The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 July 2019, 07:13 AM   #31
igy22
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 40
So I was kind of in the same situation as you not so long ago.
I had bought a BLNR before this whole craziness began. Superb watch and I wore the hell out of it. Only thing is, I could never really bond with the maxi case nor the PCLs. A bit too flashy for me. So I decided to let it go and bought a Kermit instead. Honnestly, every time I look at it I smile. It's also my daily.
Will it hold its value or appreciate more than the Batman? It's really impossible to tell. Who knows how the market will be in the future.
In the end, what is important is what sings to you. As I said, every time I put the Kermit on I smile and that to me is priceless.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KAI06445-2.jpg (277.6 KB, 106 views)
igy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2019, 05:01 PM   #32
Steve36Efc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126603
I was never a massive fan of the LV and I own a 2015 BLNR so it’s a simple choice for me. Good luck with what ever you decide, I’m confident which ever you pick you’ll still be longing for the other.
Omega Seamaster 300
Steve36Efc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2019, 05:17 PM   #33
mr_gray
"TRF" Member

Watch: SMURF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve36Efc View Post
I was never a massive fan of the LV and I own a 2015 BLNR so it’s a simple choice for me. Good luck with what ever you decide, I’m confident which ever you pick you’ll still be longing for the other.
the only post guaranteed to be right! i have 5 nice watches but no pepsi (nor alot of other life changing watches of course!). which watches do i spend most of my time thinking about?
mr_gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2019, 06:09 PM   #34
Philrobo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by igy22 View Post
So I was kind of in the same situation as you not so long ago.
I had bought a BLNR before this whole craziness began. Superb watch and I wore the hell out of it. Only thing is, I could never really bond with the maxi case nor the PCLs. A bit too flashy for me. So I decided to let it go and bought a Kermit instead. Honnestly, every time I look at it I smile. It's also my daily.
Will it hold its value or appreciate more than the Batman? It's really impossible to tell. Who knows how the market will be in the future.
In the end, what is important is what sings to you. As I said, every time I put the Kermit on I smile and that to me is priceless.
No doubt which ever I choose it will be the wrong one and I'll want the other regardles of which I get it's a shame funds don't allow for both. Might start a go fund me page
Philrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2019, 11:41 PM   #35
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

If you like both equally I would say Kermit. Kermit might go more ?????

But you have to like one more than other because they are very different watches. The4es always a prefernces if not then you haven't thought through it enough. Here's a simple question to determine which one you like more -
if in house fire and could only get one watch which watch would you grab??

Anyways I think these investment threads are silly because no one really knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 12:07 AM   #36
Philrobo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemanlee View Post
If you like both equally I would say Kermit. Kermit might go more ?????

But you have to like one more than other because they are very different watches. The4es always a prefernces if not then you haven't thought through it enough. Here's a simple question to determine which one you like more -
if in house fire and could only get one watch which watch would you grab??

Anyways I think these investment threads are silly because no one really knows.

Yeah I know what you mean about no one really knows, but if you get all the facts and take on other people's opinions, you can get more of and educated guess rather than just a guess I suppose.

And well I really do just like them both equally, I've been pondering between the two for a while now searching up and down reasons for and against.

I know what you mean about them being completely different but if I had to choose between a lasagne or a Burger, I wouldn't know which to choose because I like them both the same I might change my mind day to day on which I prefer but I like them both the same lol. Stupid analagy I know
Old 22 July 2019, 12:47 AM   #37
jaychief
"TRF" Member

Watch: Deepsea

Got both watches and if I had to have one it would definitely be the Kermit, it’s serious cool factor!!!
Long before the serious crazy of the hulk/batman etc the Kermit held its own !!!

jaychief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 12:48 AM   #38
igy22
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 40
Lol you liking both equally makes the decision a bit of a lose/lose for you. As you said, if you get one, you'll be left wondering if you wouldn't like the other one better. Only solution here is to get both... but you can only buy one!!! Ughh this is a tough one lol.
Do you have a preference between super case or 5 digit case? What about PCL vs brushed? Clasp on BLNR is light years ahead of the Kermit but I much prefer the aesthetics of the Kermit clasp.
I don't know if you mentioned this but have you handled both already?
igy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 03:18 AM   #39
Philrobo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by igy22 View Post
Lol you liking both equally makes the decision a bit of a lose/lose for you. As you said, if you get one, you'll be left wondering if you wouldn't like the other one better. Only solution here is to get both... but you can only buy one!!! Ughh this is a tough one lol.
Do you have a preference between super case or 5 digit case? What about PCL vs brushed? Clasp on BLNR is light years ahead of the Kermit but I much prefer the aesthetics of the Kermit clasp.
I don't know if you mentioned this but have you handled both already?

It's a very tough decision but the decision has been made! In the end there was a bit to much wear on the Kermit for my liking so the BLNR was the choice. Maybe if funds allow, I'll add the Kermit at some point
Old 22 July 2019, 06:03 AM   #40
ttomczak
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: The Beach
Other than the premise which is wrong as to which will lose / gain values, it should be about which do you like better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

If you wind it, it tells pretty good time
(Paul Newman)
ttomczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 06:12 AM   #41
GsurgBM
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not enough
I like the LV. BUT I wear the BLNR MORE. It’s just more watch to me. I’d go with BLNR if forced to choose.

Old 22 July 2019, 06:19 AM   #42
mmmmp
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Wimbledon DJ41
As soon as you mentioned money, I realised my opinion is better left unsaid.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
mmmmp is offline   Reply With Quote