The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 24 June 2021, 08:14 PM   #31
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman37 View Post
Do you really think it will reach the same status as the Natilus?

I am not sure.
Considering that one Daytona has sold for $17M and others routinely sell for between $250K and $1M I would think that the question is "will the Nautilus reach the same status as the Daytona or will it just be a flash in the pan?"
And consider that Rolex doesn't pull on the marionette strings by issuing limited editions of the Daytona or pretending to cancel it.
For every person who recognizes a Nautilus on your wrist at least 100 will recognize a Daytona.
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2021, 11:01 PM   #32
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascavel View Post
I would think that the question is "will the Nautilus reach the same status as the Daytona or will it just be a flash in the pan?"
Well, we know companies (or their 'friends') bid on their own pieces as this helps to make big headlines. Some companies have relied on this 'technique' for decades. So I'd be pessimistic about auction results.

As mainly a two-model brand for years, PP is going down the rabbit hole. Just hope they can figure a way to better ALS, and at least make (even if it's half-hearted as PP does today) a challenge to FP Journe and ALS which are superior to Patek yet at lower pricing.

Why Patek can't compete with FP Journe and ALS is perhaps the real question.

And why is Patek lagging behind other brands that offer better-made pieces (and perhaps provide a longer warranty) at lower costs to the consumer is the real question. Compare the quality and price.....
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2021, 12:00 AM   #33
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Nothing really wrong with a brand being mostly identified to the gen pop by an iconic piece or two, there are dozens of brands who would give anything to have a Nautilus, RO or Daytona type in their line up, and sadly many of these brands will disappear in future for the lack of it.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote