The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 13 November 2017, 02:57 AM   #31
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpmandk View Post
Has anyone recently bought a watch from both the boutique and AD that they’ve tried to register online?

Somehow i see my watch in my online AP profile with the extended warranty info but after registering my boutique watch I see the warranty confirmation and extension but it doesn’t show up in my online account under My Watches.
ive had a registration not populate in the "my watches" section twice. The first time i re-registered it which worked, and then a week or two later the same watch showed up as a duplicate for over a year, until i got AP to finally remove the duplicate. The second time it happened i just called AP and got them to register it for me so it wouldn't happen again. I emailed a pic of my warranty book and they took care of it.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2017, 04:23 AM   #32
OP15
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Has anyone recently bought a watch from both the boutique and AD that they’ve tried to register online?

Somehow i see my watch in my online AP profile with the extended warranty info but after registering my boutique watch I see the warranty confirmation and extension but it doesn’t show up in my online account under My Watches.
I purchased my watch at a boutique and it appears under "My Watches." As Tyler said, shoot AP an email and they'll take care of it. The wrong purchase date was showing in my profile and they fixed it.
OP15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2017, 05:20 AM   #33
jumpmandk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
ive had a registration not populate in the "my watches" section twice. The first time i re-registered it which worked, and then a week or two later the same watch showed up as a duplicate for over a year, until i got AP to finally remove the duplicate. The second time it happened i just called AP and got them to register it for me so it wouldn't happen again. I emailed a pic of my warranty book and they took care of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OP15 View Post
I purchased my watch at a boutique and it appears under "My Watches." As Tyler said, shoot AP an email and they'll take care of it. The wrong purchase date was showing in my profile and they fixed it.
Thanks Tyler and OP15 will try that.
jumpmandk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2017, 11:02 PM   #34
ezinhk
"TRF" Member

Thank you for this thread. Just learned after online registration that I have 5 years warranty on my 44 ti (was told 3 years on purchase) and 3 years warranty on my 15400st (was told 2 years on purchase)
ezinhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2017, 12:30 AM   #35
Tomas Eriksson
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15707CE
Quote:
Thanks Tyler and OP15 will try that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezinhk View Post
Thank you for this thread. Just learned after online registration that I have 5 years warranty on my 44 ti (was told 3 years on purchase) and 3 years warranty on my 15400st (was told 2 years on purchase)
I e-mailed regarding the same thing a few months back. After a month they e-mailed back stating they fixed it. However, In my profile it was still still wrong. As the end of warranty is still far away I haven't bothered contacting them again...
Old 14 November 2017, 12:33 AM   #36
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Eriksson View Post
I e-mailed regarding the same thing a few months back. After a month they e-mailed back stating they fixed it. However, In my profile it was still still wrong. As the end of warranty is still far away I haven't bothered contacting them again...
i always call and speak to a real person and then get an actual email address of a person. info@audemarspiguet never works as there is no accountability to a generic email address. It also helps with follow up as a follow up email to a generic address is like starting all over again. Its a hassle in any case, and among several other things, needs to get sorted as its not befitting a brand like AP.

Related to that, there still has been no official communication about the new warranty or press release or anything to my knowledge. I would assume it would be beneficial if they got the word out at launch as it appears its a fairly disorganized roll out. I did a google news search and found nothing, however the AP CEO of SE Asia is planning a trip as a space tourist and had time to talk about that.
Old 14 November 2017, 12:58 AM   #37
Tomas Eriksson
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15707CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
i always call and speak to a real person and then get an actual email address of a person. info@audemarspiguet never works as there is no accountability to a generic email address. It also helps with follow up as a follow up email to a generic address is like starting all over again. Its a hassle in any case, and among several other things, needs to get sorted as its not befitting a brand like AP.

Related to that, there still has been no official communication about the new warranty or press release or anything to my knowledge. I would assume it would be beneficial if they got the word out at launch as it appears its a fairly disorganized roll out. I did a google news search and found nothing, however the AP CEO of SE Asia is planning a trip as a space tourist and had time to talk about that.
Thank you for the tip, next time Im in need of assistance I will do that.

Can't blame him, oing to space is a big thing. Warranty for wristwatches is just a detail and can wait
Old 17 December 2017, 12:20 PM   #38
Sporkmaker
"TRF" Member

Watch: peripherally
Hello everyone, new member here and for my first post I'm hoping some of the experts here can clarify how AP's warranty system works in the event I ever have to use it.

For as long as I can remember I've always dreamed of owning a Royal Oak and I finally decided to take the plunge on a silver dial 15400 even though I really can't afford it - but hey, I'm nine hours in and no buyer's remorse! What a beautiful piece, puts my old Air King to shame! I couldn't swing full retail, not to mention I live in the middle of nowhere and the closest AD is about three hours away, so I went the gray market route. Inside the box was a small "International Sales Warranty" booklet along with a plastic card showing the serial number and warranty number. Nowhere in the booklet is any kind of dealer stamp which I've read about in some of the other threads and of course I don't have an AD sales receipt.

I went to the AP website and entered my name and watch information, all of which seemed to be accepted without issue and the watch now appears registered in my account inventory along with a full five year warranty until 2022.

So my question is this, if the watch needs warranty work during that time will I be able to simply provide the plastic card without an original purchase receipt? I have no idea if the serial number is linked to another original 'buyer' in AP's system, but I guess I can tell them it was a gift, which is technically true since it was a gift from myself.

Thanks!
Sporkmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2017, 09:21 PM   #39
Betta01
"TRF" Member

'I can tell them it was a gift, which is technically true since it was a gift from myself.'
You sure how to twist words to suit your situation..haha..!

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk
Betta01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2017, 09:31 PM   #40
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkmaker View Post
Hello everyone, new member here and for my first post I'm hoping some of the experts here can clarify how AP's warranty system works in the event I ever have to use it.

For as long as I can remember I've always dreamed of owning a Royal Oak and I finally decided to take the plunge on a silver dial 15400 even though I really can't afford it - but hey, I'm nine hours in and no buyer's remorse! What a beautiful piece, puts my old Air King to shame! I couldn't swing full retail, not to mention I live in the middle of nowhere and the closest AD is about three hours away, so I went the gray market route. Inside the box was a small "International Sales Warranty" booklet along with a plastic card showing the serial number and warranty number. Nowhere in the booklet is any kind of dealer stamp which I've read about in some of the other threads and of course I don't have an AD sales receipt.

I went to the AP website and entered my name and watch information, all of which seemed to be accepted without issue and the watch now appears registered in my account inventory along with a full five year warranty until 2022.

So my question is this, if the watch needs warranty work during that time will I be able to simply provide the plastic card without an original purchase receipt? I have no idea if the serial number is linked to another original 'buyer' in AP's system, but I guess I can tell them it was a gift, which is technically true since it was a gift from myself.

Thanks!
I recently had warranty work done. I gave them my watch and they looked it up by serial number and that was it because it was registered they had all the info they needed. I didn't provide anything and I brought the warranty book just in case but it was not necessary. With the card its probably the same and they might not even need to see it, but if they did everything seems fine anyway. The receipt isnt proof of a valid warranty, the card is.
Old 18 December 2017, 04:28 PM   #41
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkmaker View Post

Thanks!

Clarify grey market. Did you buy from a Trusted Seller like DavidSW or Takuya or did you buy from one of the online Grey dealers like Jomashop or Swissluxury.com?

If you bought from a Trusted Seller, your warranty should be no problem and the AP warranty registration portal is probably reflecting accurate information.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 04:27 PM   #42
Sporkmaker
"TRF" Member

Watch: peripherally
In late September I started making inquiries with several online dealers such as Swissluxury, Alan Furman, etc. and none of them were able to locate the particular watch I wanted (15400/silver dial). There were some black dials available but no silver whatsoever from any of them. A couple months went by and finally Prestige Time called me in December to let me know that they had found one, so I grabbed it. They also said that because they were becoming so scarce they were listing them as unavailable on the website. I also noticed recently that Jomashop is still showing them on their site but they have raised the asking price by $2,000 in the last two months.

Having bought it from Prestige Time I assumed that there would be no factory warranty but the info on the plastic card seemed to be accepted on the AP registration site. Are they likely to reject it if I attempt to use the warranty or did I get lucky?
Sporkmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2017, 06:12 PM   #43
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
I think if the AP website accepted it, you should be good.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote