The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 7 November 2017, 04:14 AM   #1
semi-ambivalent
"TRF" Member

Icon9 Lengthy service time?

I had my AD send my 1978 SS DJ in to Rolex, Dallas in February because the date wheel was jumping. Full service, comes back working and looking gorgeous. By Sept. it was running +15s a day and I had it sent back under warranty. In a week Rolex said they had found an issue, to be handled at no charge. AD said because it was a 'repair on their repair' (not quoting here) they usually move such things up in the queue a bit. It's now been more than a month and no watch.

Of course, now that I've posted I'll get a call from my AD that it's arrived, but is this typical? As in might the age of the watch (I bought it in August, 1978) or the calibre 3035 play into Rolex's workflow? Do they have techs who are assigned older vs. whatever watches? Certainly venting a bit here, but from now on I'll just let my AD's in-house guy do any needed work.

All this being said, for my 65th I'll probably buy another Rolex, thinking by then the 3135 will have been replaced by a newer iteration.
semi-ambivalent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2017, 05:16 AM   #2
daveo5
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M COSC
I have always been advised by RWSC Dallas, time is between 4-8 weeks. I have had watches returned in as little as 4 weeks and sometimes as long as eight. All depends on whats's required and amount of watches waiting on service. Watches under new warranty, sales, are given preference. Rolex wants to keep new Rolex owners happy.
daveo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2017, 05:40 AM   #3
btinl
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: on my wrist
I was quoted 6-8 weeks for service at the former SF authorized service center
btinl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2017, 05:55 AM   #4
Terrakot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex LVc/BLNR
7 weeks in Italy
Old 7 November 2017, 06:16 AM   #5
CaveDweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: Timex
They will have no shortage of experience or parts with your 3035 – 6 to 7 weeks is the average – allow for the time they take to check its timekeeping

I’d rather get a proper job than a rushed one – you seldom get both …..
CaveDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2017, 07:44 AM   #6
JnmEaton
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18038 Presidential
FOREVER is the answer, because we all want our fabulous timepieces ON our wrist. all the answers above are accurate 4-8 wks. I would have probably tried to manipulate the time by laying the watch differently at night. There is a diagram I think Tools or Padi floated around talking about crown up or down that helps adjust timing....... fwiw
JnmEaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2017, 08:07 AM   #7
semi-ambivalent
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnmEaton View Post
FOREVER is the answer, because we all want our fabulous timepieces ON our wrist. all the answers above are accurate 4-8 wks. I would have probably tried to manipulate the time by laying the watch differently at night. There is a diagram I think Tools or Padi floated around talking about crown up or down that helps adjust timing....... fwiw
lol! YES, it's probably going to take forever, or some similar duration, like 4-8 weeks...

I will never again worry about a watch being fast, it's too easy to correct. But I was miffed as it had just received the whole service enchilada in Dallas. I'll search for that diagram and keep it handy.

Thanks everyone.
Old 7 November 2017, 10:57 AM   #8
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnmEaton View Post
There is a diagram I think Tools or Padi floated around talking about crown up or down that helps adjust timing....... fwiw

This is what I believe you saw...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2017, 03:33 AM   #9
semi-ambivalent
"TRF" Member

The ol' girl's home again

Just a bump to mention that my 16030 is back after about seven weeks at RSC Dallas. This is tempered by the watch, once running 15 seconds fast a day is now running only six seconds slow.

But the best part is that I have my Rolex back on my wrist and don't really care anymore about an error of 1 sec. every 5,760, even to the slow side. I will use my AD's Rolex trained tech for any future needs rather than RSC. I might still get a new Rolex for my 65th, perhaps a WG DD.

What a drug...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16030.jpg (66.3 KB, 147 views)
Old 21 November 2017, 04:39 AM   #10
Vincent65
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-ambivalent View Post
Just a bump to mention that my 16030 is back after about seven weeks at RSC Dallas. This is tempered by the watch, once running 15 seconds fast a day is now running only six seconds slow.

But the best part is that I have my Rolex back on my wrist and don't really care anymore about an error of 1 sec. every 5,760, even to the slow side. I will use my AD's Rolex trained tech for any future needs rather than RSC. I might still get a new Rolex for my 65th, perhaps a WG DD.

What a drug...
Yeah, what's a few seconds @ circa 65!
Old 14 January 2018, 12:52 PM   #11
Rocketman39
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513,Hulk,GMTII
Semi,
Get down to your AD and get that new Time Piece. Let us know what you get.
We will have a few Jim Beams to celebrate your purchase ! Enjoy !
Rocketman39 is offline   Reply With Quote