The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 26 July 2012, 05:39 AM   #1
ZBM
"TRF" Member

Be wear of Melrose Jewelers

I am new to this group and wish I had found you all a lot sooner, I feel I have to tell my story to someone and this seems the place to do it.

In 2007 I bought a very nice lady president in yellow gold from Melrose Jewelers in California. Wife loves the watch and it never comes of her hand. The following year I decided to get one for myself and opted for a supper president in whit gold. I am tough on watches so this one was put in the safe and stayed there till this May when we went on a cruse. I did notice that the bracelet was a bit tarnish when I took it out. Today I was going to my jeweler so I took it with me to have it cleaned and polish. When he tested the bracelet it was not 18k white gold but silver.
I contacted Melrose and told of my issue and was told that. Melrose has gone reorganization three years a go and that they could not and will not do anything for me. I will see what legal options I have but I fear there is not much that can be done legally.
So people if you know of anyone about to perches from Melrose advise them to have there watch apprised and tested as soon as they receive it, don’t let this happen to anyone else.
Should any of you know a way to resolve this problem of mine please email me @ bmielnicki@aol.com and please, please be careful of Melrose Jewelers.
ZBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2012, 12:57 PM   #2
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

good to know, i have never liked there watches anyway, the have all this info on how to tell an original rolex and band etc. yet they leave the real details of how to really know out and pump out all aftermarket crap diamonds and bands.
Old 26 July 2012, 01:02 PM   #3
2th Dr
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Good Lord! I always had a bad feeling about them.
2th Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2012, 01:29 PM   #4
caryyee
"TRF" Member

What?? So you have a fake Rolex bracelet? Have you got the rest of it checked out???
caryyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2012, 02:10 PM   #5
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by caryyee View Post
What?? So you have a fake Rolex bracelet? Have you got the rest of it checked out???
X2 - great idea.

That story is heartbreaking. I'm sad to see this when it happens.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2012, 02:31 PM   #6
Z-Sub
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Not a ONEWatch Man
That's horrible. Make sure the watch head is genuine. Not sure what's the statue of limitation on something like this.

I've not heard much good things about that place and although I've never dealt with them before, it has been on "that" list...
TT Blue Submariner "P"
SS GMT-Master ll "M", Pepsi
Pam 311, 524, 297
Z-Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2012, 02:27 AM   #7
JabbaTheGut
Banned

Icon6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBM View Post
I am new to this group and wish I had found you all a lot sooner, I feel I have to tell my story to someone and this seems the place to do it.

In 2007 I bought a very nice lady president in yellow gold from Melrose Jewelers in California. Wife loves the watch and it never comes of her hand. The following year I decided to get one for myself and opted for a supper president in whit gold. I am tough on watches so this one was put in the safe and stayed there till this May when we went on a cruse. I did notice that the bracelet was a bit tarnish when I took it out. Today I was going to my jeweler so I took it with me to have it cleaned and polish. When he tested the bracelet it was not 18k white gold but silver.
I contacted Melrose and told of my issue and was told that. Melrose has gone reorganization three years a go and that they could not and will not do anything for me. I will see what legal options I have but I fear there is not much that can be done legally.
So people if you know of anyone about to perches from Melrose advise them to have there watch apprised and tested as soon as they receive it, don’t let this happen to anyone else.
Should any of you know a way to resolve this problem of mine please email me @ bmielnicki@aol.com and please, please be careful of Melrose Jewelers.
Hi Mate so sorry to hear of your distress.
I too have sufferd buying Fake Rolex from places, but mainly Ebay.co.uk and not the one you have posted here, although, I have seen their website.

I feel you have done right to post here. May I suggest some actions to you?

Post some pictures of the watch here, make them nice and clear, big.

Post a copy of your receipt for the watch but do blank out sensative details like your address, card details etc. If unsure ask others here to help.

Once you have done that I suggest you then mail a link of this page to Melrose or their senior man etc Just to let them know this is the start of some really bad publicity for them. Do not be a good victim, a good egg, do not take it on the chin.

Keep saying you are going to be a bad victim to yourself every day, Keep posting on here and other watch forums.

Write to the local papers where the jewellers are and ask their advice page what to do about your watch.

Basicaly be the biggest pain in the arse you can be, but always tell the truth, say you alledge, and check out slander laws in yours and their country.

BUT DO NOT! (capitals on purpose) go quietly into the night and suffer. Make them regret the day they stole from you...

Good luck and post, post, post, post
JabbaTheGut is offline   Reply With Quote