The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 10 July 2019, 01:27 AM   #1
Magic-Matt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Exp 216570 Polar
Icon8 Tudor in house accuracy driving me NUTS! Can I regulate it?

Hey guys!

I've now bought 6 different Tudor North Flags in the last 4 years (used examples)... it turns out that EVERY single one runs SLOW! I kept selling and buying another in the hope I'd get a "fasty"... no such luck and it now drives me absolutely nuts on my 6th one, as this is the SLOWEST of the lot at -5.5s/day!

Obviously I've given up on buying another one, so does anyone know if there's a tool to regulate this movement myself, as with Rolex and Omega? From what I gather this caliber is fitted with balance screws, so would that mean the movement has to come out to regulate it?

Any help would be veryyyyy much appreciated guys, this has been doing me in for yearssss!!!

P.S. I did approach Rolex/Tudor about this twice, and they insist on servicing the watch!

Thanks very much to any helpers!
Magic-Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2019, 01:29 AM   #2
SearChart
TechXpert

Any RSC can regulate that for you, why would you swap watches for a simple issue like this???!
Do not start fiddling with it yourself.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2019, 01:30 AM   #3
Magic-Matt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
Any RSC can regulate that for you, why would you swap watches for a simple issue like this???!
Do not start fiddling with it yourself.
I suppose I kept thinking I'd got a dud, but they refuse to regulate it here in my AD in Spain anyway, they insist on servicing it.
Old 10 July 2019, 01:45 AM   #4
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513 116234 79280P
Take it to a good watchmaker. I brought in my new week old Seiko turtle to my guy because it was running 17 seconds fast a day on the crown side, and he adjusted it, buttoned it up tight, and now it's great.

This shouldn't be an issue for you if you have a watchmaker.
Old 10 July 2019, 02:05 AM   #5
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu View Post
Take it to a good watchmaker. I brought in my new week old Seiko turtle to my guy because it was running 17 seconds fast a day on the crown side, and he adjusted it, buttoned it up tight, and now it's great.

This shouldn't be an issue for you if you have a watchmaker.
The new Tudor movement uses a microstella like system but can ideally only be done with their tool. The one Omega uses fits as well, but not perfect.

Not every watchmaker has access to these tools, and thus nit everyone can do it. Has nothing to do with skill.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2019, 09:20 AM   #6
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
Haven't I already answered this somewhere else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
watchmavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2019, 01:27 AM   #7
Magic-Matt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
The new Tudor movement uses a microstella like system but can ideally only be done with their tool. The one Omega uses fits as well, but not perfect.

Not every watchmaker has access to these tools, and thus nit everyone can do it. Has nothing to do with skill.
I've done it before on Rolexes of mine (and still have the tool). I'd understood the Tudor in House had flat head screws though, which I assumed would therefore require removing the movement from the case?