The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 24 October 2018, 03:07 AM   #91
Doc Savage
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theurbancommando View Post
Nobody seems to have mentironed what a disgusting smell it has. TBH I'm surprised how many think it's a good idea. We'll see how it pans out. But I can see folks like me getting angry if my neighbours started stinking the streets out with the foul scummy stuff.It's for wasters
I don't like weed or cigarettes, but weed smoke is far less gross than cig smoke.

-Edward O. Wilson
Doc Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2018, 11:55 AM   #92
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Savage View Post
I don't like weed or cigarettes, but weed smoke is far less gross than cig smoke.
It is, but the smell is still invasive like cigarette's. The US has gotten all pissy about people smoking cigarettes in public, and i think mj should be in the same boat.
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2018, 11:56 AM   #93
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theurbancommando View Post
Nobody seems to have mentironed what a disgusting smell it has. TBH I'm surprised how many think it's a good idea. We'll see how it pans out. But I can see folks like me getting angry if my neighbours started stinking the streets out with the foul scummy stuff.It's for wasters
I tell you in most parts of Colorado Springs is smells like a dead skunk due to the mj shops. It is foul.
Old 24 October 2018, 12:33 PM   #94
Rondineli
Banned

Watch: DJ II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headshrinker View Post
I never see the medical research concerning marijuana and brain chemistry damage any more. I guess we are too focused on making money and keeping dealers out of prison. I shouldn’t even mention the increased negative effect on our children or the increase in car accidents.
^^^ this.

It is a ridiculous decision. A state of mind altering drug should never have been legalized anywhere. I hope this never comes to Texas. Raising kids is tough enough, now imagine your song throwing in your face: this is legal Dad.
Rondineli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2018, 12:38 PM   #95
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post
It is, but the smell is still invasive like cigarette's. The US has gotten all pissy about people smoking cigarettes in public, and i think mj should be in the same boat.
I think eventually attitudes about public cig smoking and weed smoking will align.

-Edward O. Wilson
Old 24 October 2018, 01:23 PM   #96
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Savage View Post
I think eventually attitudes about public cig smoking and weed smoking will align.
I hope so.

I just want to see some kind of benefit from the taxes they are charging.
Old 24 October 2018, 02:27 PM   #97
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
I hope so.

Agree. Is Colorado a way better place now since they have all the tax dollars from the production/sales of weed??? Don’t know. Never been there since.

Was sold that bill of goods in Illinois on the toll road and the lottery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2018, 12:10 AM   #98
austinp
"TRF" Member

Dont like it. Too many slackers already.
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2018, 12:18 AM   #99
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinp View Post
Dont like it. Too many slackers already.
It will be interesting to see if this subsequently results in lower voter turnout due to said slacker increase.

-Edward O. Wilson
Old 25 October 2018, 02:33 AM   #100
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
The problem with demonizing marijuana is it gets grouped in with harder substances that are substantially more dangerous. Once a kid tries marijuana, and many will between high school and college at some point, it seems like wow that was overblown maybe I will try x, y, z.

If anything should be grouped in with hard drugs its alcohol (~88k deaths per year USA) and tobacco (~480k deaths per year USA) but nobody wants to do that because they have lobbyists and a strong footing in our culture due to years of marketing.

I think we should stop lying about marijuana and start telling the truth about alcohol, tobacco and prescription meds. That of course is too tough to do when mom and dad are using alcohol themselves.
Old 25 October 2018, 03:18 AM   #101
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdex75 View Post
Agree. Is Colorado a way better place now since they have all the tax dollars from the production/sales of weed???
Honestly I have seen no benefit of it. Our roads are still in bad shape and our school system still needs money. Those are the two things we were told the mj tax money was going too. The only change I have seen is a our homeless population going up to 300%.
Old 25 October 2018, 01:55 PM   #102
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Honestly I have seen no benefit of it. Our roads are still in bad shape and our school system still needs money. Those are the two things we were told the mj tax money was going too. The only change I have seen is a our homeless population going up to 300%.

Like the toll roads in Illinois were to maintain the roads and the lottery was to find the schools. Until the state sold off both and blew that money too. It amazes me that states continue to find new sources of tax revenue the people that write these bills don’t insure that the money ends up where intended. And that the congresspeople that vote yes aren’t held accountable to make sure the language is in there.

bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2021, 12:28 AM   #103
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Attached Images
File Type: jpg tumblr_f99352ca754022bb2c9176cb2d9c3519_7636e828_1280.jpg (100.0 KB, 83 views)
Old 6 February 2021, 01:38 AM   #104
gabrielnovar
"TRF" Member

not advocating it one way or the other. But i experienced severe hairloss smoking weed. When i stopped it came back thicker and stronger but certainly not 100% like before

be careful if you care about your hair lol
gabrielnovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2021, 03:02 AM   #105
RyanJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondineli View Post
^^^ this.

It is a ridiculous decision. A state of mind altering drug should never have been legalized anywhere. I hope this never comes to Texas. Raising kids is tough enough, now imagine your song throwing in your face: this is legal Dad.
All alcohol should be banned as well.
RyanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2021, 03:06 AM   #106
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJ View Post
All alcohol should be banned as well.
And sex.

And dancing. That's the gateway drug.
Old 6 February 2021, 03:13 AM   #107
eman1200
"TRF" Member

weed is from the earf.

eman1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2021, 03:39 AM   #108
RyanJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
And sex.

And dancing. That's the gateway drug.
Exactly... Ban everything... That will fix it!
Old 6 February 2021, 03:45 AM   #109
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJ View Post
Exactly... Ban everything... That will fix it!
Interestingly every society throughout history has had mind altering drugs of some sort. Often they said it was for a religious experience but we know they were just BSing.

I get my religious experiences at happy hour, our at least I used to back in the preCovid Happy Days.

As has been said, most drugs that were accepted had to do with what came first and that was accepted. New stuff was looked at with a discerning eye and also by who profited.

Racism played a large part also in what was accepted here in the US. It's complicated.
Old 6 February 2021, 04:07 AM   #110
RyanJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Interestingly every society throughout history has had mind altering drugs of some sort. Often they said it was for a religious experience but we know they were just BSing.

I get my religious experiences at happy hour, our at least I used to back in the preCovid Happy Days.

As has been said, most drugs that were accepted had to do with what came first and that was accepted. New stuff was looked at with a discerning eye and also by who profited.

Racism played a large part also in what was accepted here in the US. It's complicated.
I agree with you completely. Money, politics, religion, etc all play a role...
Old 6 February 2021, 04:49 AM   #111
PeqFB
"TRF" Member

Oregon is legalizing all drugs (yes, even heroine) so Canada is relatively conservative
PeqFB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2021, 05:03 AM   #112
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeqFB View Post
Oregon is legalizing all drugs (yes, even heroine) so Canada is relatively conservative
Now they'll never find DB Cooper.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2021, 05:21 AM   #113
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeqFB View Post
That's always part of the debate, and tried in other countries. Does legalizing everything, and treating addiction as a medical issue instead of a criminal one??? Does that work?

One part of the political spectrum believes that criminalizing things discourages usage, but booze prohibition proved that to be wrong headed and had unintended consequences (like the Mafia).

The so called war on drugs was as failure as it appears that drugs won that one.

Non-violent people are in jail longer that murderers.

As some said, if my son says the marijuana is legal why can't I use it, I guess falls under the same umbrella of education. Something legal doesn't mean an endorsement. Cigarettes are legal.

It's complicated. Look at all the crime around illegal substances. It's probably most of the crime we have. If it was legalized and regulated like booze, would we have the same crime??? Not sure.

But I think the bottom line is, what we are doing now is hypocritical AND it's not working. And we have to remember there is always going to be a certain percentage of our society for various reasons that will be addicts, welfare cases, etc etc. I'm guessing 5% of our population or ANY population will always fall through the cracks and be a societal issue.

The problem is the war on drugs has done untold damage to society. From massive incarceration to billions spent on enforcement that just does not work.
Old 6 February 2021, 05:37 AM   #114
golftime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I hope so.

I don't live in Colorado however from what I have read, being early in the game hurt Colorado because it attracted a large group of users who unfortunately placed a significant burden on the infrastructure, i.e. unemployment, medical system and social services.

This is not to infer all MJ users fall in this category, but apparently it did apply to a significant number of people who moved to Colorado for that reason.
golftime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2021, 05:48 AM   #115
RJG
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
The weed shops in Seattle are everywhere.
Some streets its on every other corner.
Because people hate being sober anymore.
They want constant access to marijuana, beer, liquor. At. All. Times.

The guy on the corner though - is still selling his at half price - when compared to the shops.

So I realize reality must be just wayyy beyond boring for them.
So, I get it... enjoy your entertainment. I'm not necessarily for it, but I don't think it's worth jail time either.

I've never seen a stoner get just raving pissed off.
Weed - I don't think - makes anybody angry, or pick a fight like alcohol does.
Alcohol turns some people into a totally different personality.
It's amazing in that respect.
RJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2021, 06:17 AM   #116
turkeysub93
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This is fantastic.
turkeysub93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2021, 06:21 AM   #117
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
That's always part of the debate, and tried in other countries. Does legalizing everything, and treating addiction as a medical issue instead of a criminal one??? Does that work?

One part of the political spectrum believes that criminalizing things discourages usage, but booze prohibition proved that to be wrong headed and had unintended consequences (like the Mafia).

The so called war on drugs was as failure as it appears that drugs won that one.

Non-violent people are in jail longer that murderers.

As some said, if my son says the marijuana is legal why can't I use it, I guess falls under the same umbrella of education. Something legal doesn't mean an endorsement. Cigarettes are legal.

It's complicated. Look at all the crime around illegal substances. It's probably most of the crime we have. If it was legalized and regulated like booze, would we have the same crime??? Not sure.

But I think the bottom line is, what we are doing now is hypocritical AND it's not working. And we have to remember there is always going to be a certain percentage of our society for various reasons that will be addicts, welfare cases, etc etc. I'm guessing 5% of our population or ANY population will always fall through the cracks and be a societal issue.

The problem is the war on drugs has done untold damage to society. From massive incarceration to billions spent on enforcement that just does not work.
Have to agree. My wife works in the Social Work “industry”. There always will be people who fall through the cracks for a wide variety of reasons.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote