The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13 June 2018, 11:56 PM   #1
RvPhoto
"TRF" Member

First Panerai

For fathers day in 2015 I got myself a SubC ND. I absolutely love this watch and wear it almost everyday. I haven't wanted anything else, I was fine being a one watch guy... But A few weeks back, while photographing a wedding. I ran into a guy wearing a AP Offshore, this set something off inside me to want another watch. So I started looking.
I knew I wanted to stay with Rolex(or so I thought), I was drawn the Polar Explorer II, but when I went to the AD to try it on, it didn't "WOW" me in person the way I was hoping it would.
After this the hunt really started for something different. I came up with a Checklist of what I wanted in my second watch: Something 40mm, date function and I wanted something with Arabic numerals.

After reaching out on Instagram to the above gentlemen, he started pushing me towards Panerai. I liked the Idea of Panerai, but I had never seen one in person, and the nearest AD is 3 hours away.

I looked online for days. reading about the history of Panerai and all of their models, but I realized something pretty quick, 40mm wasn't going to happen.

A decision was made to just make the jump and risk the funds and try a 44mm watch. This would get me outside my comfort zone a little. I decided to get a PAM 359, it checked most of the boxes.
I was on this forum every hour looking at the classified section, I lived on every major watch re-sellers sight trying to find the 359 for me.....

Then, Last Friday night, around 2am I came across a website, Watches24seven. While on this site a watch jumped off the screen at me and hit me in the face. The Panerai 74.

After a little research I found out this watch checked every box on my list, 40mm, date and Arabic Numerals and a Beautiful Zenith movement. I had to have it.
So the next morning I gave them a call. Bruce was amazing to deal with. He answered all of my questions and gave me alot of additional information. Funds where transferred and here it is.

Sorry for the long drawn out story, but I absolutely love my new piece, it will not be my only Panerai for sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pam 2.jpg (52.8 KB, 563 views)
File Type: jpg pam 3.jpg (56.4 KB, 556 views)
RvPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote