The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 May 2016, 03:34 AM   #1
kevblah
"TRF" Member

Mixed Experiences with NY RSC

Sent in a Daytona with power reserve issues a few months ago, was repaired under warranty and I received it back in about a month. That experience was pleasant.

Sent in my father's Datejust for a full service. They received it and called me to give me the estimate for the service as well as a few other recommended item replacements. I authorized all of the repairs over the phone and the person on the phone told me thank you and that they would call when it was finished.

Fast forward 2 weeks later, I call them today to get an update on the repair and the lady on the phone (who wasn't rude, but not pleasant either) told me that they have not begun the work yet because I did not authorize it. I'm like what are you talking about, I authorized it on the phone and they said they would call me when it's ready. She replies that they emailed me a work order and that I would need to reply to it to authorize the work.

After digging through my spam folder and finding the email, I replied back and NOW they will begin the work. I'll accept blame when it's my fault but at no point in the first conversation did anyone mention anything about an email.

Ugh, that's my rant for today. I wouldn't even care that much if it wasn't for the fact that I lent my Submariner to my father to wear in the meantime and he is kind of rough on things
kevblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2016, 03:36 AM   #2
japenney
"TRF" Member

Watch: undecided
I'm surprised people still bring Rolex watches within 10miles of RSC NY . So many bad reviews on here.
japenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2016, 03:37 AM   #3
kevblah
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by japenney View Post
I'm surprised people still bring Rolex watches within 10miles of RSC NY . So many bad reviews on here.
I've read a lot of the bad reviews and most of it seems to be related to Rolex not honoring warranties, especially gray-market or secondhand watches.

I guess that further translates to just poor customer service overall.
Old 26 May 2016, 04:06 AM   #4
flathead59
"TRF" Member

Not sure this only applies to RSC NY. I sent my 116613 to Dallas, and the emailed me an authorization form that I was supposed to print, sign, and send back. When I dropped one off they had me sign the form too.

Mark
flathead59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2016, 04:10 AM   #5
jbenjamin1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Many
From my perspective I would vouch for Rolex as I would like to have something in writing or other traceable method versus a verbal go ahead. As my old boss always said, "if it ain't in writing, it didn't happen".

However upon reading more into the original post, I would be irritated if the customer service rep did not tell him to look out for an email!
jbenjamin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2016, 04:17 AM   #6
kevblah
"TRF" Member

I have no problem signing off for something as long as it was told to me like "hey make sure you reply to that email or your watch will just sit here". But no one told me. So I've been waiting for this watch and no work has been done to it.
Old 26 May 2016, 04:18 AM   #7
Bulliondesk
Banned

You didn't sign the legal paperwork necessary. Plain and simple. They did nothing wrong.
Bulliondesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2016, 04:42 AM   #8
Sublover2166
Banned

Watch: Ol'Bluesy & Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevblah View Post
Sent in a Daytona with power reserve issues a few months ago, was repaired under warranty and I received it back in about a month. That experience was pleasant.

Sent in my father's Datejust for a full service. They received it and called me to give me the estimate for the service as well as a few other recommended item replacements. I authorized all of the repairs over the phone and the person on the phone told me thank you and that they would call when it was finished.

Fast forward 2 weeks later, I call them today to get an update on the repair and the lady on the phone (who wasn't rude, but not pleasant either) told me that they have not begun the work yet because I did not authorize it. I'm like what are you talking about, I authorized it on the phone and they said they would call me when it's ready. She replies that they emailed me a work order and that I would need to reply to it to authorize the work.

After digging through my spam folder and finding the email, I replied back and NOW they will begin the work. I'll accept blame when it's my fault but at no point in the first conversation did anyone mention anything about an email.

Ugh, that's my rant for today. I wouldn't even care that much if it wasn't for the fact that I lent my Submariner to my father to wear in the meantime and he is kind of rough on things
Didn't you hear the folks are nicer in Dallas than Manhattan?LOL
Sublover2166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2016, 04:52 AM   #9
R1@160@alltimes
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♛
NY RSC sucks!!!
Old 26 May 2016, 05:04 AM   #10
Solo118
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
I happen to like them at RSC NY, they are not far from me so it would not make sense to ship a watch to Dallas.

I had one issue maybe 7-8 years ago where my 116523 would not reset to zero. They fixed it under warranty, and the problem came back when the watch was out of warranty. Not only did they fully service the movement on the house, they offered a new dial (I accepted) and also offered me a brand new crystal as mine had a scratch on it (which I also accepted)

On another occasion, I came in for a strap change on my 116518, and they offered the smaller size at a discounted price.

I would say they have always done right by me.
Solo118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2016, 05:26 AM   #11
trebor
"TRF" Member

Sent my YG Submariner to NYC.
They treated my as if I were the very best customer they ever serverd.
Watch came back running better tahn ever, and looks like new.
On phone and in emails they erred not!
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2016, 05:34 AM   #12
tomchicago
Banned

Watch: 16710BLRO, 214270.
Never liked 'em since they sent back my Pepsi with misaligned bezel then tried to say I just had bad eyesight! Haven't done bizniss with them since. Nasty place.
tomchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2016, 05:46 AM   #13
Javier2.0t
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulliondesk View Post
You didn't sign the legal paperwork necessary. Plain and simple. They did nothing wrong.
Sure they did. They didn't communicate. When the OP spoke to the representative nothing about signing paperwork was said. Then after the paperwork doesn't arrive no one from the RSC says "Gee this watch has been sitting here waiting for a signature awfully long, let's call the customer."
He has to call for an update to be told. They pretty much did everything wrong at that end.
Javier2.0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2016, 06:14 AM   #14
kevblah
"TRF" Member

I'm not condemning them exactly. At the end of the day, we use them for their technical expertise in servicing and repairing our watches. In that aspect, I think they will do a great job.

But the communication from them this time around was unacceptable. To have someone tell me that they will begin the work and call me when it's ready. Only for me to call 2 weeks later to be told smugly "you never authorized the work via email".