The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 May 2015, 02:36 PM   #151
jaysn0w
"TRF" Member

hi there,

noob here, i was curious and i just noticed right now that my wifes YM (29MM)ref # 78730 doesnt have a rubberseal... is this normal? being a TWINLOCK ?bec we just had it serviced at a rolex center and im afraid they might have interchanged it with another?

or is this normal?

also i assume twinlock doesnt have the 3 dots in the crown normally found in a mens YM?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1.jpg (64.4 KB, 1459 views)
File Type: jpg image (2).jpg (54.0 KB, 1466 views)
jaysn0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2015, 09:43 PM   #152
maggypee
"TRF" Member

mens model 40mm has triplock and meduim 35mm or Lady 29mm only twinlock ;-)
maggypee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2015, 01:59 PM   #153
jaysn0w
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggypee View Post
thanks for the reply....

bit unfair for the ladies...feels like the YM for ladies n mid is half baked...

hehehe
jaysn0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2015, 04:30 AM   #154
dottore
"TRF" Member

dottore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2015, 09:42 AM   #155
mike roger
"TRF" Member

Rolex Yachtmaster Gold

Hi
Does anyone know if the gold yacht master band suffers from same issue like stretch on the presidents, if they are produced from 1992 ? onwards , would they have corrected that issue since then .
Appreciate any feedback
mike roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2015, 05:52 PM   #156
pacific17
"TRF" Member

Watch: G-Shock DW003
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggypee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysn0w View Post
thanks for the reply....

bit unfair for the ladies...feels like the YM for ladies n mid is half baked...

hehehe
yup, i think they should have put a triplock as well for that sports watch feel but the depth rating is just 100m just like the non sport models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike roger View Post
Hi
Does anyone know if the gold yacht master band suffers from same issue like stretch on the presidents, if they are produced from 1992 ? onwards , would they have corrected that issue since then .
Appreciate any feedback
I do think they would still suffer from stretching. I mean, normal wear and tear.
Old 8 September 2015, 07:20 AM   #157
mitchellb2005
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16622
Do all YM's have red "YACHTMASTER" on the dial, or are some in black like the rest of the script?
mitchellb2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2015, 12:28 AM   #158
JJL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680 Red & 16622
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellb2005 View Post
Do all YM's have red "YACHTMASTER" on the dial, or are some in black like the rest of the script?
Come to think of it I think all of them might be in red. Trying to think back to some of the two-tone options and I think they might have been written in red as well. Not 100% though.
JJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2015, 07:13 AM   #159
chambchan
"TRF" Member

When will this change??? It has been 3+ years and still the two-tone YM bracelet has hollow gold links... It makes the watch feel lightweight and not substantial. Any news on when Rolex will upgrade to solid gold links for the 35MM (midsize) TT YM?
chambchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2016, 04:10 PM   #160
Boopie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
From the looks of the Rolex website, the ladies' size 29 mm is gone. That is too bad.
Boopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2016, 06:56 PM   #161
somebrains
"TRF" Member

Is the 35mm considered a ladies size now?
somebrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2016, 09:57 AM   #162
cpa4s
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellb2005 View Post
they seem to on the site I see, but of course those are all new.

it really gets pulled out by the red second hand on some of the versions. my AD says they are swapping out the ss dial for a white dial on a TT and looking at the pic's of all these I am going to push for a red second hand swap out as well. I think it would look pretty good with the white, black and gold.

we will see if they are just trading inventory product or really changing the watch build.
cpa4s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2016, 06:03 AM   #163
FabioPascua
"TRF" Member

I believe lug size on the 35 YM is 17 mm.
FabioPascua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2016, 12:48 AM   #164
JustinatKasper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16622 Platinum
Yacht master 16622 Platinum

What is a good value for one in mint condition?

With an auction company and we came across one and have starting bid at $5,500.....think it will get some attention?

Thanks!!!

https://kasperauctiongallery.hibid.c...x&ref=lot-list
JustinatKasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2016, 03:21 AM   #165
Pipo6007
"TRF" Member

Does anyone know if the 18kt Yacht master changed anything in regards to the gold since it came out? I was at an AD in the Bahamas and the rep mentioned that the newer ones are now solid gold and the previous models weren't completely solid gold. Not sure if he was talking about the movement or the case and band.
Pipo6007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2016, 12:05 PM   #166
jaisonline
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5 digit models
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipo6007 View Post
Does anyone know if the 18kt Yacht master changed anything in regards to the gold since it came out? I was at an AD in the Bahamas and the rep mentioned that the newer ones are now solid gold and the previous models weren't completely solid gold. Not sure if he was talking about the movement or the case and band.
The bracelet. I know the 1st gen YMs didn't have hollow center links. Same as earlier SMs.

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=40684
https://beckertime.com/blog/rolex-oy...or-solid-link/
jaisonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2016, 02:17 AM   #167
Pipo6007
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisonline View Post
The bracelet. I know the 1st gen YMs didn't have hollow center links. Same as earlier SMs.

So what year was the change 2000? Thought it would have been more recent for him to bring it up 16 years later?
Old 27 April 2016, 08:04 AM   #168
pacific17
"TRF" Member

Watch: G-Shock DW003
I just recently got a 16623 M serial, and it was still hollow.
Old 27 April 2016, 10:00 PM   #169
jaisonline
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5 digit models
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisonline View Post

Sorry typo. I"m a mod on another forum and can't edit my post here like on there. Should have read,..
I know the 1st gen YMs DID HAVE hollow center links. Same as earlier SMs.
Wasn't the 168623 the first model to have solid middle links? Links in the 68623 were hollow.
jaisonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2016, 11:15 PM   #170
Pipo6007
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific17 View Post
I just recently got a 16623 M serial, and it was still hollow.
Yes I believe the two tones are still hollow. My brother bought a brand new one over the weekend. I'm questioning the all gold yachtmaster.
Old 5 May 2016, 09:43 PM   #171
Yachtmaster00
"TRF" Member

Hi everyone
My wife has unfortunately lost the gold rotating bezel from her Yachtmaster Rolex 35mm. I never take my watch off ( oyster submariner ) and am much harsher than she is. Have you ever heard of the bezel falling off?
That said - I now need to get it repaired. Our local watch repairer who does all our servicing etc said he would fit the replacement bezel if we are able to find it for him. Can anyone advise the best way to order the full bezel components for the 35mm Yachtmaster gold watch. Gold platenum band. Silver face etc
Cheers
Charles
Yachtmaster00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2017, 02:18 AM   #172
Watches&Horology
"TRF" Member

This is a great review and beautiful pictures. At first I wasn't a fan of the YM 16622. Now it's some of my daily watches. I wear it more than my sub in the summer. Thanks again for the pics and breakdown.
Watches&Horology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2017, 02:21 AM   #173
Watches&Horology
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachtmaster00 View Post
Hi everyone
My wife has unfortunately lost the gold rotating bezel from her Yachtmaster Rolex 35mm. I never take my watch off ( oyster submariner ) and am much harsher than she is. Have you ever heard of the bezel falling off?
That said - I now need to get it repaired. Our local watch repairer who does all our servicing etc said he would fit the replacement bezel if we are able to find it for him. Can anyone advise the best way to order the full bezel components for the 35mm Yachtmaster gold watch. Gold platenum band. Silver face etc
Cheers
Charles
I'm new to the forum here but I believe only eBay and private party is the way to buy parts these days. You can leave it with an AD and have them sort it out. Will likely take some time and money however. Rolex is trying to move part sales and work in house, as I'm sure everyone here is aware of.
Watches&Horology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2017, 12:17 AM   #174
Oceanlover914
"TRF" Member

Watch: None at the moment
So I recently purchased the RG 40mm Yacht Master and have had major buyers remorse. Not just because it is a $24K watch, but I have always been a Sub or SD4K fan. Always had stainless watches and lusted after the submariner style since I was 16 (am now 52). But for some reason the rose gold and the rubber strap called to me. Now I am feeling like I have a watch that is not as durable as the sub and not one I could wear comfortably to the pool or beach. I have contemplated selling it; however, the most I have been offered is arounf $15K, major bath. What do all of you think??? I also own a SD4K and am thinking about the new SD43. Thanks!!
Oceanlover914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2017, 11:54 PM   #175
VicLeChic
Banned

Watch: YM 116622 - SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanlover914 View Post
So I recently purchased the RG 40mm Yacht Master and have had major buyers remorse. Not just because it is a $24K watch, but I have always been a Sub or SD4K fan. Always had stainless watches and lusted after the submariner style since I was 16 (am now 52). But for some reason the rose gold and the rubber strap called to me. Now I am feeling like I have a watch that is not as durable as the sub and not one I could wear comfortably to the pool or beach. I have contemplated selling it; however, the most I have been offered is arounf $15K, major bath. What do all of you think??? I also own a SD4K and am thinking about the new SD43. Thanks!!
If you can't see yourself wearing it ever again, then I guess you have no choice but to flip it. You might be better off part-exchanging it for another piece you like better instead of selling and buying.
VicLeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2017, 05:11 AM   #176
Oceanlover914
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicLeChic View Post
If you can't see yourself wearing it ever again, then I guess you have no choice but to flip it. You might be better off part-exchanging it for another piece you like better instead of selling and buying.
Oh it's not that I don't see myself wearing it because I do. It's just that I am wondering how durable the Yacht Master is compared to the others. Especially since it is PM and not as water proof.
Old 4 August 2017, 05:19 AM   #177
VicLeChic
Banned

Watch: YM 116622 - SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanlover914 View Post
Oh it's not that I don't see myself wearing it because I do. It's just that I am wondering how durable the Yacht Master is compared to the others. Especially since it is PM and not as water proof.
I see, I haven't owned a PM watch (my YM plat dial is mostly SS) but I've heard people complaining about how softer gold is compared to SS. My feeling is it will mainly depend on how you treat your watch. I don't think you'll have any durability problem if you handle it like a PM dress watch, even though it's a sports watch.
VicLeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2017, 05:30 AM   #178
Oceanlover914
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicLeChic View Post
I see, I haven't owned a PM watch (my YM plat dial is mostly SS) but I've heard people complaining about how softer gold is compared to SS. My feeling is it will mainly depend on how you treat your watch. I don't think you'll have any durability problem if you handle it like a PM dress watch, even though it's a sports watch.
That's kind of my issue. I buy a watch to wear and enjoy. Be it every day or whatever. I want to wear it to the pool, the beach or wherever I go. The watch seems solid enough and being gold it can be buffed much easier. Just wondering if the RG YM can stand up to every day life not just a few nights out. Figure the experts on here would know :). Trying not to have regrets about buying it.
Old 4 August 2017, 07:23 AM   #179
Flyingskipper
"TRF" Member

I've just put a deposit down for the 116622 in blue at £7100 new.
I just fell in love with contrast of the platinum and blue dial.
Sorry for poor photo / lighting.
Flyingskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2018, 12:21 PM   #180
50Fathoms
"TRF" Member

Thank you for the info and history. This is my favorite line of Rolex. Had a 16622 and have a 116622 Dark Rhodium. I’m trying to find or restore a good 16623. I like my subs but normally wear my BPFF (obviously hence name) but the Yachtmaster I really like for the office and just running around.
50Fathoms is offline   Reply With Quote