The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 4 October 2017, 05:57 AM   #1
john_peter33
"TRF" Member

Granada Spain

Does anyone know some good vintage watch shops in Granada, Spain? Many thanks in advance.
john_peter33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2017, 04:48 PM   #2
jedly1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_peter33 View Post
Does anyone know some good vintage watch shops in Granada, Spain? Many thanks in advance.

dont thinks you'll find any ...my in laws live just outside Granada and coincidentally i bought a comex 5514 from the son of diver there , we met at his friends jewellers and one of his comments was that there there was zero following of vintage nor anyone who knew about them in the area.
jedly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2017, 07:07 PM   #3
john_peter33
"TRF" Member

Thanks so much! Awesome story.
Old 4 October 2017, 08:17 PM   #4
Vincent65
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedly1 View Post
dont thinks you'll find any ...my in laws live just outside Granada and coincidentally i bought a comex 5514 from the son of diver there , we met at his friends jewellers and one of his comments was that there there was zero following of vintage nor anyone who knew about them in the area.
Got a bargain, then!
Old 5 October 2017, 02:23 PM   #5
machob55
"TRF" Member

I travel to Granada a few times a year it's only a 3 hr drive away, from Seville. My wife's uncle lives there and he's an avid collector. Always complains about the lack of vintage shops. Every now and then you may run into an antique/pawn shop style local that may have a few things, but rare. In Sevilla there are a few. But unfortunately, I don't know of any in Granada. If you stop at the department store, El Corte Inglés, they may be able to direct you to one, but highly unlikely. If ever in Barcelona you may want to check the Ancienne. Great deal of vintage Rolex, Omegas, AP, Patek and VC Good luck with your hunt.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk
machob55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2017, 04:15 PM   #6
jedly1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent65 View Post
Got a bargain, then!
nah , he knew exactly what he had ...the internet is a great equaliser.

actually his dad was the head of comex north africa and bought out that operation when they closed the doors...to this day he still retains one of the decompression chamber /saturation chambers ....which we did consider buying between a few of us :)
jedly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2017, 05:41 PM   #7
john_peter33
"TRF" Member

Stopped into Miguel Munoz Joyeros and had a great and fun watch conversation. The gentleman had two pre owned Rolex in the back that were trade ins. The pre-owned Rolex were not sports models and I wasn’t so familiar with them but really fun to see what he had in the back. You never know. Although not a vintage shop the conversation was great. We talked Patek, Rolex and watch culture generally. He wasn’t just looking to make a sale but took the time to engage.
Old 19 October 2017, 06:04 PM   #8
Vincent65
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedly1 View Post
nah , he knew exactly what he had ...the internet is a great equaliser.

actually his dad was the head of comex north africa and bought out that operation when they closed the doors...to this day he still retains one of the decompression chamber /saturation chambers ....which we did consider buying between a few of us :)
Great story!