The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 1 December 2017, 09:58 AM   #31
blah114
Banned

Watch: iPhone
I meant it wears larger than 37. Seriously. It’s like a 40 mm. I really astonished at the details, quality, everything. I will have this for life. I can’t wait to wear it to dinner. The lack of date (watch, not the dinner), the solid caseback is amazing. Everything about this piece is such a notch above other Swiss brands, thus far. I don’t own an AP, but i have JLC, VACHERON, ROLEX, Panerai (not really Swiss maybe), and this is a step way above to me. I now get the hype. Despite the callatrava being “entry level,” it’s clearly a patek, my only concern is wearing out the strap. I might grab another strap and keep the patek strap pristine
blah114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2017, 09:08 PM   #32
blah114
Banned

A few weeks later.... I confess I can’t wear this daily because I love my rolexes.. but, I keep,this wound and peruse it daily. My fav moments with this piece are dining out in candlelight, drinking a Manhattan , and just relaxing a bit. I’ve sat there and admired the craftsmanship in this piece and noticed new, subtle, handmade nuances in the markers... the rose gold glitters in light... the watch is so understated and overstated at the same time. Once you gaze into the dial, you can get lost as if out at sea... looking up at stars. I’m noticing the depth of the dial, too... the minute markers appear handmade, and in gold no less.. the crystal is quite a few steps above anything to which I’m accustomed... above all, the watch is so legible, so classic in looks. Really a gorgeous piece. Words can’t do this piece justice. The watch looks old and new simultaneously.. so, I’m glad I have this piece and I really enjoy wearing this. I’m a bit scared to wear this at work , scuffing the buckle on a desk, etc.. perhaps I baby this 5196r too much ! I might get a new black strap for this watch as well. I’d post pics, but this site requires such sizing downward of the pics, the quality looks bad
Old 17 January 2018, 02:11 PM   #33
rkot07
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II, DD, DJ II
Excited.. joining the patek club. 5196R on its way....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah114 View Post
A few weeks later.... I confess I can’t wear this daily because I love my rolexes.. but, I keep,this wound and peruse it daily. My fav moments with this piece are dining out in candlelight, drinking a Manhattan , and just relaxing a bit. I’ve sat there and admired the craftsmanship in this piece and noticed new, subtle, handmade nuances in the markers... the rose gold glitters in light... the watch is so understated and overstated at the same time. Once you gaze into the dial, you can get lost as if out at sea... looking up at stars. I’m noticing the depth of the dial, too... the minute markers appear handmade, and in gold no less.. the crystal is quite a few steps above anything to which I’m accustomed... above all, the watch is so legible, so classic in looks. Really a gorgeous piece. Words can’t do this piece justice. The watch looks old and new simultaneously.. so, I’m glad I have this piece and I really enjoy wearing this. I’m a bit scared to wear this at work , scuffing the buckle on a desk, etc.. perhaps I baby this 5196r too much ! I might get a new black strap for this watch as well. I’d post pics, but this site requires such sizing downward of the pics, the quality looks bad

Really enjoyed reading your description of the 5196. I love mine. It’s the perfect watch. Elegant in every way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rkot07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2018, 06:05 AM   #34
blah114
Banned

I wore the 5196r to a coffee shop and had a lady stop me to ask about it. I’m always shocked when people appreciate watches. She knew it was a 5196 and said she’d wanted one for years. It was in a very rural area, a farming community. It amazed me the piece was recognized there. I enjoy wearing this wasn’t bedause it’s casual, dressy, understated all at the same time. Fun day.

Tags