The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 31 August 2015, 04:42 AM   #1
Ticking_Sonata
"TRF" Member

Is this original or after market 78360?

Hi guys,
Want to ask if my bracelet is original rolex 78360 580 or its after market? Thank you

uploadfromtaptalk1440960134024.jpg
Ticking_Sonata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2015, 05:12 AM   #2
Ticking_Sonata
"TRF" Member

Let me know if you need more picture. Thank you
Old 31 August 2015, 05:37 AM   #3
TimeToGo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

If you would, post better pictures of both sides of the clasps.
TimeToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2015, 07:06 AM   #4
Ticking_Sonata
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeToGo View Post
If you would, post better pictures of both sides of the clasps.
Hope this would help

uploadfromtaptalk1440968720120.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440968749007.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440968782099.jpg
Old 31 August 2015, 07:22 AM   #5
g-boac

Hello Gabriel,

Your 78360/580 bracelet looks very consistent with mine. The coronet on yours is very slightly different - just a bit more compact, whereas mine is just a shade taller - but that may even be an illusion caused by comparing what I see on my screen against what I see in my hand. And, my bracelet clasp also has the numbers "78360" engraved onto it, along with a letter "H" which is a date code indicating date (year) of production.

That being said, many other important details, including clasp markings ("Rolex", "Steelinox"), the orientation and position of the clasp engravings, and EVERYTHING else about your bracelet looks very consistent with genuine Rolex. Additionally, it's well known that genuine vintage Rolex parts varied slightly through the course of their production, for example, consider all the different variants, or "Marks" of Rolex matte dials throughout the 16-year Rolex GMT-Master 1675 matte dial era. . .there were roughly eight recognized dial variants, most of which had slightly different coronets from each other (some taller, some shorter). For that matter, even modern, present-day Rolex watches vary - consider the two (or three?) different dial variants, or "Marks" of the Sea-Dweller Deep Sea known to be out there since it was first introduced in 2008.

All considered, there is nothing about your bracelet that appears non-genuine, and you should enjoy your bracelet along with your watch (which is probably a 1675 or 16750)!
g-boac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2015, 07:30 AM   #6
Ticking_Sonata
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-boac View Post
Hello Gabriel,

Your 78360/580 looks very consistent with mine. The coronet on yours is very slightly different - just a bit more compact, whereas mine is just a shade taller - but that may even be an illusion caused by comparing what I see on my screen against what I see in my hand. And, my bracelet clasp also has the numbers "78360" engraved onto it, along with a letter "H" which is a date code indicating date (year) of production.

That being said, many other important details, including clasp markings ("Rolex", "Steelinox"), the orientation and position of the clasp engravings, and EVERYTHING else about your bracelet looks very consistent with genuine Rolex. Additionally, it's well known that genuine vintage Rolex parts varied slightly through the course of their production, for example, consider all the different variants, or "Marks" of Rolex matte dials throughout the 16-year Rolex GMT-Master 1675 matte dial era. . .there were roughly eight recognized dial variants, most of which had slightly different coronets from each other (some taller, some shorter). For that matter, even modern, present-day Rolex watches vary - consider the two (or three?) different dial variants, or "Marks" of the Sea-Dweller Deep Sea known to be out there since it was first introduced in 2008.

All considered, there is nothing about your bracelet that appears non-genuine, and you should enjoy your bracelet along with your watch (which is probably a 1675 or 16750)!
Thank you for your very informative answer. Reason why i think its after market because when i saw many picture of 78360, in the inner clasp there is a specific code to show the date of production, for exampelle VE while mine its just simply written STEELINOX without any code.

Now i am very happy to know that my bracelet is not after market. Please forgive me for my limited knowledge as i am new in vintage world. Here is a wristshot of the watch.
Thanks again for your help

uploadfromtaptalk1440970188918.jpg
Old 31 August 2015, 07:37 AM   #7
Manzen48
Banned

Hi,wat concerns me is the lack ov 78360 on clasp and a letter,plus the crown seems to prounounced,i saw this mentioned on youtube before,the crown on buckle doesnt seem right,wat is the actual watch model and do you have a pic ,cheers
Manzen48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2015, 07:43 AM   #8
Ticking_Sonata
"TRF" Member

Yesa thats my biggest question in my head about the lack of 78360 and the production code. However it can be argued that it is overpolished.
Old 31 August 2015, 08:02 AM   #9
Manzen48
Banned

What i would do is go to a trustworthy small jeweller,and ask them to pop it open,at this point my main concern would be is watch the real deal,where did you buy it ,,,,,
Manzen48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2015, 07:17 PM   #10
TimeToGo

Don't panic with this..

It is common to see these blades without the date codes (letters) and or 78360 stamping. Early 70's, same as 7836 blades.

Thanks for posting the additional pics.

Nice watch, love them GMTs!
TimeToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2015, 08:03 PM   #11
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Everything looks fine.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2015, 10:23 PM   #12
Ticking_Sonata
"TRF" Member

Thank you very much guys for the reply. Very appreciate.
Old 1 September 2015, 02:04 AM   #13
gileto
"TRF" Member

yes, my 9315 doesn't have production date code on the clasp blade, and it's 100% genuine ;)
gileto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2015, 03:52 AM   #14
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeToGo View Post
Don't panic with this..

It is common to see these blades without the date codes (letters) and or 78360 stamping. Early 70's, same as 7836 blades.

Thanks for posting the additional pics.

Nice watch, love them GMTs!
X2. I have had them without markings also.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2015, 09:50 AM   #15
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

I concur it's ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk