The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 November 2017, 09:15 AM   #1
rexG
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Costcolex

I’ve heard about Costco selling Rolex watches....first time actually seeing one. The attendent told me they just sold another for $39,000...he didn’t know which model.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg F4C4E618-2C34-4E80-B3DD-C94980110197.jpeg (203.0 KB, 2632 views)
116619LB SMURF
rexG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 09:35 AM   #2
JManuel
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1975 Explorer II
Costcolex lol
JManuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 01:14 PM   #3
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD,JC, BLNR, Ex2
My guess is the gold Day Date.
I saw a Datejust in Costco a few weeks ago. They told me the watch is covered by Costco's own warranty. Costco usually has really good protection policy and extra perks. I wonder if their warranty is better than Rolex's.
yxc145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 01:51 PM   #4
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
HAha Costcolex, I like that. With AD's seemingly making it harder to get some watches I can totally get why someone might just buy it there if the one they want is available.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 02:06 PM   #5
rexG
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
That watch retais for $12k I believe. Costco....the new grey market?
116619LB SMURF
rexG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 02:21 PM   #6
ingoodtime
"TRF" Member

I had started a thread a few days ago about a watch I saw in Costco. However, the moderators decided to close it down as people started making jokes about walmart, costco, buying by the dozen etc. Not sure why it was closed as it all seemed to be in good fun but....since a costco thread is open , please give some thought to what you post or it may get closed down again. My question is....I wonder how they are able to get these watches and can Rolex somehow stop them?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_45391-1250x1250.jpg (278.7 KB, 2275 views)

Lee
ingoodtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 02:37 PM   #7
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Having been a Costco member since 1995 I can say for certain I've spent a lot of money there and have very little negative to say about the company and a lot of good things. I really love getting my refund checks each year as well. I'd have no qualms about buying a Rolex through them. I'd rather do that then through any of the Forums TSs from a view point of security and the ability to get my money back if I want.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 02:40 PM   #8
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

The 2% back for executive members and 2% back for using their credit card. Maybe more on the credit card ???

Let's not forget about the 100% life time satisfaction on what they sell. Electronics are I think still 90. Days.
Runnin' Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 02:49 PM   #9
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post
The 2% back for executive members and 2% back for using their credit card. Maybe more on the credit card ???

Let's not forget about the 100% life time satisfaction on what they sell. Electronics are I think still 90. Days.
Actually cash back is based on...(from the Citi site) and yes, 2% for buying a Rolex at Costco.
4%
CASH BACK ON ELIGIBLE
GAS WORLDWIDE
INCLUDING GAS AT COSTCO
for the first $7,000 per year
and then 1% thereafter

3%
CASH BACK ON
RESTAURANT AND
ELIGIBLE TRAVEL
PURCHASES WORLDWIDE

2%
CASH BACK ON ALL
OTHER PURCHASES
FROM COSTCO AND
COSTCO.COM

1%
CASH BACK
ON ALL
OTHER
PURCHASES

Old 18 November 2017, 02:56 PM   #10
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Thank you
Old 18 November 2017, 02:58 PM   #11
Boaters
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV 16710 SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
Having been a Costco member since 1995 I can say for certain I've spent a lot of money there and have very little negative to say about the company and a lot of good things. I really love getting my refund checks each year as well. I'd have no qualms about buying a Rolex through them. I'd rather do that then through any of the Forums TSs from a view point of security and the ability to get my money back if I want.
You got that right Costco would take good care of you. You dont even need a receipt anymore all info under your membership.
Boaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 03:02 PM   #12
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boaters View Post
You got that right Costco would take good care of you. You dont even need a receipt anymore all info under your membership.
Absolutely!!!

Old 18 November 2017, 03:12 PM   #13
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Their Kirkland brand wine is highly acclaimed, at least the Chardonnay was I think I recall. And as most of the wine people know they are the largest wine buyers in the United States. World?

Plus, they just ramped up there wine sales in New York now. From not selling wine to full wine department. I was always impressed with their wine sells staff and some times the have sommelier, at least here at the store I go to
Old 18 November 2017, 03:20 PM   #14
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingoodtime View Post
I had started a thread a few days ago about a watch I saw in Costco. However, the moderators decided to close it down as people started making jokes about walmart, costco, buying by the dozen etc. Not sure why it was closed as it all seemed to be in good fun but....since a costco thread is open , please give some thought to what you post or it may get closed down again. My question is....I wonder how they are able to get these watches and can Rolex somehow stop them?

Rolex tried to sue Costco to stop and lost. Just another gray as far as I am concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 03:22 PM   #15
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post
Their Kirkland brand wine is highly acclaimed, at least the Chardonnay was I think I recall. And as most of the wine people know they are the largest wine buyers in the United States. World?

Plus, they just ramped up there wine sales in New York now. From not selling wine to full wine department. I was always impressed with their wine sells staff and some times the have sommelier, at least here at the store I go to

From what I read somewhere they are lithe largest seller of wine in the world. Have their own vineyards that produce their wine as well.

I believe it as their vodka we go thru pretty quickly is as good or better than Gray Goose. Some say it is Goose, but I think it is actually better.

bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 03:37 PM   #16
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingoodtime View Post
It was likely in part due to my taking offense at the anti Costco jokes and calling someone on it. I suspect they get their watches the same way as the greys on this forum. This is a standard anti-Costco trend of people who for what ever reason have decided they'd rather buy a Rolex out of a TSs home or even the back of a van then at Costco. They seem to feel that Costco hurts the brands image; my guess it they don't use Costco.

Old 18 November 2017, 03:37 PM   #17
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Yes, I remember something about them having vineyard but don't recall anything else. I know they buy a lot of grapes from different vineyards
Old 18 November 2017, 03:38 PM   #18
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdex75 View Post
From what I read somewhere they are lithe largest seller of wine in the world. Have their own vineyards that produce their wine as well.

I believe it as their vodka we go thru pretty quickly is as good or better than Gray Goose. Some say it is Goose, but I think it is actually better.

Your correct largest buyers
Old 18 November 2017, 03:41 PM   #19
Bello_nyc
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Nice!!
♛ Datejust2 116334 💎💎
Bello_nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 08:40 PM   #20
BreezyMan
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEX DJ 1603
Quote:
Rolex tried to sue Costco to stop and lost. Just another gray as far as I am concerned.

Do you have a link to this, I would like to read it. Really does hurt the brand sad day when these companies can get away with anything should have a sign that’s says NOT a authorized dealer of Rolex and No Rolex warranty on quality. These watches are abused in transit and often broken. I know a AD that gets people all the time with new watches they got from them not working. Sad day in America if they did lose the case. Just sad
BreezyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 08:50 PM   #21
Steffe_1992
"TRF" Member

Why not? I am as long as they offer them for a good price
Steffe_1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 10:24 PM   #22
scranger
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTII, DD, Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by JManuel View Post
Costcolex lol
x2
scranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 10:29 PM   #23
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
2 percent doesnt even cover tax. those are gray market watches. id never buy at costco. better prices can be found elsewhere.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 10:45 PM   #24
asiparks
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Detectives
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyMan View Post
Do you have a link to this, I would like to read it. Really does hurt the brand sad day when these companies can get away with anything should have a sign that’s says NOT a authorized dealer of Rolex and No Rolex warranty on quality. These watches are abused in transit and often broken. I know a AD that gets people all the time with new watches they got from them not working. Sad day in America if they did lose the case. Just sad
LOL you just made up that last part about the watches being abused. If that was the case, Costco would simply take it back for a full refund.
asiparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 11:42 PM   #25
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Costco is a fine company, I know many food businesses that use them all the time. The watches used to come with their lifetime return guarantee but I think that changed to 3 months. I have no problem buying from them if it can be worked on under warranty by Rolex like with any TS.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 11:49 PM   #26
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
It was likely in part due to my taking offense at the anti Costco jokes and calling someone on it. I suspect they get their watches the same way as the greys on this forum. This is a standard anti-Costco trend of people who for what ever reason have decided they'd rather buy a Rolex out of a TSs home or even the back of a van then at Costco. They seem to feel that Costco hurts the brands image; my guess it they don't use Costco.
The price on the DJ41 looked pretty good. And you can definitely trust the seller. With their return policy, it seems like a no brainer.

If I had a Costco near me, I'd hit that in a minute.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 11:54 PM   #27
SDRider
Banned

Watch: Rolex 116613LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by yxc145 View Post
My guess is the gold Day Date.
I saw a Datejust in Costco a few weeks ago. They told me the watch is covered by Costco's own warranty. Costco usually has really good protection policy and extra perks. I wonder if their warranty is better than Rolex's.
I tried on a 40mm gold Day Date at an AD and it had a sticker price of $36k. Can’t imagine a grey market watch sold by Costco would cost more... unless it had diamonds on it.
SDRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 12:00 AM   #28
SDRider
Banned

Watch: Rolex 116613LB
Quote:

No, that was Omega that sued Costco over grey market watches and lost.

Quote:
In 2004, Costco acquired roughly 120 Seamaster watches bearing the Globe Design on the “gray market,” from third parties that acquired the watches through Omega’s authorized foreign distributors. Costco later resold those watches in the U.S. for below Omega's suggested retail price. As a result, Omega filed suit against Costco, alleging that Costco's sale infringes its copyright of the Omega logo on the back face of the watch, and further claiming that Costco imported its copyrighted work without its permission. “Omega reasoned that although it authorized the initial sale of the watches, it did not approve the importation of the watches into the U.S. or Costco’s later sale of the watches.
SDRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 12:03 AM   #29
rolex75216
"TRF" Member

Costco is awesome with returns so if you ever decided you did not like it the return process would be a lot smoother and easier than with a local AD. Here's a vote for purchasing from Costco!
Old 19 November 2017, 12:05 AM   #30
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyMan View Post
Nonsense!
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote