The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 19 February 2018, 07:42 AM   #4231
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

I am sure everyone already knew this, but RM is now inviting people to the factory!

“Fake news”
Old 19 February 2018, 07:44 AM   #4232
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
Wow, just wow!!!
Plenty of drama on the RM board ...
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2018, 07:51 AM   #4233
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarmar View Post
Wow, just wow!!!
Plenty of drama on the RM board ...
drama in 6 month intervals.... see you again in August.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2018, 07:54 AM   #4234
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
About right. See you Aug-Sept., in the mean time I've added two to my ignore list so it cleans up a lot of space in this thread for me

You guys in the PP thread seem to have plenty going on...well in between 5167 and 5711 talk
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2018, 07:55 AM   #4235
superstarmar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post

I think there’s drama on every board if you’re looking
for it ...

Maybe some have had too much and need a break ...
Old 19 February 2018, 08:06 AM   #4236
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

It’s really frustrating to bring conversation to a public forum only to be rudely told how wrong you are.

The point of a forum is to exchange information, news, suggestions, and ideas. It’s not for arguing or proving points. I’m really sorry some here didn’t like what i had to say, but it’s the unfortunate fact. Hopefully, once it impacts them, they will have the wherewithal to apologize.

RM is encouraging the sale of their watches for whatever they can get. Most boutiques are refunding upfront payments or not taking them at all.

For the record- I have had no issue getting the watches I want to own and I am not sure where anything otherwise was inferred.

I hope all members get the pieces they want and Godspeed navigating this troublesome world of greed.
Old 19 February 2018, 08:09 AM   #4237
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
Just walk away John. If that is their policy they don’t deserve your hard earned dollars.
At this point, I agree.
Old 19 February 2018, 08:10 AM   #4238
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschmidtdmd View Post
It’s really frustrating to bring conversation to a public forum only to be rudely told how wrong you are.

The point of a forum is to exchange information, news, suggestions, and ideas. It’s not for arguing or proving points. I’m really sorry some here didn’t like what i had to say, but it’s the unfortunate fact. Hopefully, once it impacts them, they will have the wherewithal to apologize.

RM is encouraging the sale of their watches for whatever they can get. Most boutiques are refunding upfront payments or not taking them at all.

For the record- I have had no issue getting the watches I want to own and I am not sure where anything otherwise was inferred.

I hope all members get the pieces they want and Godspeed navigating this troublesome world of greed.

I agree. Consolidating information and experiences which objectively vary from location to location and person to person helps put pieces together to see a fuller picture of what is going on. I enjoy all the info here as there is no way i could put everything together myself. One day hopefully I'll have a RM, in the meantime its still helpful to know whats happening.

One data point one way or the other isnt a trend, but unless people share then we won't know the second or third or fourth data point in whatever direction.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2018, 08:16 AM   #4239
texex91
"TRF" Member

Someone had asked many months ago for the official RM price list.

Here is the RM published pricing used by all US Boutiques and what they sell their new watches for at US Boutiques--otherwise there is no need for a price list. This one is dated Jan 2018.

Someone please feel free to call a US RM Boutique and ask them if they sell over the prices on this list. It's a simple question. Now all of the other games they play with allocations, etc, etc...it's pretty stupid. But pricing is pretty straight forward.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RM price list 2018.JPG (286.3 KB, 776 views)
Old 19 February 2018, 08:21 AM   #4240
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

This is a "suggested price".
Old 19 February 2018, 08:57 AM   #4241
superstarmar
Banned

Quote:
This is a "suggested price".
Is this John Denver resurrected ?
Old 19 February 2018, 09:39 AM   #4242
texex91
"TRF" Member

Alright, this thread has been so lame for the past 6 months...but glad I could get more posts in one day than it's had in probably 3 months.

It's a shame to see it limping along without any real substance.

I'll pop in when I want--but count on August.

Take care and remember Boutiques do not sell at over list pricing...for those buying vs sitting on the side line making noise.

For those crying, sell your RM's and buy another brand--will be best for you. RM will not miss you I have a feeling.
Old 19 February 2018, 09:48 AM   #4243
superstarmar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
Alright, this thread has been so lame for the past 6 months...but glad I could get more posts in one day than it's had in 2 months.

I'll pop in when I want--but let's see if I can make it to August.

Take care and remember Boutiques do not sell at over list pricing...for those actually buying vs sitting on the side line.
What a Shame Paul...
I never knew of RM until I came across this thread,
your posts and incomings ... I may never own a RM
but I’ve learned to truly appreciate the brand...
Take care my friend and hope to see you sooner than later ...
Old 19 February 2018, 10:10 AM   #4244
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Paul. Post your 11-03 blue next month or go away. You’re lying about your collection and about the brand. If you can’t do that, there’s no reason for anyone to believe you on anything. And you can’t and won’t. Best of luck flipping your 11-03 ti to my friends again though!
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2018, 11:38 AM   #4245
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
I am really hesitant to get the 035-01, tried it in Istanbul for a private watch event, really liked it, either that or the 055 all grey, which I never saw in real but it looks awesome in pics. Can someone who saw both tell me which one they preferred and why? I understand that the 035 will surely hold value better than the 055, but it’s not really an issue for me.
Can’t seem to find the dimensions for both models on the net, anyone know what they are? The 035 has perfect dimensions for me, wanted to know the dimensions of both to have a better idea if the 055 is good for me or not, especially on the thickness, will be grateful if anyone knows.

About the 055 all grey it is not 100% titanium but titanium and carbon mix, with a resistance of 1,45 vickers, which as far as I know makes it virtually scratch proof, if I remember correctly my ce AP diver has a vickers of 1.2, so it’s always possible to scratch but near impossible...

Which one do you guys prefer, 035-01 (not 035-02) and all grey 055? Thanks for your time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 50224C8A-D294-468A-A51A-8178944B9AA5.jpeg (49.3 KB, 764 views)
File Type: jpeg 0AE1EC54-530C-4C81-8B7F-716EEE2932D6.jpeg (69.2 KB, 770 views)
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2018, 11:56 AM   #4246
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
I am really hesitant to get the 035-01, tried it in Istanbul for a private watch event, really liked it, either that or the 055 all grey, which I never saw in real but it looks awesome in pics. Can someone who saw both tell me which one they preferred and why? I understand that the 035 will surely hold value better than the 055, but it’s not really an issue for me.
Can’t seem to find the dimensions for both models on the net, anyone know what they are? The 035 has perfect dimensions for me, wanted to know the dimensions of both to have a better idea if the 055 is good for me or not, especially on the thickness, will be grateful if anyone knows.

Also which one do you guys prefer, 035-01 (not 035-02) and all grey 055? Thanks for your time.
Get the 035-01 Lapince. It's a much better piece to me and one I wish I did not sell and may add back in the future. Owned the 35-01 and 35-02, but manual wind is a fun thing indeed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2142_zps460cwyze.jpg (178.1 KB, 767 views)
Old 19 February 2018, 12:05 PM   #4247
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Lapince, my friend, some of 55s are very cool too. Not sure how hairless your wrist is, but the black and rust gold one is very nice as is the baby blue. Have you seen those? The grey is cool, but it’s more a 5th Mille than an only piece.
Old 19 February 2018, 12:58 PM   #4248
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Get the 035-01 Lapince. It's a much better piece to me and one I wish I did not sell and may add back in the future. Owned the 35-01 and 35-02, but manual wind is a fun thing indeed.
If I do get a 035 it will clearly be the 01, not sure if the 02 is thicker but I really enjoy manual watches, the only one I have is the KV, the others are auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490 View Post
Lapince, my friend, some of 55s are very cool too. Not sure how hairless your wrist is, but the black and rust gold one is very nice as is the baby blue. Have you seen those? The grey is cool, but it’s more a 5th Mille than an only piece.
Luckily my wrists are at 99% hairless, always find it awful when guys with very hairy wrists have fully transparent watches, no offense to those here who might be in this case.
I really like the black 055 and the all grey, I prefer the all grey, maybe because I have the black AP ce diver, the 035-01is also black but it’s very differerent as it has grey/silver accents depending on light and angle.
Must say I liked them on pics but really loved the 035-01 when it was on my wrist, perfect dimensions, at the same time I saw the 011-03 NTPT of Archer, and while being an awesome watch, I must say the dimensions of the 035 felt much better and appopriate for me, but amazing watch for sure.
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2018, 01:18 PM   #4249
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
I enjoyed my time with them at SIHH and they were very nice to me but they did acknowledge that allocation is very challenging on the 11/35 and 55 but other models relatively easy. Interesting that the prices on the round case models have barely moved in recent years. Sadly they couldn’t get me a blue 11-03 but I get calls from time to time on interesting pieces which are available. The most recent was the 11-02 Le Mans and the 61 All Grey about a month ago although I didn’t take either. Before that I was shown the 39 pilot tourbillon but passed as it was too high a price from the boutique. I am happy to make decisions as and when pieces arrive but do not place orders or place deposits so reduce my chances accordingly. As prices seem to be the inflammatory element on this thread I have no comment to make there.
Old 19 February 2018, 01:59 PM   #4250
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Interesting ( and fiery ) discussion. The in-demand watch brands ( and not just RM ) are doing a very good job getting buyers clamoring for their goods, mostly by limiting supply. Watch collecting should be enjoyable and not this stressful. That's all I have to say.
Old 19 February 2018, 02:05 PM   #4251
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
Interesting ( and fiery ) discussion. The in-demand watch brands ( and not just RM ) are doing a very good job getting buyers clamoring for their goods, mostly by limiting supply. Watch collecting should be enjoyable and not this stressful. That's all I have to say.
Totally agree Ben. Enjoyment reduced a lot hence much lower volume of incomings from me. Kicking the habit gradually! Also TRF not as interesting as it was on the non Rolex forums.
Old 19 February 2018, 08:25 PM   #4252
edo
"TRF" Member

RM is lately making a lot of limited +1 million $ pieces these days...custom pieces, 1/1, limited to 10...

They made 1/1 white gold/diamond and red gold/diamond Erotic tourbillon that I posted yesterday but mods deleted it due to message on the watch

They bring back the skull tourb with white, blue and red quartz America limited models in series of 10 per model... also saw some baguette case and sapphire skull models...

They made brown and pink full sapphire models etc etc...
edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2018, 02:02 AM   #4253
watchucallit
"TRF" Member

Yes it was me that asked about a price list to see how things had gone up. Folks who had a deposit full price -- had to either had
to make up the difference or get a full refund... sounds unfair to me

Quote:
Someone had asked many months ago for the official RM price list.

Here is the RM published pricing used by all US Boutiques and what they sell their new watches for at US Boutiques--otherwise there is no need for a price list. This one is dated Jan 2018.

Someone please feel free to call a US RM Boutique and ask them if they sell over the prices on this list. It's a simple question. Now all of the other games they play with allocations, etc, etc...it's pretty stupid. But pricing is pretty straight forward.
watchucallit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2018, 05:33 AM   #4254
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
Quote:
Alright, this thread has been so lame for the past 6 months...but glad I could get more posts in one day than it's had in probably 3 months.

I'll pop in when I want--but count on August.

Take care and remember Boutiques do not sell at over list pricing...for those buying vs sitting on the side line making noise.

For those crying, sell your RM's and buy another brand--will be best for you. RM will not miss you I have a feeling.
Must say, although I'm going higher and higher in watch buying value, I can't fathom the value in RM pieces.

texex91, it seems to me you just come out of your hibernation to boast and and wind up others. Might be best to maintain your dormant state for over six months next time, as you appear to be quite unpleasant in attitude.
P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2018, 06:05 AM   #4255
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by P2725TMB View Post
texex91, it seems to me you just come out of your hibernation to boast and and wind up others. Might be best to maintain your dormant state for over six months next time, as you appear to be quite unpleasant in attitude.
If you want a good laugh just google his username and you can see the plethora of other forums he has done the same thing in. Other watch forums, several car forums... etc

His track record speaks for itself. Unless you are seeking a hostile argument best to avoid him all together.

Old 20 February 2018, 07:37 AM   #4256
sulttaani
"TRF" Member

Ban me for this or whatever, but as an RM fan myself I see nickname texex91 a stereoptypical narcissist.
sulttaani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2018, 08:29 AM   #4257
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Look - I dislike him as much as anyone else, but let’s move on. RM has some great stuff out. If Paul really does get a 11-03 blue, I look forward to the pictures. If not, I pity the need to lie online about watches.

The new skulls are super cool.
Old 20 February 2018, 09:33 AM   #4258
GSDLover
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5205r-010
I like what he has to say and how he says it. Without him, this thread goes Dormant and uninformative.
He piqued my interest in RM. He seems to have a low tolerance for what he perceives as b%×+sh%_€£¥). Whether it's real or perceived, only the involved know for sure.
GSDLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2018, 09:57 AM   #4259
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490 View Post
Look - I dislike him as much as anyone else, but let’s move on. RM has some great stuff out. If Paul really does get a 11-03 blue, I look forward to the pictures. If not, I pity the need to lie online about watches.

The new skulls are super cool.
There will be a new blue here one way or another ;)
Old 20 February 2018, 10:03 AM   #4260
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There will be a new blue here one way or another ;)
But because this is a picture thread:

Tags
011 , 011-03 , 035 , 035-02 , richard mille