The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 July 2016, 11:44 AM   #1
Deroya
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
PM From DELO

I received a PM on my watch for sale from a "delo" with zero posts.

"Very interested in your watch. Do you know last date of service and ownership history??? Joe Plrase let me know at jmdelo****@gmail.com (blurred his email for privacy) I am a member on the forum but can't seem to post a reply"

Strange to me he's trying to get to email so quickly, can anybody vouch for this member? Seems awfully fishy to me especially the last part of the message. If he is in fact trying to scam me, please ban him. Thank you

Deroya
Deroya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2016, 11:58 AM   #2
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

Most of my sales actually come from "0 posts" members and many actually make the account only to make the purchase. It is not uncommon for them to prefer email to the message system since most people check email far more frequently than TRF messages.

Of course, this is not an endorsement of the member since I have no history doing business with him, but his message is not suspicious in and of itself. It might be worth it to email him and then see how it proceeds. Nevertheless, for a "0 posts" new member I would stick to bank wire and make sure those funds are in and able to be withdrawn before shipping.
jvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2016, 12:08 PM   #3
Deroya
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmartin View Post
Most of my sales actually come from "0 posts" members and many actually make the account only to make the purchase. It is not uncommon for them to prefer email to the message system since most people check email far more frequently than TRF messages.

Of course, this is not an endorsement of the member since I have no history doing business with him, but his message is not suspicious in and of itself. It might be worth it to email him and then see how it proceeds. Nevertheless, for a "0 posts" new member I would stick to bank wire and make sure those funds are in and able to be withdrawn before shipping.

Thanks, i have also sold to a few "0" post buyers too, but this one just seemed fishy to me
Deroya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2016, 12:31 PM   #4
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Don't sell to those you don't trust is the best solution.

I can't see that profile on Tapatalk - when did he join?

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2016, 05:03 PM   #5
Jacobson
"TRF" Member

If payment is received to a method of your choice and clears then I don't really see any issues with this.

Buying from 0 Post members is where most of the risk is
Jacobson is offline   Reply With Quote