:45 AM   #45
greeneyedguy
Banned

Quote:
I don't have an opinion either way, but I just want to mention that I listened to some fixed income and crypto hedge fund managers talk about this very subject last week and interestingly, they were positing the exact opposite and used all of the dog themed coins as an example, but there are many others lumped into that same "shitcoin" umbrella. They speculate that within a few years they will all fizzle out and disappear. The only ones left will be Bitcoin and Ethereum, and a few others that actually have some real utility. One of the analogies used is when you go to the car dealership you don't pay in apple seeds or green beans. You don't buy a house with corn. You pay in dollars (or whatever your own national currency is). We don't have dozens of different types of money. I'll post the link. Very interesting conversation and it lasted about an hour. That's not to say you can't have fun and make money while speculating on these while they are around and then get out, but they aren't long term investments in the same way that Bitcoin and Ethereum are.

Again, I don't know but I just thought it was an interesting perspective. Personally, I am more closely following your reasoning and I have been putting small amounts into different baskets to capitalize on the current market conditions.
I always have target prices to keep this in check. If a coin meets it's target I sell half and reinvest the profit in other things like mutual funds. I snagged a Grand Seiko Omiwatari this year as a bonus ( =. Being a head of the curve is the biggest factor in making a killing and I think we are still a head of the curve. Selling the dream of making it big with very little investment will pull the masses in, position yourself accordingly.
Old 16 December 2021, 08:48 AM   #46
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I always have target prices to keep this in check. If a coin meets it's target I sell half and reinvest the profit in other things like mutual funds. I snagged a Grand Seiko Omiwatari this year as a bonus ( =. Being a head of the curve is the biggest factor in making a killing and I think we are still a head of the curve. Selling the dream of making it big with very little investment will pull the masses in, position yourself accordingly.
Agreed 100%. This is pure speculation at its root form and isn't investing.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Old 17 December 2021, 09:00 AM   #47
greeneyedguy
Banned

Quote:
Agreed 100%. This is pure speculation at its root form and isn't investing.

I don't think it's pure speculation as the utility of crypto is currently being rooted into our financial system. I think a large part of the hype may be but I believe there is true value in cryptocurrency.
Old 17 December 2021, 01:12 PM   #48
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don't think it's pure speculation as the utility of crypto is currently being rooted into our financial system. I think a large part of the hype may be but I believe there is true value in cryptocurrency.
I'm referring only to the sh#tcoins. Those are pure speculation. Bitcoin and Ethereum are not. Neither are CBSCs.

Old 17 December 2021, 01:37 PM   #49
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride View Post
Wish you the best- I’m probably missing the boat on this investment. I’m on a more conservative path of mainly low fee mutual funds. Might miss out on the crazy run of crypto, but very happy with my 17% average over the last 10 years.
This is how I was able to retire at age 54 when the company I worked for "downsized" into oblivion.
Yeah. Neither me nor my investment advisor have any interest in "crypto" (and he is the vice prez of a large firm.)

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 04:42 PM   #50
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
Originally Posted by 214270Explorer View Post
This is how I was able to retire at age 54 when the company I worked for "downsized" into oblivion.
Yeah. Neither me nor my investment advisor have any interest in "crypto" (and he is the vice prez of a large firm.)
A larger firm than Bank of America, Chase, or JPMorgan?
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 11:50 PM   #51
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSolution View Post
I will start off just by saying I believe this last quarter of the year is going to perform very strongly, BTC Has performed well recently and surpassed its ATH, which etherium has also just done.
Ooops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
ADA is a cult coin lol, it has no use and no active network.
Where were you when I doubled-down on ADA?

Gads, I'm now down like 40% on that dog. Woof.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2021, 01:34 AM   #52
offrdmania
2024 Pledge Member

I got in on HEX Very early on and have been able to grow a very large portfolio.

Spinning off of HEX will be the Pulse chain network which will be a direct competitor to the ETH network but without the insane gas fees. It is set to go live in the next month or two and as a HEX holder I was able to get in on Pulse prior to its release. I am sitting on 69 mil Pulse tokens. I’m hoping to retire off of it in the next couple years.
Old 18 December 2021, 08:40 PM   #53
greeneyedguy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214270Explorer View Post
For those of you with 6 figure portfolios who invest regularly. I'm in my 30's and just broke 6 figures, how much should I be investing per week? I've been putting $200 into to the total stock market mutual fund and 100 into crypto per week. Is this enough for the compounding effect to take hold once this thing matures for 20 years?