The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 11 December 2023, 10:29 AM   #1
dauster
"TRF" Member

Vacheron Corporate Boutiques in the US

Hi, I’m looking for some advice for the best boutique- preferably not associated with an AD as I don’t want to buy other brands or jewelry.
Also, would love to learn more on how to acquire the rare handcrafts (metier d’arts) pieces and a pathway to get them?

I went to the CH premier owned boutique that I visited again yesterday and they were actually quite friendly and nice but very opaque about rare handcrafts and what exactly the point of building a relationship with them is other than buy now and we will see ( I was more strategic about it in my wording trust me).

But I am still very confused as to why they would try to sell me a historique 1921 that I can literally buy online on the Vacheron website as a special favor / hard to get piece that I should jump on?

In a watch world where most Vacheron pieces are selling under retail and even overseas models with a few outliers are pretty much readily available, I’m very confused as to what the strategy here is on the part of the boutique ( i did not even inquire about the overseas line for example).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2023, 11:49 AM   #2
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Voutilainen (2030)
I’d suggest reach out to the e-boutique. I’ve heard very good things going that route.
FrugalGreubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2023, 11:57 AM   #3
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalGreubel View Post
I’d suggest reach out to the e-boutique. I’ve heard very good things going that route.

Good advice I’ll try that even though counter intuitive

Old 11 December 2023, 12:00 PM   #4
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
Good advice I’ll try that even though counter intuitive

I bought a rose cornes de vache and a 222 off them. It's the way to go. They tried to offer me rose 4500V and retro moon phase overseas as well.
Old 11 December 2023, 12:38 PM   #5
LJubel328
"TRF" Member

Speaking from personal experience, the rate handcrafts (metiers d’arts) are available. In inquired about one and they had one in the system and transferred it. Didn’t end up purchasing it but they were extremely helpful throughout the process. I’ve always found the staff at the NYC location to be exceptional.

LJubel328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2023, 12:52 PM   #6
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
I bought a rose cornes de vache and a 222 off them. It's the way to go. They tried to offer me rose 4500V and retro moon phase overseas as well.

Very cool thanks - that’s promising

Old 11 December 2023, 12:53 PM   #7
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJubel328 View Post
Speaking from personal experience, the rate handcrafts (metiers d’arts) are available. In inquired about one and they had one in the system and transferred it. Didn’t end up purchasing it but they were extremely helpful throughout the process. I’ve always found the staff at the NYC location to be exceptional.

I’ll give NYC another visit when I’m there next year. Thanks. Do you know if your purchase history follows you in the system just like at AP ?

Old 11 December 2023, 02:41 PM   #8
LJubel328
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’ll give NYC another visit when I’m there next year. Thanks. Do you know if your purchase history follows you in the system just like at AP ?

I do not, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it is

LJubel328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2023, 02:44 PM   #9
Jmaster
"TRF" Member

I've visited the boutiques in Valley Fair, NYC and Chicago. Based on those conversations, I get the sense they all operate separately and therefore have their own "relationship" requirements.
Old 11 December 2023, 04:15 PM   #10
magicman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaster View Post
I've visited the boutiques in Valley Fair, NYC and Chicago. Based on those conversations, I get the sense they all operate separately and therefore have their own "relationship" requirements.
I don't love the boutique at Valley Fair. The chain that runs it here also has Breguet, Chopard, and some other nice stuff, but it's a typical high pressure sales environment. Not a fun place to make a purchase and so I've never been a customer, other than servicing a piece or two.
magicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2023, 05:10 PM   #11
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Since you are in California. Did you try the BH boutique? My SA there is helpful and very transparent. Anything attached to CH Premiere is not my style of dealing with a luxury product.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2023, 05:19 PM   #12
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
Since you are in California. Did you try the BH boutique? My SA there is helpful and very transparent. Anything attached to CH Premiere is not my style of dealing with a luxury product.

No I have not is BH corporate owned ? Agreed on CH for sure

To be frank I was just looking thru vacherons catalogue and not even sure it’s worth to develop a relationship- pretty much everything is available at retail or significantly below. I would have to hit off really well with an SA / brand so that the buying experience makes it worth it

Old 11 December 2023, 06:02 PM   #13
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
Sorry to hear about your experiences at CH. The advisors at VC at VF are friendly and knowledgeable, but they simply won't sell you any perceived in demand pieces unless you have some type of spend ratio.

I agree with the others, I had better luck with their E-Boutique, but you'll still have to intermittently follow up and check in accordingly.
PBJ1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2023, 01:22 AM   #14
cal14
"TRF" Member

I am fully expecting CH Premier to get exposed and some of their retail relationships with desirable brands to implode. They aren’t even subtle about holding things hostage until you’ve cleared enough of their stale inventory. It’s inevitable this will back fire on them. Just a matter of when. If senior staff/management behaves like this, no hope.
cal14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2023, 03:48 AM   #15
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
I bought an Overseas from the boutique with no issues at all. Very friendly and helpful. It was just before the overall watch market went nuts.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2023, 09:20 AM   #16
dmottley
"TRF" Member

I called the New York boutique and said that I was looking for an Overseas Chronograph, but that I didn't live near a boutique. A few weeks later I was offered a 5500V panda which I purchased. They also told me that a price increase was coming and sure enough it went up $3000 two weeks later. The New York boutique was great. No games at all.
dmottley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2023, 12:25 PM   #17
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmottley View Post
I called the New York boutique and said that I was looking for an Overseas Chronograph, but that I didn't live near a boutique. A few weeks later I was offered a 5500V panda which I purchased. They also told me that a price increase was coming and sure enough it went up $3000 two weeks later. The New York boutique was great. No games at all.
good to hear and congrats on the panda - do share some pics

As a way of updating this thread, I am jumping on a call with the e-boutique tomorrow re rare handcrafts let's what the outcome is.
Ill keep you guys posted.
Old 13 December 2023, 12:38 PM   #18
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
good to hear and congrats on the panda - do share some pics

As a way of updating this thread, I am jumping on a call with the e-boutique tomorrow re rare handcrafts let's what the outcome is.
Ill keep you guys posted.
Thank you for keeping us updated. Hope it goes well!
Old 13 December 2023, 08:17 PM   #19
DJH1977
"TRF" Member

The New York boutique is great to work with even remotely, but I'm happy to report that the new boutique here in Dallas is local and also great to work with.
DJH1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2023, 09:36 AM   #20
DallasMitts
2024 Pledge Member

Been to NYC (in-person and remote) and the new Dallas location. Dallas is still figuring it out, but they seem to be trying hard. NYC was solid.
DallasMitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2023, 02:42 PM   #21
dauster
"TRF" Member

Vacheron Corporate Boutiques in the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalGreubel View Post
Thank you for keeping us updated. Hope it goes well!

It went well, very pleased with the call. I talked about metier d’art and even les cabinotiers which starts at 200k for a bespoke piece unique.

Seemed like there is chance for a variety of watches that I’m interested in, including the skeleton overseas PC.

We shall see, I’ll keep you posted…

Old 14 December 2023, 02:49 PM   #22
dpj17
2024 Pledge Member

They're all gonna be corporate owned soon.
Old 14 December 2023, 02:54 PM   #23
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
It went well, very pleased with the call. I talked about metier d’art and even les cabinotiers which starts at 200k for a bespoke piece unique.

Seemed like there is chance for a variety of watches that I’m interested in, including the skeleton overseas PC.

We shall see, I’ll keep you posted…

Glad to hear it went well. Sounds very promising. Can’t wait to see what you end up with!