The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 13 February 2023, 05:20 AM   #1
Speedyking
"TRF" Member

[Potential 1st Rolex] 1950's Speedking Precision Superoyster

I have just started out in the exciting and riveting field of vintage watch collecting (have been collecting modern for many years). My tastes have entirely shifted since starting into vintage. I currently own a really crisp Omega 34mm Geneve in solid 9k gold which I can't stop wearing!

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to view and try on a Rolex Speedking Superoyster with the rare/original superoyster crown.

Historically and stylistically, I found this watch intersting in its size and design. I really took to it.

I have to say, I was genuinely incredibly surprised with how well it wore/appeared on my 7.5" wrist. I had no idea such a small watch could wear so well.

In a nutshell I'm looking to purchase, by my research it all appears original and correct, so would like to confirm this with much more experienced members. And I would like to ensure I'm paying a fair price. Asking is give or take $2kUSD or 1700GBP.

I can take it to my watchmaker for a once over to confirm genuineness and check the movement etc if required.

Am I looking at a good or bad buy here?

Many thanks all!
IMG_7388 resize.jpg
IMG_7389 resize.jpg
IMG_7421.jpg
Speedyking is offline   Reply With Quote