The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 24 November 2021, 06:01 PM   #1
tonytho
"TRF" Member

Rolex 1675 - 1967 box

Hi to all. New to the group

I have an original "pepsi cola" rolex model 1675 dated 1967 with the original paper. I inherited the watch from my grandfather that purchased the watch in South Africa.
I am looking to find its original box and booklet and I keep hitting my head because I cannot find a straight up answer about what actually the box and booklet looks like. Do any one have any photos, information or anything that can help me complete my watch?

Thank you.
tonytho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2021, 01:00 AM   #2
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
I would consider this box and GMT owner's paper correct for circa 1967. There might have been other boxes available during this time period that are different or unique to a particular region or country throughout the world.

There was not a GMT owner's manual during the 1960s. While a printed owner's manual was not yet in use during the 1960's, instead, Rolex issued an owner's paper with the watch - a single sheet of paper with GMT info printed on to it. During the early 1970s, Rolex replaced the owner's paper with the owner manuals for each type of watch.

NOTE: The GMT owner's paper is dated on the back side in the lower left corner. Based on when your watch was sold, you might consider an owner's paper that is dated properly to correspond with your watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210119_104705.sm.jpg (116.1 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg 20210119_104739sm.jpg (187.8 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg 20210119_104754.sm.jpg (185.9 KB, 197 views)
File Type: jpg 20210119_104833.sm.jpg (87.3 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg Img_6059.sm.jpg (97.1 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg Img_6058sm.jpg (151.4 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg Img_6060sm.jpg (87.4 KB, 195 views)

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2021, 01:54 AM   #3
TimeToGo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Look at this site, great info with boxes of different periods..
https://rolexhaven.com/boxes.html
TimeToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2021, 08:37 AM   #4
CTech
"TRF" Member

There is one of the "ribbon" boxes (that Springer identified as being correct) currently for sale on Kansas City Craigslist:

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cl...404459048.html

It looks to be in good condition and is reasonably priced at $300 or best offer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00e0e_NitAmk8tabz_0dm0aw_1200x900.jpg (46.8 KB, 150 views)
CTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2021, 05:12 PM   #5
tonytho
"TRF" Member

Thank you for your information. It really cleared up the hole situation for me. I have the original paper with the date of 1967. I don't know but when I showed to one vintage collector my watch, he said the dial is not from the date of purchase. They didn't had that dial before. (Pepsi - Cola)
Old 25 November 2021, 05:14 PM   #6
tonytho
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
I would consider this box and GMT owner's paper correct for circa 1967. There might have been other boxes available during this time period that are different or unique to a particular region or country throughout the world.

There was not a GMT owner's manual during the 1960s. While a printed owner's manual was not yet in use during the 1960's, instead, Rolex issued an owner's paper with the watch - a single sheet of paper with GMT info printed on to it. During the early 1970s, Rolex replaced the owner's paper with the owner manuals for each type of watch.

NOTE: The GMT owner's paper is dated on the back side in the lower left corner. Based on when your watch was sold, you might consider an owner's paper that is dated properly to correspond with your watch.
Thank you for your information. It really cleared up the hole situation for me. I have the original paper with the date of 1967. I don't know but when I showed to one vintage collector my watch, he said the dial is not from the date of purchase. They didn't had that dial before. (Pepsi - Cola)
Old 25 November 2021, 11:20 PM   #7
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1966 Rolex 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytho View Post
Can you post some pictures of the watch, and especially the dial? If the dial is a possible issue, I’m sure a few people here could confirm that.
Kingface66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2021, 07:17 PM   #8
tonytho
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingface66 View Post
Can you post some pictures of the watch, and especially the dial? If the dial is a possible issue, I’m sure a few people here could confirm that.

I cannot send the image because it says that I reached the maximum posts. I can send it in a different way maybe but I don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk