The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Old 28 October 2017, 04:20 AM   #1
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
Dropped my Visconti Millionaire just now

BUT it came out unscathed! Just a slight burnish mark in the plastic finial that can easily be polished back out. I had it clipped to a dress shirt and it slipped off and fell through my shirt and onto my shoe while I was walking (casual Friday un tucked). Sort of a glancing blow on some soft tile flooring at work. You gotta keep an eye on those Visconti clips every second!
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2017, 04:13 PM   #2
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulansx View Post
BUT it came out unscathed! Just a slight burnish mark in the plastic finial that can easily be polished back out. I had it clipped to a dress shirt and it slipped off and fell through my shirt and onto my shoe while I was walking (casual Friday un tucked). Sort of a glancing blow on some soft tile flooring at work. You gotta keep an eye on those Visconti clips every second!
Love the pens.... HATE the clips!
Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2017, 04:16 PM   #3
tamiya
"TRF" Member

Meh... you're a scandal seeker aren't Ye mr NSX

Pen dropping only newsworthy when it's nib first impacting hard floor
tamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2017, 04:37 PM   #4
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiya View Post
Meh... you're a scandal seeker aren't Ye mr NSX

Pen dropping only newsworthy when it's nib first impacting hard floor

It's new to me. I've only dropped two pens ever! One a Lamy Al-Star that was just me glitching out and this clip failure falling through my shirt. Public service, learn from my stupidity and don't trust that damn spring loaded clip.
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Old 29 October 2017, 05:04 PM   #5
tamiya
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Public service, learn from my stupidity and don't trust that damn spring loaded clip.
Hah! Don't trust those Visconti mushroom ink bottles too, silly things with tiny bases as unstable as a pink flamingo with two broken legs

(well if you must use them... the glass bottles I keep in their leatherette box when uncapping. The plastic ones have even less stabilising mass, they come in plastic display box with unsecured base. I have to flip the clear dome lid, put the bottle inside lid before unscrewing the cap.)
Old 29 October 2017, 05:07 PM   #6
tamiya
"TRF" Member

Visconti bottle, in most stable position...

Old 29 October 2017, 06:52 PM   #7
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiya View Post
Visconti bottle, in most stable position...

Yeah I got a couple of those too. One glass, one plastic. Freak me out when filling! You're on the brink of certain disaster! Part of the reason I'm hesitant to get a traveling ink well. You have to flip how many ML of ink upside down to fill the pen!!??
Old 30 October 2017, 01:57 AM   #8
tamiya
"TRF" Member

Hate the plastic mushroom, gave mine away. Only kept the glass ones for good looks.

Thought the travelling inkwell was a joke I'd just carry a spare pen! Or if you really needed a bottle, plenty of mini bottles to choose from eg mini Iroshizuku is cute, MontBlanc minis good too.
Old 30 October 2017, 05:33 PM   #9
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Visconti know about the clip complaints yet will not change them as they portray the Ponte Vecchio bridge in Florence. It is a part of their heritage. I personally don't think their clip looks anything like that bridge, but all my taste is in my mouth.

The least they could do is figure out a way to make the parts of the clip touching the pocket fabric rougher or add something that will grip when in the pocket. I have thought many times about taking a needle file and roughening up the inside of the clip on one of my less costly Viscontis just to see if it would help, but haven't taken that plunge yet.
Old 30 October 2017, 06:40 PM   #10
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisquitlips View Post
Visconti know about the clip complaints yet will not change them as they portray the Ponte Vecchio bridge in Florence. It is a part of their heritage. I personally don't think their clip looks anything like that bridge, but all my taste is in my mouth.

The least they could do is figure out a way to make the parts of the clip touching the pocket fabric rougher or add something that will grip when in the pocket. I have thought many times about taking a needle file and roughening up the inside of the clip on one of my less costly Viscontis just to see if it would help, but haven't taken that plunge yet.
I agree. I took a look at some pics of the bridge and the clip isn't representative at all honestly. I don't see much arc in that bridge. The clip is completely smooth where the clip is supposed to grip. I would rate all ponte Vecchio clips good for shirt pocket or pants pocket. No fancy movements either! Montegrappa clips are winning this fight. Those angry b@stards tear my pants pockets and won't let go!
Old 31 October 2017, 08:22 AM   #11
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I agree. I took a look at some pics of the bridge and the clip isn't representative at all honestly. I don't see much arc in that bridge. The clip is completely smooth where the clip is supposed to grip. I would rate all ponte Vecchio clips good for shirt pocket or pants pocket. No fancy movements either! Montegrappa clips are winning this fight. Those angry b@stards tear my pants pockets and won't let go!
Well said!