The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 25 June 2021, 12:06 PM   #1
CountryBoy
"TRF" Member

Watch: sun, moon, heehaw
Patek 5320G winder - help pls.

Howdy.

Y'all of us with Patek 5320G winder.
Help please.

My winder seems to have an issue. Does not wind the watch!
Full of battery as the light blinks 4 times.
I follow the instructions it came with, nothing Einstein type.

Will take it to the AD to check but before embarrassing my horse in front of the AD, asking y'all's thoughts and help.
CountryBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2021, 10:44 PM   #2
liljctl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryBoy View Post
Will take it to the AD to check but before embarrassing my horse in front of the AD, asking y'all's thoughts and help.
Which breed?
liljctl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2021, 11:00 PM   #3
CountryBoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljctl View Post
which breed?
5320g.
Old 25 June 2021, 11:12 PM   #4
liljctl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
5320g.
So each of the previous times you referred to heehaw and your horse it was a figurative reference to a watch?

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
Old 25 June 2021, 11:17 PM   #5
CountryBoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So each of the previous times you referred to heehaw and your horse it was a figurative reference to a watch?

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
LOL pardner. of course not a watch! When i started on this forum a couple of months ago I did not even have the 5320G yet.

I will post a picture for you sooner or later.

Any thoughts on what may be going on with my winder? If i remember correctly you also got a 5320G.

Enjoy your week-end. Greetings from heehaw.
Old 26 June 2021, 01:01 AM   #6
yippie123
"TRF" Member

Hv you paired it to your phone and set the movement correctly to the 5320 ?
yippie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2021, 01:03 AM   #7
CountryBoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippie123 View Post
Hv u pair it to your phone and set the movement correctly to that 5320 ?
I have. Appreciate the note.
Old 26 June 2021, 03:45 PM   #8
liljctl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
LOL pardner. of course not a watch! When i started on this forum a couple of months ago I did not even have the 5320G yet.

I will post a picture for you sooner or later.

Any thoughts on what may be going on with my winder? If i remember correctly you also got a 5320G.

Enjoy your week-end. Greetings from heehaw.
If it's the PP one, bring it back to your AD? They should have a few lying around.
Old 26 June 2021, 10:21 PM   #9
CountryBoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If it's the PP one, bring it back to your AD? They should have a few lying around.
Yes, the PP one, the cylinder looking one that comes with 5320G. Thank you for the suggestion.
Old 26 June 2021, 10:56 PM   #10
liljctl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes, the PP one, the cylinder looking one that comes with 5320G. Thank you for the suggestion.
I bought mine before they started handing out the cylinder winders.
Old 26 June 2021, 11:04 PM   #11
Partekular
"TRF" Member

Well, it isn’t that easy to tell if it’s on or off. When you insert the 5320 the correct way and press the button it flashes 4 times for a full charge, 3 for reduced charge etc. But you may, by pressing the button, have turned it off! This annoys me too so I insert the watch,press the button and if it flashes 4 times it’s on. I then watch the watch. It cycles every 3 minutes-ish IF YOU HAVE SET THE WINDER FOR THE CORRECT CALIBRE Watch. Get the App. Make sure it’st set for the correct calibre. And then look at WAIT FOR THE NEXT CYCLE. If the App isn’t showing any action perhaps there is a problem with the winder….
Partekular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2021, 11:12 PM   #12
Partekular
"TRF" Member

I have to say, the winder drum is amazing quality. When I bought the watch I was also supplied with the wooden presentation box which also has a winder in it and has the advantage of being able to be plugged in to the mains.

The 5320 is a great choice - I would say that wouldn’t I!
Old 26 June 2021, 11:36 PM   #13
CountryBoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partekular View Post
Well, it isn’t that easy to tell if it’s on or off. When you insert the 5320 the correct way and press the button it flashes 4 times for a full charge, 3 for reduced charge etc. But you may, by pressing the button, have turned it off! This annoys me too so I insert the watch,press the button and if it flashes 4 times it’s on. I then watch the watch. It cycles every 3 minutes-ish IF YOU HAVE SET THE WINDER FOR THE CORRECT CALIBRE Watch. Get the App. Make sure it’st set for the correct calibre. And then look at WAIT FOR THE NEXT CYCLE. If the App isn’t showing any action perhaps there is a problem with the winder….
Thank you. I will try it today and revert. I think there may be a problem with the winder. I have never seen the winder presentation box. May I ask you to please post a picture if not too inconvenient for you?

Thank you again.
Old 26 June 2021, 11:56 PM   #14
Partekular
"TRF" Member

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292608977442

I haven’t - yet - mastered the art of posting photos but the 5320 was bought with the drum winder and I insisted on the box - in the end I persuaded them to supply both. The box is a bit flashy and naff as well as being a burglar magnet but what the hell, it runs on the mains. The beautiful drum winder is good for travel and when you want to hide it away for holidays etc
Old 27 June 2021, 12:03 AM   #15
Partekular
"TRF" Member

https://picclick.co.uk/Original-Pate...l#&gid=1&pid=2
Old 27 June 2021, 12:04 AM   #16
CountryBoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292608977442

I haven’t - yet - mastered the art of posting photos but the 5320 was bought with the drum winder and I insisted on the box - in the end I persuaded them to supply both. The box is a bit flashy and naff as well as being a burglar magnet but what the hell, it runs on the mains. The beautiful drum winder is good for travel and when you want to hide it away for holidays etc
Thank you. Anyways winders not so practical for me as i wear watches a couple o weeks and then they go to the safety deposit box in the bank (kinda sad) for a good few months before they get any wrist time.
Old 27 June 2021, 12:06 AM   #17
CountryBoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
WOW. Thank you so much Partekular. Really appreciate it pardner. I had googled before my previous posting to you but could not find. I'm a bit behind on my technology hence a cowboy.
Old 27 June 2021, 12:12 AM   #18
Partekular
"TRF" Member

The winder drum has a very long battery life which avoids resetting the perp cal. So you can stick it in your bank vault if you live somewhere where you are likely to be burgled. Up here in Scotland the chances of that are slim and they are more likely to go for the single malts.
Old 27 June 2021, 12:34 AM   #19
Custom02
"TRF" Member

I have the drum winder I’d bought for an AC and had a similar problem in that I’d put the watch on it then come back after a few days/weeks and see that the winder had stopped operating. I think the winder is quite sensitive to being knocked and I’ve overcome the problem by placing it in its resting place carefully, closing it and then whilst having the app open waiting the 2/3 minutes before it does a revolution. Once it’s completed that successfully then it’s always been working on return (however long the gap was).
Custom02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2021, 12:43 AM   #20
CountryBoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The winder drum has a very long battery life which avoids resetting the perp cal. So you can stick it in your bank vault if you live somewhere where you are likely to be burgled. Up here in Scotland the chances of that are slim and they are more likely to go for the single malts.
Sadly in our beloved country, we have to be overly cautious.

I never forget once in Japan i left my wallet with a reasonable sum in a cab. The taxi driver called and brought it to me. Did not charge me for his extra trip and time; and despite my great insistence to give him some money and a bottle of nice California wine, did not accept anything.

Funny you talked about single malts. Last night I was at a fancy restaurant with a good list of alcohol. I asked if they have Pappy van Winkle's. (do y'all even talk about this in Scotland or censor all the hoopla?)

The mate said no. He said to qualify to purchase, alcohol shops and restaurants have to order so much more of other less desired stuff to establish a relationship (sometimes they have to resell all this excess inventory even at a loss) just in the hope of getting some Pappy for a couple of hundred a bottle, but then resell for a few thousand.

sounds familiar?
Old 27 June 2021, 01:28 AM   #21
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
Hey Country Boy , one thing I discovered w my cylinder winder for my 5327 is you must keep it on its side to work properly. If If kept it standing up it wouldn’t work all the time. Also it has a sensor to tell if your watch is in place - won’t work w/o watch in it . When you press button red light should flash and winder will spin a few rounds . You can do this w winder standing up then lay down for storage to keep watch wound . Wish you the best , james in San Antonio Tx :-))
Humble michael is offline   Reply With Quote