The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 17 December 2017, 01:01 AM   #1
tng11
"TRF" Member

Icon14 Amazing accuracy of Patek?

I received my 5167 on August 28th of this year (watch originally dated April 2016), and it has been constantly running since then. Never been on a winder as it has been rotated frequently enough that it ends up on my wrist before the power reserve runs out (except once or twice when I gave it a manual wind if I knew I wasn't going to be wearing it that day before the PR ran out.)

In close to 3.5 months, the watch is off by an astounding +1 second from the official time on time.gov, which is amazing to me. It seems to run either +1 or -1 second from the last day, but has never deviated more than that.

Personally, I'm extremely impressed. Having owned 10 APs and 5 Rolexes, I have never had a watch quite this spot on with timekeeping.

Just thought I'd share this with the board and see if others have had this amazing accuracy with their Pateks.
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2017, 01:06 AM   #2
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

My 5164 is the same and is the most accurate watch i own. My 5712 on the other hand isn't. Im not bothered either way though.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2017, 01:13 AM   #3
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Never had any issues with Patek accuracy but that’s quite good! No wonder you want to hold on to it lol
Old 17 December 2017, 01:18 AM   #4
traf
"TRF" Member

Watch: me ride bikes
My Daytona ceramic was the most accurate watch I’ve owned, having not lost or gained any time (even 1 second!!) over months and months of ownership and rotating wear:

My 5167 on the other hand has not been as stellar, losing 3.5-4 seconds per day. Still not bothersome enough to take it in for warranty service though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
traf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2017, 02:02 AM   #5
N_Architect
"TRF" Member

Watch: Moser rose gold
I purchased two PPs, from the same AD, both in 2014 (one was the 5712/1A and the other the 5196J).

Both ran very accurately right from the first day. Could not have been happier.

Same thing did not happen when I acquired my AP ROC 41mm black dial, earlier (2013). Adjusting it is not a big deal if you take it to a Service Centre, but when you pay that kind of sums for timepieces, initial impressions do count.
Old 17 December 2017, 02:20 AM   #6
WAK4
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Always changing
I've found my watches are much better off when worn... Performance when on a winder is much different; nothing drastic but enough to notice over time. My 5167 has been pretty much spot on when worn regularly.
WAK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2017, 02:57 AM   #7
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
My Daytona had an issue that was resolved by RSC doing a warrantee service on it. I set the watch to Daylight Savings Time and have been logging it against time.is ever since. It is 1/2 of 1 second slow! Since I wear this watch daily, I absolutely love the idea that it is keeping perfect time. If I wore it for two days and then rotated to another watch, I wouldn't notice or probably care.

Any mechanical watch that can be that accurate is absolutely amazing to me.
Old 19 December 2017, 02:24 AM   #8
kneedeep
"TRF" Member

My 5167 also extremely accurate and runs at less than +1 sec/day. My next most accurate is Tudor Pelagos LHD which runs at +1 sec/day over the current rotation I've been wearing it.
Old 28 August 2018, 12:21 AM   #9
TravelFun
"TRF" Member

Timely info here.
TravelFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2018, 12:24 AM   #10
Atlantic
"TRF" Member

Impressive!
Atlantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2018, 01:57 AM   #11
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
Very nice :)
Old 28 August 2018, 02:48 AM   #12
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Congrats, and thanks for wearing your watch daily. Too many Patek double sealed safe queens.

Enjoy your time!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2018, 04:05 AM   #13
tng11
"TRF" Member

Wow someone dug up my old thread it seems.

Anyways, my experience now with my 5712 is that it's been consistently fast a second or two everyday. Not the crazy accuracy of my former 5167, but I'll take it! It has been ticking non-stop since June 18th when I acquired it.
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2018, 04:51 AM   #14
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
Wow someone dug up my old thread it seems.

Anyways, my experience now with my 5712 is that it's been consistently fast a second or two everyday. Not the crazy accuracy of my former 5167, but I'll take it! It has been ticking non-stop since June 18th when I acquired it.
as long as its been bumped, my 5712 still isnt all that great and its definitely out of Patek seal spec but it doesnt bother me all that much. my 5164 is still only around 30 seconds off, and the last time i hacked the movement to sync it was over a year ago and its been running since.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2018, 01:43 PM   #15
AlexWazo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek
My 5327 is pretty much spot on. If it’s ever off it’s mainly just me struggling without a seconds hand
AlexWazo is offline   Reply With Quote