The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old Yesterday, 06:47 AM   #211
Tavli3
2019 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
Did anyone watch the Apollo 11 special on CNN last night?
Lots of actual footage and photos.
One of the most Iconic photos was the one of Buzz Backing down the ladder.
I understand better why he's on the subdial. I don't remember that photo but it was a great shot.

Also Omega finally did some promoting, it looked to me like the steel only version.
But not sure. They showed a shot of an Astronaut and the Flag with 50th Anniversary as the title then they go to a moving video of the entire speedmaster. So I assumed it was the 50th steel version. If anyone else watched I'd like to know what they thought?
Tavli3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:28 AM   #212
F83
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavli3 View Post
I understand better why he's on the subdial. I don't remember that photo but it was a great shot.
It's a very iconic photograph. I personally have no problem with it - and have found the "Buzz's Butt" comments to be a little weird.

I'm getting pretty excited about the watch. I don't think it's going to be a "Steel Daytona" level of immediate after market value - but I do think they will likely sell for above MSRP years from now - if only a little bit. Yes Omega does lots of SE Speedmasters - but there's only one 50th anniversary of the moon landing.
F83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:04 AM   #213
srleadjb
2019 GMT CHNR Pledge Member

Quote:
Also Omega finally did some promoting, it looked to me like the steel only version.
But not sure. They showed a shot of an Astronaut and the Flag with 50th Anniversary as the title then they go to a moving video of the entire speedmaster. So I assumed it was the 50th steel version. If anyone else watched I'd like to know what they thought?

Was this actually in the show or before or during a break? I have the DVD but there are no commercials.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
srleadjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:39 AM   #214
Passinthru
2019 Pledge Member

Quote:

I didn't see the movie last night on CNN but it is the same incredible Apollo 11 movie I saw in IMAX last March. There were no Omega commercials before or after the movie that I recall. And I just saw on space.com that CNN will be replaying the movie on 6/29 for those who didn't get a chance to see it last night.

Also, I watched Buzz on TV climb down the ladder 50 years ago. That picture didn't bother me then and it certainly doesn't bother me on the subdial now. That is how he climbed down the ladder and it is exactly how I would climb down a ladder, with or without a space suit.
Passinthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:44 AM   #215
srleadjb
2019 GMT CHNR Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F83 View Post
and have found the "Buzz's Butt" comments to be a little weird.

This ^
srleadjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM   #216
Tavli3
2019 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
Quote:
Originally Posted by srleadjb View Post
Was this actually in the show or before or during a break? I have the DVD but there are no commercials.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There were commercials for sure and Omega was one of them
Tavli3 is online now   Reply With Quote