The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 6 February 2022, 02:46 AM   #721
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibbi View Post
I have no interest in crazy secondary market Czapek prices.
And yet....

So, what new piece / movement do you think will be announced?
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 02:55 AM   #722
Patek_collector
"TRF" Member

Czapek

It is a great watch… but the secondary market price is not yet mature… too early for the craziness…

I was buying a Rolex OP 41 Turquoise from a very strong dealer in Dubai. My collection is mainly Patek and never owned a Rolex but liked this one and wanted to try it as my first Rolex and see the experience despite its unresonable price.

I tried to offer my green fratello version antarctique for trade of the Rolex and he clearly was not willing to pay even MSRP which i paid and of course i did not accept and kept the Czapek and paid the Rolex in cash. He told me that Czapek customers are really a small group of enthusiasts and it is early days and this is someone i bought from him for the past 8 years so i trust his knowledge.

What i am trying to say is buying Czapek even the famous Antarctique should not be for resale now. The market for them is early days. Maybe in 2-3 years things will be different.

The watch is nice to enjoy for sure. People can ask anything on Chrono. If the ask for 5711 blue is now 250K and for 5990 is 350K, then i lost the trust on Chrono prices.

Enjoy your Czapek guys… it is not Patek… but when i am comparing it to the OP blue from Rolex, you feel it is at a higher level minus the hype!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patek_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 03:02 AM   #723
bibbi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
And yet....

So, what new piece / movement do you think will be announced?

I don’t get your point. Language barrier.

What I additionally like about Czapek is that the the founder came from my country. Just like his partner, Patek, btw. I’m happy with 38.5mm new version for my 16cm wrist.

Enjoy your music!
bibbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 03:06 AM   #724
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
I’ve been into watches for a little over 2 years now. But hadn’t the same questions been asked when FPJ started to attract tons of attention?

FPJ and czapek aren’t comparable despite the similarities to the casual onlooker.

FPJ has had 20+ years of a slow burning collectors base and then saw a spike in price following watchboxes decision to corner the market on a lot of their stuff. FPJ has a man behind the brand that many revere and the pieces are viewed to a degree as his artistic creations.

Czapek is a crowdfunded revival of a brand formerly tied to the Patek name. I would say if they manage to keep making more complex and well executed pieces they have more in common with a Lange reboot than something like FPJ.
Old 6 February 2022, 03:09 AM   #725
Bug04
"TRF" Member

In my view this is only partially true. The community is still small, yet fast growing and, important to be noticed, demand even if small is already much larger than the still very very small Czapek production.
So of course a professional dealer is honestly more interested in high rotating high volumes ref (like Rolex in the example you mentioned) rather then a still niche brand.
But privates are hungry … just see what happens to LE launches … all sold out almost immediately, with people that I personally know that accepted to purchase remotely from web at full list price (with months of wait time) a watch never seen in real life.
Last example being the 99 yellows sold out even before launch.
So not surprising that such pieces are traded (not only offered) above list price in secondary. As well is not surprising that in this phase, if you go to a dealer, offers to purchase back are yet below mrsp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek_collector View Post
It is a great watch… but the secondary market price is not yet mature… too early for the craziness…

I was buying a Rolex OP 41 Turquoise from a very strong dealer in Dubai. My collection is mainly Patek and never owned a Rolex but liked this one and wanted to try it as my first Rolex and see the experience despite its unresonable price.

I tried to offer my green fratello version antarctique for trade of the Rolex and he clearly was not willing to pay even MSRP which i paid and of course i did not accept and kept the Czapek and paid the Rolex in cash. He told me that Czapek customers are really a small group of enthusiasts and it is early days and this is someone i bought from him for the past 8 years so i trust his knowledge.

What i am trying to say is buying Czapek even the famous Antarctique should not be for resale now. The market for them is early days. Maybe in 2-3 years things will be different.

The watch is nice to enjoy for sure. People can ask anything on Chrono. If the ask for 5711 blue is now 250K and for 5990 is 350K, then i lost the trust on Chrono prices.

Enjoy your Czapek guys… it is not Patek… but when i am comparing it to the OP blue from Rolex, you feel it is at a higher level minus the hype!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bug04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 03:35 AM   #726
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

This conversation, and the Chrono24 prices quoted, are making me feel icky. They’re confusing two issues which IMO are ruining watches: perceived value, and quality. The first is considering a frivolous piece of metal as an asset (which until very recently was only true of a handful of incredibly rare references), and the second is the execution. Czapek makes lovely watches, and rose from nowhere with great design and high standards to produce models comparable with the absolute best (no, not Rolex, but PP, AP, VC etc).

Can we please not have this thread devolve into another cynical discussion of relative resale value? It does a disservice to the watches, and there are more than enough of those already.

I won’t be partaking further if this is the direction it’s going.
mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 03:47 AM   #727
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrelnomoad View Post
Can we please not have this thread devolve into another cynical discussion of relative resale value? It does a disservice to the watches, and there are more than enough of those already.

^^^ this, thanks for saying it
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 6 February 2022, 03:49 AM   #728
Bug04
"TRF" Member

Let’s turn it back to the proper direction indeed.
Connecting to your message #678, I may see wrong … are you mounting in the bracelet both the extra link (11 mm) and the semi link (6 mm, no C)?
How extra link is impacting on bracelet flexibility?
Are semi links still provided by Czapek?

Quote:
This conversation, and the Chrono24 prices quoted, are making me feel icky. They’re confusing two issues which IMO are ruining watches: perceived value, and quality. The first is considering a frivolous piece of metal as an asset (which until very recently was only true of a handful of incredibly rare references), and the second is the execution. Czapek makes lovely watches, and rose from nowhere with great design and high standards to produce models compatible with the absolute best (no, not Rolex, but PO, AP, VC etc).

Old 6 February 2022, 04:05 AM   #729
mbalmz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

just chiming in here to say I'm about to put my pre-order in for a 38.5mm version antarctique... just waiting for them to take my money!

sounds like delivery won't be for 11 months or so but that doesn't seem too bad nowadays.

super excited!
___

instagram: @brooklynwatchguy
mbalmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 04:06 AM   #730
bibbi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
this conversation, and the chrono24 prices quoted, are making me feel icky. They’re confusing two issues which imo are ruining watches: Perceived value, and quality. The first is considering a frivolous piece of metal as an asset (which until very recently was only true of a handful of incredibly rare references), and the second is the execution. Czapek makes lovely watches, and rose from nowhere with great design and high standards to produce models compatible with the absolute best (no, not rolex, but po, ap, vc etc).

+1
Old 6 February 2022, 05:56 PM   #731
bibbi
"TRF" Member

Has anyone paired his Antarctique with the white rubber strap? If yes - I’d appreciate some photos.

Have a good day.
Old 6 February 2022, 06:46 PM   #732
Pict
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Quote:
Has anyone paired his Antarctique with the white rubber strap? If yes - I’d appreciate some photos.

Have a good day.
Hi good morning, just a follow on from yesterday about dial colours, there is a YouTube vid from yesterday that you will find helpful, although they don’t cover the straps, it does feature the blue and salmon dial:

The Swis & Jon Show -08 - Czapek
Pict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 08:06 PM   #733
bibbi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pict View Post
Hi good morning, just a follow on from yesterday about dial colours, there is a YouTube vid from yesterday that you will find helpful, although they don’t cover the straps, it does feature the blue and salmon dial:

Great find, thank you very much, it is very helpful. Now it looks more salmon than pale orange.
Old 6 February 2022, 08:19 PM   #734
Bug04
"TRF" Member

Can you please post the specific link (if allowed). I am trying to search but I find all episodes but 8!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pict View Post

Old 6 February 2022, 08:28 PM   #735
Pict
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug04 View Post
Can you please post the specific link (if allowed). I am trying to search but I find all episodes but 8!
https://youtu.be/96bPSVllHkg
Pict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 09:07 PM   #736
Bug04
"TRF" Member

👍

Quote:
Originally Posted by pict View Post
Old 6 February 2022, 10:36 PM   #737
Schweinwerfer
"TRF" Member

That design and movement are such a homerun
It's wayyyy nicer than the Laurent Ferrier featured afterwards.
Schweinwerfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 10:52 PM   #738
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750
Quote:
Great find, thank you very much, it is very helpful. Now it looks more salmon than pale orange.

Actually, the dial is gold-colored
bondtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 11:02 PM   #739
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondtoys View Post

Don’t worry just like the 15202BC every wanker who gets one will declare it salmon lol
Old 6 February 2022, 11:07 PM   #740
jcarm981
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Patek 5167
Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Any details on when the next Rattrapante may come out?
jcarm981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 11:27 PM   #741
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

The claw is back! Is that the standard for the 38.5mm?
mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 11:32 PM   #742
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarm981 View Post
Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Any details on when the next Rattrapante may come out?

April I’m told
Old 6 February 2022, 11:35 PM   #743
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
has anyone paired his antarctique with the white rubber strap? If yes - i’d appreciate some photos.

Have a good day.
OPTION-STRAP---White-rubber.jpg

Old 7 February 2022, 12:02 AM   #744
MostlyCloudy
"TRF" Member

Quote:

is this the actual shade of yellow/salmon/gold of the watch?
MostlyCloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2022, 12:05 AM   #745
Bug04
"TRF" Member

Without entering in comparisons with other brands, to me this Antarctique dial looks sand and not salmon. Not better or worse, just different from salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Don’t worry just like the 15202BC every wanker who gets one will declare it salmon lol
Old 7 February 2022, 12:10 AM   #746
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug04 View Post
Without entering in comparisons with other brands, to me this Antarctique dial look sand and not salmon. Not better or worse, just different from salmon

It’s clearly not salmon that I agree. I’m not saying that’s bad, I think it looks nice. I just get tired of collectors declaring everything salmon even when the brands themselves don’t.
Old 7 February 2022, 12:14 AM   #747
bibbi
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Just in my taste When asked I’d probably never call it salmon. Sandy is probably a good depiction.
Old 7 February 2022, 12:17 AM   #748
bibbi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post

Thank you ETM, this pairing simply cannot be unseen. I appreciate the brand for the customization options they give to customers and the extra mile they go.

BTW someone mentioned an orange rubber strap - was it just a loose idea or is it available somewhere out of their web page?
Old 7 February 2022, 12:18 AM   #749
Bug04
"TRF" Member

Eh eh … the famous reality filtered by collectors’ subjective forces …

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
It’s clearly not salmon that I agree. I’m not saying that’s bad, I think it looks nice. I just get tired of collectors declaring everything salmon even when the brands themselves don’t.
Old 7 February 2022, 12:19 AM   #750
bibbi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The claw is back! Is that the standard for the 38.5mm?

Nope. Alike in the 40.5mm version you have full choice of their options. Among them you can choose the double index or the „12” index.