The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 October 2018, 11:37 AM   #1
RXAPPP
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5
Zenith Defy

This one is catching my eye and I’m holding out to see what hits the preowned market but any owners wish to share their thoughts and experiences. I’m looking for another to commemorate 1k post and this could be it
RXAPPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2018, 06:45 AM   #2
Txkill
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
I have the open worked version on bracelet...I love it. It looks great on the wrist, it’s light and comfortable and gets probably the most wrist time out of my other watches. Get it!...I chose it over the GP laureato.
Txkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 12:02 PM   #3
Stargazer735
"TRF" Member

I was extremely close to buying one, but learned they don't have a screw-down crown. :(

I know it may seem silly to some, but it's a dealbreaker for me. At 100m+ WR, I need that.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Stargazer735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2018, 07:35 AM   #4
Txkill
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer735 View Post
I was extremely close to buying one, but learned they don't have a screw-down crown. :(

I know it may seem silly to some, but it's a dealbreaker for me. At 100m+ WR, I need that.

I agree with the screw down crown thing...i think they missed an opportunity of a few more sales, but it didn’t prevent me from buying it though. It’s getting an enormous amount of wrist time because it looks phenomenal and incredibly comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 24 October 2018, 11:38 AM   #5
IGotId
"TRF" Member

I love mine:

IGotId is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2018, 11:44 AM   #6
Moving Chicane
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM233 Dot Dial
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer735 View Post
I'm looking at an "open work" style one too and had no idea it lacks a screw down crown. :( Man o man. Same problem as so many of the Oris watches I once liked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txkill View Post
I agree with the screw down crown thing...i think they missed an opportunity of a few more sales, but it didn’t prevent me from buying it though. It’s getting an enormous amount of wrist time because it looks phenomenal and incredibly comfortable.
Beautiful - Enjoy and Congrats!
41mm Starbucks
Moving Chicane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2018, 12:08 PM   #7
Stargazer735
"TRF" Member

It really is such a nice watch. I absolutely love the style.

I've heard rumors that they're investigating updating it with the screw-down crown. One can only hope!

Stargazer735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2018, 12:15 PM   #8
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Quote:

Did you take a wrist shot while cruising at 53mph?
Old 24 October 2018, 12:22 PM   #9
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona - BLACK
I think that the the new Tag Heuer's, Zenith's Defy line and Hublot - all basically look like each other. JC Biver, did a great job in marking Hublot has a brand (despite what we might think about the watches he built a successful business...no doubt), but he's trying to implement the same recipe of success that he had hublot into tag and zenith. All of the watches literally look heavily and blatantly inspired from each other. The hour markers, the skeletonization, the fusion line and etc......personally it turns me off....and that's why I would not consider this particular collection Zenith as being worthy of any disposable income I would have, even though i do like the aesthetic of this particular defy collection - he did a much better job than Theirry Nataf (who basically ran the brand into the ground). On a different note, I do like the reissue of the heritage models on the tag/autavia - I find that to be quite original.
Old 24 October 2018, 12:41 PM   #10
Txkill
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post
Did you take a wrist shot while cruising at 53mph?

100%

Old 24 October 2018, 12:46 PM   #11
Txkill
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwalker View Post
I think that the the new Tag Heuer's, Zenith's Defy line and Hublot - all basically look like each other. JC Biver, did a great job in marking Hublot has a brand (despite what we might think about the watches he built a successful business...no doubt), but he's trying to implement the same recipe of success that he had hublot into tag and zenith. All of the watches literally look heavily and blatantly inspired from each other. The hour markers, the skeletonization, the fusion line and etc......personally it turns me off....and that's why I would not consider this particular collection Zenith as being worthy of any disposable income I would have, even though i do like the aesthetic of this particular defy collection - he did a much better job than Theirry Nataf (who basically ran the brand into the ground). On a different note, I do like the reissue of the heritage models on the tag/autavia - I find that to be quite original.

I actually thought the same, but the one thing Zenith knocks out of the park versus the hublot and tags is the proportions of the Defy Classic. 41mm and about 11mm thick...vs the much larger size of the others. The open worked of all three definitely share some DNA...but if that doesn’t float your boat the blue dial is pretty stellar.

Old 24 October 2018, 12:47 PM   #12
Txkill
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotId View Post
I love mine:

Wow...beautiful.

Old 24 October 2018, 03:13 PM   #13
Totoro
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega PloProf
I love the looks and specs of the defy classic in blue and titanium. However no dealers have any for me to see in person. I have a small wrist so I'm not sure 41mm would work. If they bring out a 39mm with screw down crown. I'm in.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
Totoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2018, 12:39 PM   #14
IGotId
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wow...beautiful.

IGotId is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2018, 01:46 PM   #15
reeder1
Banned

Watch: 116600 SD
Quote:

Pic taken at 53 mph-in the Alfa- haha! Good o e!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
reeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote