The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 July 2019, 07:40 AM   #61
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by axljack View Post
So just went to my (what I had thought) was my local Rolex AD. Looks like they gave up their Rolex AD status last year (Dec 2018).

It's a shame cause they are really nice. Unfortunate.

The next closest ones are in Dundee and Gleneagles (Mappin). Will be trying those now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Try them once or twice a week for the next few years. Find out what kind of coffees and pastries they like and bring those. Regularly buy jewelry from them. If you can give them tickets to major sporting events/concerts that is a bonus. Invite them for a game of golf. They will also appreciate a dinner at a fine restaurant. Find out if they are having trouble selling any watches and if so, buy them to help them out. Then maybe, some day you will get the watch you actually want.

OR, just buy it from a gray dealer and be done with it.
Seibei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 01:44 AM   #62
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by axljack View Post
So just went to my (what I had thought) was my local Rolex AD. Looks like they gave up their Rolex AD status last year (Dec 2018).

It's a shame cause they are really nice. Unfortunate.

The next closest ones are in Dundee and Gleneagles (Mappin). Will be trying those now.

Wait a sec.... Not only do you not want to spend any money on anything else except BLRO you also haven't visited your local AD in more than 1/2 a year to show your "nice and genuine" side?!?!?

Unless your a big VIP spender, which the answer seems to be no, no AD or SA will remember you from a person walking off the street if u visit once every six months.

Why would anyone AD source you a BLRO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 02:20 AM   #63
EP32k2
"TRF" Member

If you want it that bad just suck it up and buy gray.
EP32k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 02:50 AM   #64
joli160
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Not buying and kissing the AD's ass will bring you nothing.
Nobody will give you in one deal effectively several thousands free money for nothing in return

Be a bit more realistic.

Pay market value and be done with it. Money is easily forgotten when you enjoy a fine watch everyday.
Since you want to keep it for over 15 years the extra cost per day can't be all that much
Old 22 July 2019, 03:43 AM   #65
FinWatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
Try them once or twice a week for the next few years. Find out what kind of coffees and pastries they like and bring those. Regularly buy jewelry from them. If you can give them tickets to major sporting events/concerts that is a bonus. Invite them for a game of golf. They will also appreciate a dinner at a fine restaurant. Find out if they are having trouble selling any watches and if so, buy them to help them out. Then maybe, some day you will get the watch you actually want.

FinWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 04:15 AM   #66
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
If you can wait 1-5 years I almost guarantee the economy will ebb and you will have a much easier go of it.
Old 22 July 2019, 05:05 AM   #67
joli160
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
If you can wait 1-5 years I almost guarantee the economy will ebb and you will have a much easier go of it.
That's what I thought once upon a time looking at a 16610LV, didn't work out
Old 22 July 2019, 06:19 PM   #68
Fuerdai
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many Rolexes
Suggest you start a relationship with your AD and pick up some of their lesser desired rolexes to build a purchasing profile. A lot of of the waiting lists are closed for steel rolexes but if you get some purchases down they might more likely to put you on the waiting lists.

There’s no playbook these Rolex AD’s follow it’s the Wild West right now.

Fuerdai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 08:31 PM   #69
Seibei
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuerdai View Post
Suggest you start a relationship with your AD and pick up some of their lesser desired rolexes to build a purchasing profile.
Did you actually do that?
Old 22 July 2019, 08:52 PM   #70
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Buy your son a SubC/Date Much more of a classic in my opinion.You have time to wait ,no hurry.It will come.
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 09:13 PM   #71
huba01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rado63 View Post
I would buy from a re seller who has a newer piece under the Rolex warranty. If you go to the AD, no one can guess your wait time. My AD said the BLRO is harder to get than a white dial Daytona!? That means very rare. If you try to build a relationship with your AD, then you buy watches and jewlery that you probably don't want and maybe can't afford. Looking around at sites this morning I saw Takuya has a nearly new BLRO on his site now for sale. Other resllers here have them as well. Good Luck, hope you get one soon, because they are beautiful.
Have to agree, this is your only option if you want a BLRO, I´m afraid.
Simply forget about getting one from an AD with no purchase history or personal relationship. Buy from a trusted seller and enjoy

Love mine, but an alternative could actually be a nice 16710 or a BLNR if you only prefer a GMT . I have all three and my 16710 gets far the most wrist time.
huba01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 10:57 PM   #72
Icehockeyboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar Explorer ii
I don’t have a comment other than...’who wears a shirt with Velcro cuff closings’?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Icehockeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2019, 04:05 AM   #73
Fuerdai
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Did you actually do that?

Yah I bought a Milgauss white dial, a datejust 36mm they pushed on me then during 2017 they got me the Hulk and Batman.

In 2018 bought a gold two tone yachtmaster sitting on their shelf for a while and a rhodium dial oyster perpetual dial. In 2019 I got the steel Pepsi with jubilee bracelet from them.

Since Rolex is only one of the other brands they carry in the retail store. I started buying a couple of their Tudors to keep up with my purchase history.

I was told they won’t get me any steel Daytonas as the manager / director of the store is saving for the VIP clients.

That’s the long game some of us have to play with these ADs.

Old 23 July 2019, 04:09 AM   #74
axljack
"TRF" Member

Son's current daily beater!

axljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2019, 04:16 AM   #75
axljack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Suggest you start a relationship with your AD and pick up some of their lesser desired rolexes to build a purchasing profile. A lot of of the waiting lists are closed for steel rolexes but if you get some purchases down they might more likely to put you on the waiting lists.

There’s no playbook these Rolex AD’s follow it’s the Wild West right now.

Had thought about this being an option as well.

Old 23 July 2019, 04:19 AM   #76
axljack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Given I have enough time...agree. Seems like it'll be good to start building the relationships given the wait times and grind that goes in getting these.
Old 23 July 2019, 05:00 AM   #77
Uggi
Banned

Quote:
Yah I bought a Milgauss white dial, a datejust 36mm they pushed on me then during 2017 they got me the Hulk and Batman.

In 2018 bought a gold two tone yachtmaster sitting on their shelf for a while and a rhodium dial oyster perpetual dial. In 2019 I got the steel Pepsi with jubilee bracelet from them.

Since Rolex is only one of the other brands they carry in the retail store. I started buying a couple of their Tudors to keep up with my purchase history.

I was told they won’t get me any steel Daytonas as the manager / director of the store is saving for the VIP clients.

That’s the long game some of us have to play with these ADs.

Wow. Astounded at this. Did you actually want any of these watches or were they simply a means to an end?
Uggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2019, 05:02 AM   #78
VacherObsessive
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggi View Post
Wow. Astounded at this. Did you actually want any of these watches or were they simply a means to an end?
If they were a means to an end one may as well had gone grey and saved a hell of a lot of time, and possibly money depending on the final calcs
VacherObsessive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2019, 05:05 AM   #79
Uggi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VacherObsessive View Post
If they were a means to an end one may as well had gone grey and saved a hell of a lot of time, and possibly money depending on the final calcs
Well yeah... that's why I'm curious.
Uggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2019, 05:10 AM   #80
oldman2005
"TRF" Member

There was a guy here on TRF from the UK, he got his SS BLRO from an AD which he never bought anything from the previously (a few even complained about this AD), miracle does happen. Good luck!
oldman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2019, 05:11 AM   #81
exador
Banned

Quote:

So after telling us all to “think outside the box” you simply bought your BLRO from a Grey?
exador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2019, 05:24 AM   #82
FinWatch
"TRF" Member

Go grey. Rolex-AD’s are not able to deliver the watches people want.

FinWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2019, 06:52 AM   #83
Seibei
Banned

Quote:
Yah
Thanks for your honest and detailed reply, much appreciated.
Old 23 July 2019, 06:53 AM   #84
Fuerdai
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggi View Post
Well yeah... that's why I'm curious.

He’s right. If I were more experienced watch collector back in 2016 I might have looked at the grey market dealer network.

Old 23 July 2019, 06:55 AM   #85
Seibei
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by exador View Post
So after telling us all to “think outside the box” you simply bought your BLRO from a Grey?
No, I thought outside the box. Buying from a Grey is very much inside the box. I don't have a BLRO, I have an 114060.

While I am not revealing my full strategy, one thing I can categorically say is that I clearly presented myself as a non flipper, someone who will keep the watch, wear it and appreciate it for years to come. I think that helps a lot, rather than being that guy who walks in once a week and asks for SS sports...