The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 13 July 2020, 03:22 AM   #61
rtanjaya
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
https://www.rolexforums.com/attachme...1&d=1594574436

Blue grey for the missus
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0C49DD82-3D0F-4B7A-A3D4-CAB3E9C93145.jpeg (246.4 KB, 420 views)
rtanjaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2020, 05:35 AM   #62
buffalowingjp
"TRF" Member

So I was all the way down the funnel and ready to purchase a 15450 blue dial. Thought 37mm would work for my 6-inch wrists but alas lug-to-lug it looks HUGE on my wrist.

Saw blackdot's photos though with his similar sized wrists and convinced me that 77350 is the way to go. Thanks man.
buffalowingjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2020, 12:43 PM   #63
McDusty
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowingjp View Post
So I was all the way down the funnel and ready to purchase a 15450 blue dial. Thought 37mm would work for my 6-inch wrists but alas lug-to-lug it looks HUGE on my wrist.

Saw blackdot's photos though with his similar sized wrists and convinced me that 77350 is the way to go. Thanks man.
Blue dial with diamonds or switching to white dial?
McDusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2020, 05:49 PM   #64
Librandox
Banned

Met with an AD and was able to see two of the new 34mm in-person at the boutique. He mentioned that the movement in this watch is not in-house. I didn’t catch who he said makes the movement, but looking at it through the case back, it does not seem to be as well finished as typical AP movements. Would be interesting to find out more about the movement
Librandox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2020, 09:38 PM   #65
Sho-nuff
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP │ ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCosmo View Post
I think you’re right about it being a Vaucher movement. If it is indeed a third party movement, I wonder why AP went with a display case back. I had the impression they only did that with their in-house movements.
AP has used display case backs on various non-inhouse movements over the years (the most famous one being the 15202 Jumbo). The main reason is where AP has exclusivity over the movement or has exclusive customisations done to it. In this case, it's a Vaucher base cal. 3002 with customisations that are exclusive to AP, e.g. different bridges, rotor and Geneva stripes.
Sho-nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2020, 11:37 PM   #66
J to the Z
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP
I saw this watch in person for the first time last week. The movement is a little underwhelming compared to the totally in-house calibers but I think it allowed AP to be quick to market with a smaller RO that is an automatic (SA told me it would take too long to develop something totally in-house), which is a bit of an underserved market for them. Since the discontinuation of the 14790, I think there has been some unmet demand for a smaller automatic RO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J to the Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2020, 01:57 AM   #67
cryptorx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3jasper View Post
I disagree, fits my wife very well.
May I know her wrist size? Also does anybody know whether the 34mm measurement includes the bezel? Any idea how big the 77350 measures including the bezel?

I am deciding whether to get a 15450 or 77350, my wrist sits at 6 in if not slightly under that.

Any insight would be appreciated!
cryptorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2020, 09:35 PM   #68
Lkdub24
"TRF" Member

Curious for the people that have bought the 77350, are the prices negotiable with the dealers given that it's a women's watch or is it similar to the men's RO where you would be lucky enough to even get one these days with all the hype?
Lkdub24 is offline   Reply With Quote