The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 16 May 2022, 11:24 AM   #1
Denver Dick
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DateJust 16013
The RSC in Lititz, PA - Great Job Setting the Timing of My 3035 Movement

I picked up my TT DJ 16013 on May 2nd shortly after I got the call from the AD that it had returned from the RSC. The AD had apparently wound it some and set the time. Nonetheless, when I got it home I wound it a bit my self, set the time to the second and returned it to duty as my everyday watch. That was at about 3 p.m. When I went to bed that night at a little after midnight, I set the watch down in the crown-up position. By 3 p.m. the next day, it had lost 1 second. The second night I again set the watch in the crown-up position. The next day it has lost another second leaving it at -2 for two days.

I decided to set the watch in the dial-up position for the next few nights. It gained just shy of 1 second each day for nine days (+8 for 9 days). This left the watch running +6 (-2+8).

I figured I would go back to the crown-up position for a couple nights and see how much it would lose. So, after two days and nights, it has lost zero seconds. It is still running at +6. Two thoughts come to mind. First, over the 35 years I have had this watch, it always kept very good time in the crown-up bedtime position, except when was slowing down right before servicing. Second, I recall many years ago being told by a watchmaker and/or reading somewhere that an automatic watch will, to a small degree, adjust to a person when worn everyday by the that person. Sounds a little mystic to me, but hey, mysticism never hurt anyone . . . I don't think.

I'm going to continue with the dial-up bedtime position for another week and see if the watch can maintain a zero or close to zero daily gain/loss.

Denver Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2022, 02:17 PM   #2
Denver Dick
"TRF" Member

My post above was put up one week ago. At the time, I had used the Crown Up bedtime position for two day and the watch had gained/lost zero seconds. I said I would continue the Crown Up position for another week and see what happens. So, over the past seven days the watch has lost 2 seconds. Therefore, including the two days from the last post, the watch has lost 2 seconds over nine (9) days. Right now it is running 4 seconds fast. This is the most accurate it's run in the 35 years I've owned it.

Old 30 May 2022, 11:42 AM   #3
Denver Dick
"TRF" Member

This is my last post in this thread.

Another week has passed. It's now been a total of 16 days since I started placing my watch in the crown-up position at bedtime. It lost 5 seconds during those 16 days. Excellent accuracy from the classic 3035 movement.