The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 26 November 2020, 12:56 PM   #1
Bruin20
"TRF" Member

H Moser Pioneer owners here?

I’ve been into Moser for about 6-8 months now and am having trouble finding literally anyone who has one and actually has any thoughts on it. It seems they are in the shadow for Journe in terms of independents but you can clearly find examples all over of people just loving everything Journe makes.

Anyone have a pioneer?
Bruin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2020, 01:40 PM   #2
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

I don’t have a pioneer specifically. Journe etc are a notch above but then again they are priced accordingly. I think some complain about the finishing of moser, but they usually significantly cheaper apples to apples. I will say moser has unbelievable service. Had an issue with mine and they went above and beyond. Did not have a good experience with journe. There are plenty of people that had good service though maybe it was a one off. The pioneer does wear a bit big, but their dials are beautiful.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2020, 02:19 PM   #3
loftycomfort
"TRF" Member

I have an Endeavour with concept dial, and a FPJ CS. Movement wise, the Journe has nicer movement finishing and more interesting architecture. Both have top end case finishing, but I like the moser’s design more, with its scalloped case band and mixed polished and brushed finishing. Both have very distinctive looks; the Moser’s concept dial is much sexier than the Journe’s. The Moser CEO Ed Meylan is very active on social media and listens to customer feedback. Mr Journe... has a different leadership style.

Hope that helps.
loftycomfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2020, 06:57 PM   #4
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: R/AP/FPJ/Hermès/et
I like some of the pieces. Most I like, won’t fit my wrist size which is unfortunate as they make some nice watches. If only they could try and address a larger audience.

Comparison to Journe I don’t get tbh. Their work is so different. Both indies but very different signatures and identity. And there’s more than enough room for both to flourish towards their own ambitions.
Old 27 November 2020, 03:34 PM   #5
Sinanamus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
If you wanna talk about Moser, maybe contact the YouTuber watchartsci. He owns a Moser (or two), is a big fan of the brand, and loves to engage his audience in discussion. He likely has an email you can contact him with. I don't intend to break forum rules with this post, delete if needed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Sinanamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2020, 11:27 PM   #6
shafran
"TRF" Member

I have an endeavor dual time and I had a Pioneer central seconds. Unfortunately I don't love a too simple dial and found I wanted a date or more on the dial than the pioneer offered. The perpetual would be amazing, but higher price. The fume is beautiful. It wears very niceley for a sports watch, Feels like a thin 42mm panerai. Good luck!
shafran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2020, 09:37 AM   #7
basdmd
"TRF" Member

Pioneer

I’ve owned the Pioneer CS w/ DLC coating for about 5 months and have been quite pleased tbh. It’s large but quite comfortable for my 7.25 inch wrist. The dial and massively domed sapphire crystal are honestly mesmerizing. I know this particular piece catches hell in several online reviews but honestly it’s one of my favorites in my collection. I typically gravitate towards smaller pieces: Explorer I 39mm and Tudor BB58 are daily wearers for me, and I don’t feel overwhelmed by the size of this one. That said it does wear larger than my Speedy MOTM at 42mm. Hope this helps!
basdmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2020, 12:31 PM   #8
Houston77
"TRF" Member

My wife got me one for Christmas! She sourced the kudu strap, which is really comfortable. I’m going to have a problem taking this one off.

Anyone have experience with the bracelet? Thinking about having my AD order one and rotate between the strap and bracelet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Houston77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2020, 03:40 PM   #9
Bruin20
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston77 View Post
My wife got me one for Christmas! She sourced the kudu strap, which is really comfortable. I’m going to have a problem taking this one off.

Anyone have experience with the bracelet? Thinking about having my AD order one and rotate between the strap and bracelet.

There’s a bracelet?
Bruin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2020, 03:42 PM   #10
Houston77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin20 View Post
There’s a bracelet?

Yup. It’s made for the rotating bezel version, but will fit the regular Pioneer.

Old 27 December 2020, 07:57 PM   #11
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
That’s stunning :-)

Quote:

Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2020, 04:42 AM   #12
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona - BLACK
I have the Pioneer in blue and it literally gets the most wrist time in my entire collection more so than the 116500. It’s different, it’s discreet and I love that. It’s Super versatile. You can look at my previous post. If I could I’d add the red dial too.
Old 28 December 2020, 09:12 AM   #13
Houston77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwalker View Post
I have the Pioneer in blue and it literally gets the most wrist time in my entire collection more so than the 116500. It’s different, it’s discreet and I love that. It’s Super versatile. You can look at my previous post. If I could I’d add the red dial too.

Ever had the chance to try out the bracelet?

Old 28 December 2020, 03:12 PM   #14
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona - BLACK
Quote:
Ever had the chance to try out the bracelet?

I tried it out on the diver, it’s really nice but I personally prefer the rubber/leather straps.
Old 29 December 2020, 12:02 AM   #15
Houston77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwalker View Post
I tried it out on the diver, it’s really nice but I personally prefer the rubber/leather straps.

Yeah, I’m conflicted. I love it on the kudu strap, but it really could be my GADA watch on a bracelet. Decisions, decisions...

Old 29 December 2020, 03:34 AM   #16
basdmd
"TRF" Member

Funky Blue Black Photos

Here are some recent wrist shots...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2872.jpg (68.1 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2873.jpg (75.8 KB, 246 views)
basdmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2020, 08:24 AM   #17
Jp28
"TRF" Member

I had a Pioneer and got the bracelet as well.
The bracelet is well designed, great micro adjustment and end pieces fit very well to the case. So far so good. However it is (correctly) designed with the same (larger) proportions as the watch head, which does change the characteristics of the total combined ‘package’ somewhat.
I found that the bracelet was good for one day but then the overall ‘package’ was too much (a bit too much size, saying too much ‘bulk’ would be going to far!) and I would go back to the straps (kudu and gator were best).
Potentially for a dive watch (which is what the bracelet was designed for) it effectively works but for the Pioneer (which is not a dive watch) its slightly too much but is a useful change up option that is nice to have.
Jp28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2020, 01:11 PM   #18
Houston77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp28 View Post
The bracelet is well designed, great micro adjustment and end pieces fit very well to the case. So far so good. However it is (correctly) designed with the same (larger) proportions as the watch head, which does change the characteristics of the total combined ‘package’ somewhat.
I found that the bracelet was good for one day but then the overall ‘package’ was too much (a bit too much size, saying too much ‘bulk’ would be going to far!) and I would go back to the straps (kudu and gator were best).
Potentially for a dive watch (which is what the bracelet was designed for) it effectively works but for the Pioneer (which is not a dive watch) its slightly too much but is a useful change up option that is nice to have.

Great feedback, thanks!

Old 30 December 2020, 05:51 AM   #19
Houston77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp28 View Post
One last question, I promise: How was the weight of the overall piece with a bracelet? Did you find that the bracelet and Pioneer was too heavy? Thanks again!
Old 31 December 2020, 09:03 PM   #20
Spoonage
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I’ve recently been thinking of adding a Pioneer CS. Kicking the idea around... Anyone that has one, what types of activities do you do with it on? I’m a put it on and wear it through whatever I’m doing kind of guy. The only time I don’t have a watch on is when I shower, but other than that there a watch on the wrist whether when I was still in the Military, hiking, camping, lawn work, on the beach, in the water, etc. I don’t want a safe queen and all my watches have their fair share of scratches from use. Would like to know if the Pioneer is as robust as say my Rolex / Tudor (BLNR, SubC, Explorer, DaytonaC, Black Bay, Tudor Sub), or my other branded sporty watches with >= 100M WR or is it more of a delicate movement / case just with a higher WR than the typical dressier type watches?
Spoonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2020, 11:08 PM   #21
edwards0322
"TRF" Member

So, may be I can pitch in a little bit. Among the both brand I have the luck to get the following pieces:

1 x Moser x MB&F LM101
1 x Moser Streamliner Blue Dial (first to receive in the US)
1 x FB CB

First, It's really different right? I love my Mosers honestly, they hit me emotionally. For people who said "I don't like simple dials" come on...
As many members above mention, the CEO and founders are very active on social media. Very good interactions, and they do make sure to make you happy. My watches are perfect so I don't need CS yet (touch wood) so I can't comment on the service.

F.P..... due to craziness in 2020 on F.P., it is becoming a pain in the nuts to get them. Demand is so high that it's not really their fault. It's not like they are playing hard to get like the AP and PP. They simply are overwhelm, so giving you the feeling they are not reacting well.

The idea is really to find a AD or a Boutique that will work with you and the guys there you like. I think that's the 80% of the "CS".

my 2cents! Happy 2021 everyone!

Best of luck watch hunting
edwards0322 is offline   Reply With Quote