The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 31 January 2024, 03:40 PM   #31
Saoirse32
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Me too except had black, grey, green, and white. 75 blue enough to keep me happy and rockin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ROLEX Sea-Dweller Mk1 (126600)
ROLEX DeepSea D-Blue (136660)
OMEGA Speedmaster “Silver Snoopy Award” (310.32.42.50.02.001)
OMEGA Seamaster Diver 300M 75th Anniversary (210.30.42.20.03.003)
IWC Chronograph Top Gun Edition “Woodland” (IW389106)
Saoirse32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 05:25 PM   #32
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PAM111
Did you pay full retail? If the hit is too big, I wouldn’t sell it. On that blue rubber strap you have, it looks fantastic!
White Collar Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 05:30 PM   #33
htc8p
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 ln
it's the toughest all around diver i have. most of my watches are 44 mm above. it would be hard to find a similar watch
htc8p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2024, 12:10 AM   #34
Dave O
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMess View Post
This is my exact issue. It trades for such a discount that it’s not really worth it to move it. I generally like it more on the rubber strap but even that doesnt really speak to me. It’s almost never selected over my Rolex or Panerai.

As others have said, you won't get much for it so I would keep it - unless you never plan on wearing it. That said, your watch on the rubber strap is freakin beautiful!!! I have the green SMP on a rubber strap and it is one of my favorites even though I have two Rolex Subs and a GMT.
Dave O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 02:26 AM   #35
cblock406
"TRF" Member

I wear mine a lot more in the summer months. I never worry about wearing it anywhere, so it serves as a nice "beater" so to speak. And the rubber strap makes it probably the most comfortable watch I've ever owned. Plus the blue looks great under natural sunlight.

Maybe it will grow on you over this coming summer season.

cblock406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 02:26 AM   #36
EmJay
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Quote:
Thinking about selling. Do any of you not bond with your SMP despite liking it on paper?

Its an excellent watch. I have one as well. I am gravitating towards sub 40mm watches at the moment. So I get your sentiment.
EmJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 05:13 AM   #37
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
Remarkable how any different opinions, even among owners. I’ve always liked the 300m, particularly in black, and I a fan in general of Omega.

The Seamaster line is great, solid movements, excellent build quality, and appealing designs. Ok, the bracelet leaves something to be desired, I’ll grant you that, but maybe a blue OEM rubber strap will change you mind.

In the end, the resale dollars aren’t enough to change my life, and it’s a nice watch to have in the collection.
Old 12 February 2024, 05:58 AM   #38
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thinking about selling. Do any of you not bond with your SMP despite liking it on paper?

After posting a pic like that I cannot believe you are thinking of selling it. It looks amazing. Of course, if you aren’t bonding with it then you’ve got to do what is right for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2024, 05:30 AM   #39
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

I've had the SMP Diver 300M on two occasions. Both blue dials. I've worn it on the OEM bracelet, the OEM rubber strap, and even an OEM mesh bracelet. Here are my takeaways... The watch is fantastic, but it does need tweaking and I did find it too thick. I loved it most on the OEM steel mesh bracelet when Omega started offering it and if that's the only way I could ever enjoy the Seamaster, I would have just stuck with it.

I sold my blue Seamaster the final time for the NTTD Seamaster and I couldn't be happier. If Omega could make the standard model in steel in these proportions I think they would have the ultimate home run. I could never really fall in love with the stock bracelet. It was too thick and lack of a taper always ruined it for me. I love the Omega mesh bracelet, but I also know for some people it just doesn't fit their wrist correctly. That has never been an issue for me and I consider myself lucky. It fit me well on the steel blue dial Seamaster and it fits me well on the NTTD Seamaster in titanium.

I always felt equivocal regarding the OEM rubber strap. I certainly prefered the lines it gave the watch compared to the stock bracelet, but on the blue model it was too much blue for me. I don't know if this helps or hurts your decision. It's just my experience.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2024, 05:44 AM   #40
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Talk me out of selling

Do Not Sell! You will be cursed and feel the Wrath of something I wouldn't wish on any mortal man.

PS- That Help?

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2024, 05:51 AM   #41
gamingdoctor
"TRF" Member

Which SMP do you have? How often are you wearing it?
gamingdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2024, 05:56 AM   #42
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTG View Post
The older my eyes get, the more I hate Skeleton hands. Love Omega sword hands though.
Agree completely. If they put this out with sword hands I'd probably pick one up. I do miss my white dial SMP
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote