The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 November 2017, 09:57 PM   #31
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I get the save and wait for what you want. Good advice but I will offer that you are 21 and starting a collection , I assume. What are the pieces for a collection that offer options, retain value and will be fun to wear in different situations. Some of this comes down to buying right so any moves you make will result in a slight loss or gain of money. With your budget I might consider a Daytona-C, or both black and white dial. The SD-43 or new Sky-Dweller or revisit the PP 5711 as it is a hot watch and if it can be sourced, TS here, you will not lose much and you may gain. For the money you are going to spend I would look at owning multiple watches or if just one watch I would source a Platinum Daytona. Maybe even the one with the diamonds on the dial. Good luck on your quest.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2017, 11:47 PM   #32
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
(Friendly fun humor)

Wow, the first fast reading through that i saw an F instead of a Cl and then apping.

Guess it all depends on how much you're in love with your watch.
What kind of opera are you going to?

As an aside - that's a capital idea! Who needs fancy schmancy Orbita or Scatola winders when you have a winder available right in your hands?
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 12:19 AM   #33
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
Who needs fancy schmancy Orbita or Scatola winders when you have a winder available right in your hands?
(Phew) Thanks!

For a moment there was not sure the humor might have been a bit, well, over the top.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote