The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 October 2018, 01:46 AM   #1
mrblue
"TRF" Member

Too Much Infornation

Initially when joining this forum I was under the impression that fake watches would not be discussed as the information could be used to create better counterfeits. That no longer seems to be the case. I think that Rolex with it's resources should be the sole entity enforcing it's trademarks and copyrights and not a group of random watch enthusiasts on the internet. Let Rolex take eBay to task if they want. Lately their seems to be a lack of voncensus of what is in fact fake. This should be left to the experts at Rolex.
mrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 01:52 AM   #2
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
There are many experienced folks that can see a fake a mile away.
What’s the harm in their reporting it in a forum dedicated to that and having it removed from eBay?
Why would that so bothersome to you?
Old 23 October 2018, 02:37 AM   #3
rb250
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor, Seiko
Are you selling fake watches or something....
rb250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 02:39 AM   #4
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
Many of the very nice people here do not want to see ebayer's get ripped off due to a potential buyer's own lack of knowledge about watches.

Some of the fakes can be really well done.

How would you like it if you got ripped off, but someone could have spoken up to have a fake watch removed from the listing before you wasted a lot of money?

I spotted and reported a fake Datejust just the other day. The bids were up to $1025 with 54 bids.

Other members also chipped in to report this item to ebay managers. Keep in mind that members here are going out of their way to help others!

It was a very good feeling to get the listing canceled. No one got ripped off.

That's why we do it.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 02:56 AM   #5
mrblue
"TRF" Member

You missed my point. Helping is all well and good. Aren't you helping counterfeiters by providing information. How do you know these people aren't posting fakes to get input.
Old 23 October 2018, 02:59 AM   #6
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblue View Post
Initially when joining this forum I was under the impression that fake watches would not be discussed as the information could be used to create better counterfeits. That no longer seems to be the case. I think that Rolex with it's resources should be the sole entity enforcing it's trademarks and copyrights and not a group of random watch enthusiasts on the internet. Let Rolex take eBay to task if they want. Lately their seems to be a lack of voncensus of what is in fact fake. This should be left to the experts at Rolex.
Since EBAY allows people to report items that are listed on the site, perhaps you should be directing your comments to EBAY.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 03:32 AM   #7
DaytonaSubmariner
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Quote:
You missed my point. Helping is all well and good. Aren't you helping counterfeiters by providing information. How do you know these people aren't posting fakes to get input.
This make no sense at all.

Rolex doesn't have the time or man power to police everything that is posted.
I don't see the harm in asking other experts (and they are experts) for quick advise regarding a watch in question.

The counterfeiters already know what doesn't look right vs. a gen watch. They are getting better and better all the time, but we're not "helping" them make better counterfeits.
DaytonaSubmariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 04:17 AM   #8
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Believe this -- the counterfeiters need no advice in doing what they do.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
Old 23 October 2018, 05:44 AM   #9
User_Error
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214270Explorer View Post
Believe this -- the counterfeiters need no advice in doing what they do.
Finally. Nice to finally see someone else here understands this. Too many people here think their opinions are like gold. Rep makers have never cared what anyone here, or any gen watch forum, thinks of their products and they never will.
User_Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 06:01 AM   #10
mrblue
"TRF" Member

Fake Rolex watches are everywhere. I believe Rolex should do something about it. It's their copyrights and trademarks being violated. Just because I own a Rolex doesn't make me responsible to protect their products. Same with any item. I'm sure they have plenty of money to throw at the problem if they do desire. Maybe they don't care.
Old 26 October 2018, 06:33 PM   #11
hnn17
"TRF" Member

We're not protecting Rolex or their watches. We just really hate scummy scammers and want to ruin their day.
Imagine the frustration a scammer feels when their listing get deleted, oh yeah and helping some naive first time watch buyer save their hard earned cash is a good side effect too.
hnn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2018, 06:40 PM   #12
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Infornation.

Quote:
Infornation AND voncensus?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2018, 07:46 PM   #13
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

17 out of 18 of your posts in the last month are in the watch out section. If there was no discussion what would you do
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2018, 09:47 PM   #14
mrblue
"TRF" Member

Now 18 out of 19 but who's counting? Apparently you. Your point?
Old 26 October 2018, 09:54 PM   #15
herts9
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
You must be new to the internet. Everybody with a keyboard has a badge.
herts9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2018, 10:03 PM   #16
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I am glad that people speak up when they see something that does not appear right. Rolex will not lose on an Ebay sale but some poor consumer will. I am always willing to hear about anything that I am going to possibly buy being right or wrong.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2018, 11:26 PM   #17
City74
Banned

Watch: Speedy Reduced
Maybe you should email Rolex instead of making a post on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
City74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2018, 12:04 AM   #18
andy2518
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665 GW mk1
People helping each other see things that they may have overlooked when looking to purchasing an expensive watch is a great is a win for everyone except the scammers
andy2518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2018, 04:15 AM   #19
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by City74 View Post
Maybe you should email Rolex instead of making a post on here

This post makes me wish we had a LIKE button.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
Old 23 November 2018, 01:52 AM   #20
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
Quote:
The eBay fake sellers are hoping to sell a replica
as a real genuine timepiece in order to profit .
It’s quite simple . They know it’s fake.
I contacted one asking him to take down his
fake/replica gmt and his response ?

F*** Off !!!

Very nicely put...

It’s not a matter of helping tell how original to
the genuine timepiece it is , it’s a fake and
they know it most of the time ...
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2018, 03:09 AM   #21
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
If you have the time to flag fakes, go for it.

I used to, almost religiously (mostly because of a well known auction site being of little help to me or my $5k Folex seller fraud/purchase some years ago, and also another $3.5k on buyer fraud) until I realized that if they don’t seem to care about allowing ‘0’ history members from posting fake Rolexeses with no copy, ambiguous shipping info and stock photos at 1/10th the retail, who am I to say I know better than them? And, there’s more insurance for buyers now, too. My personal experience was with a well-known seller with many sales, but fraud isn’t always obvious, even for a non-freshman buyer.

But I think the bigger picture is that most of the unknowing buyers of fakes are also members of forums and such, and they use us as a reference. Every bit helps here.

I’m the last person, now, who wants to subsidize a multi $b company’s fraud detection department, and a multi $b watchmaker’s trademark protection dept, but that’s me. They have the money and tools to stop this. I have my theories as to why they don’t, but that’s me.

Just be safe when buying online.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2018, 04:48 AM   #22
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
17 out of 18 of your posts in the last month are in the watch out section. If there was no discussion what would you do
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2018, 09:01 PM   #23
Travelair007
"TRF" Member

mrblue, if I saw you getting mugged on the streets, I would step in and I don’t even know you. I would never say leave it to Cops...

i get your point but I have to disagree. I was very much of the same opinion but after some trips to Asia and some education on counterfeits, I now realize and recognize that the counterfeit factories are even bigger than the original manufacturers. They have to be since they are “machine” producing these watches in mass quantities. They don’t need our help. They know the gaps and cannot close some of them due to technical limitations. But that’s changing every day...

I believe the idea is not to allow a devious seller to take advantage of a buyer... however we go about it, that’s left up to the individual.
Travelair007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2018, 12:46 AM   #24
6seirralima
"TRF" Member

I am relatively new to Rolex watches and this forum. I like to read the posts in this forum to educate myself as to the characteristics of authentic and fake watches. I am a novice to say the least but it's fun to look at the photos and read on to see if I was right or not. I can spot a few (more obvious ones) now.
6seirralima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2018, 02:21 AM   #25
mrblue
"TRF" Member

I guess I was under the impression that there was a rule against discussing fakes on these forums. I stand corrected.
Old 24 November 2018, 03:42 AM   #26
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
I guess I was under the impression that there was a rule against discussing fakes on these forums. I stand corrected.
There is.

See Rule #6

Quote:
Any casual allegation that a watch is a 'fake' should be justified otherwise the post may be removed. This should be achieved whilst not going into too much detail, good luck with that :)
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=23163

The discussion on this sub forum begins and ends with a confirmation. No one here is discussing where to buy, how to make, prices, brands . . .
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2018, 05:04 AM   #27
mrblue
"TRF" Member

Posting a link to an eBay listing does just what "no one here does". To be clear I get it. People want to talk about fakes and do so under the guise of helping. That's fine but these are discussions of fakes which appear to violate the rules. The discussions here just are not for me. I am a Rolex fan who does not believe it is my job to protect their brand or suck up to their salesmen just to buy their products.