The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 May 2016, 04:38 AM   #61
Z06Chris
"TRF" Member

Got a call from the AD. Originally I was told I'd be 3rd at their store. Yesterday she told me that they submitted my information to Mayor's corporate and that management made a list. She told me I was #76. I asked if it's #76 for ALL Mayor's stores combined and not her location. She confirmed that it is position 76 for ALL mayors stores and that she's still expecting me to get the watch this fall.

It appears Mayor's has 20 or so locations in the southeast. If each were to get a couple in the first shipment, then 76 doesn't seem too bad.

Is this a decent position? Has anyone been on such a list with mayors before??
Z06Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2016, 04:43 AM   #62
Solo118
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06Chris View Post
Got a call from the AD. Originally I was told I'd be 3rd at their store. Yesterday she told me that they submitted my information to Mayor's corporate and that management made a list. She told me I was #76. I asked if it's #76 for ALL Mayor's stores combined and not her location. She confirmed that it is position 76 for ALL mayors stores and that she's still expecting me to get the watch this fall.

It appears Mayor's has 20 or so locations in the southeast. If each were to get a couple in the first shipment, then 76 doesn't seem too bad.

Is this a decent position? Has anyone been on such a list with mayors before??
Not bad at all! I hope you get the call soon.

My question to them would be, how do they distribute to each store? Maybe a certain store will get more 116500's than the others.
Solo118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2016, 04:47 AM   #63
Z06Chris
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo118 View Post
Not bad at all! I hope you get the call soon.

My question to them would be, how do they distribute to each store? Maybe a certain store will get more 116500's than the others.
I hope they send the ones they get in numerical order to the stores that the clients went in and got on the list with. I will ask them tonight.
Old 26 May 2016, 05:02 AM   #64
T. Ferguson
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06Chris View Post
I hope they send the ones they get in numerical order to the stores that the clients went in and got on the list with. I will ask them tonight.
I wouldn't bet on that. I doubt Rolex gives a crap about the wait list various AD's have compiled, and particularly the details on who and when each person was logged on to them. About the only info they probably did have is which VIP's and celebs they wanted to get one to right away.
Old 26 May 2016, 05:05 AM   #65
Z06Chris
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Ferguson View Post
I wouldn't bet on that. I doubt Rolex gives a crap about the wait list various AD's have compiled, and particularly the details on who and when each person was logged on to them. About the only info they probably did have is which VIP's and celebs they wanted to get one to right away.
I meant Mayors sending the watches to their stores based off of their list. It would be the only explanation for having stores submit everything and then making one list. If rolex sends to each store directly then I suppose I'm 3rd at my store either way and the 76 value has no meaning.
Old 26 May 2016, 05:33 AM   #66
Hodog16
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Olive DD40
I know that Rolex has accounts with each AD, and depending on the volume and watches sold, each account has a different level or grade, like A, B, and C for example. "A" stores are ones that do a lot of business and would in this situation get watches sooner than say a C store.

My guess is that for Mayors, each store is an account with their individual grades, and that watches will be sent to corporate initially and then the watches will get distributed appropriately within the company.

I remember when I bought a watch from Reeds back in the day, corporate actually held onto the warranty papers and not the individual store. Once you bought the watch, the info was sent to the store.

I don't know if Mayors does it the same way, but I imagine a store in Atlanta will likely be high volume. Is it the Mayors at Phipps? That's where I bought my 116610LV from back in 2013.
Hodog16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2016, 07:01 AM   #67
kevblah
"TRF" Member

With all of the people on here getting their Daytona's recently, I decided to call up my AD today (I'm supposedly #1 on the list, but we know how that goes).

He tells me that his Rolex rep told him that they're not going to start shipping out until June and that the boutiques will get them first and everyone else should have them by August.

I told him that there's a bunch of dealers that have already gotten their first shipments. He was surprised to hear that and even a little bit curious.

More waiting...lol
kevblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2016, 07:19 AM   #68
GDOG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevblah View Post
With all of the people on here getting their Daytona's recently, I decided to call up my AD today (I'm supposedly #1 on the list, but we know how that goes).

He tells me that his Rolex rep told him that they're not going to start shipping out until June and that the boutiques will get them first and everyone else should have them by August.

I told him that there's a bunch of dealers that have already gotten their first shipments. He was surprised to hear that and even a little bit curious.

More waiting...lol
I stopped in to my AD and got the exact same response. He was surprised about deliveries, and was told Boutiques would get first shipments. He estimates based on past recent conversation with his Rolex rep that he would see watches in June.
GDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2016, 09:21 AM   #69
Eric Chan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day-Date 118238
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post
It's almost comedic just how different the responses are from all of these AD's with concern to the Daytona C's immediate availability, both in terms of the forum's interactions and my experience with 3 Rolex dealers.

The first one I reached out to claimed that it would be somewhat of a wait, but hinted at a relatively quick arrival should I feel the need to pay above MSRP (I don't). I have previously purchased from them before.

The 2nd AD, of which I have bought and sold from and have an excellent reputation, was happy to put me on the list with no deposit and claimed they could only sell at MSRP, so no worries of me paying above retail. Only issue is that I would wait at a minimum a year but definitely not much longer that that...which really isn't an issue for me, as I can save up the necessary funds. Also, I'd have to pick up the watch in their state as they cannot ship it to me (Rolex only?), but what's a $300 plane ticket for a $12000+ watch?

Lastly, as a San Diego resident, I decided to call the Fashion Valley Ben Bridge just to see what their response would be, which was the worst of them all. Apparently since I have never bought from them, I will not have the opportunity to buy the Daytona C from them. They have no list and only prior customers have the privilege (ha!) of purchasing from them.

All in all, an interesting experience to say the least. I think waiting a year for my now go-to AD to receive the watch isn't going to be a problem, and a stroll through the East Coast to pick up the watch will be an added bonus.
Strange responses from AD's.

The one I frequent has a very simple policy as they estimate on receiving one or two SS Daytona's each month. The policy is as follows:

1. Customer goes on a waiting list. 30% deposit. 0 deposit for VIP's.
2. List is compiled on a first come first serve basis.
3. When the watch comes in, customer is contacted and if they don't respond in 7 days, then the next customer in line is called.

In all honesty, I don't know why other AD's make it so difficult.