The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 April 2018, 01:13 AM   #211
HAL330
Banned

Watch: xyz
not only are they mass produced, they hare largely made by hand after some basic machining etc... I don't want my watch to be CNC identical to others off the production line... I like the idea that there is some eye/hand production related flaws that might creep into making my watch..
HAL330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2018, 01:20 AM   #212
asabet
"TRF" Member

I've not noticed any imperfection on my 2001 Datejust or my 2006 GMT Master II. There could be some, but I haven't noticed.

My 2017 Sub Date has at least a couple imperfections - rehaut is a touch off center in one direction, and bezel is a touch off center in the other direction. From what I can tell, these are "normal" imperfections. Several of the other Rolex sports watches at my AD had them, and most of the stock photos on the Rolex website and marketing materials have them as well.

Furthermore, nearly all of my watches with rotating bezels, Rolex or not, have minimally off center bezel alignment. Yes, I'm sure it's not parallax.

Bottom line is that none of those imperfections detract from my enjoyment of the Sub or any other watches.
asabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2018, 03:35 AM   #213
wrxsti
"TRF" Member

Once you see a mark or flaw on a watch you cannot unsee it, your eye will always go to there every time you look at your watch only solution is to has it fixed which you have tried, get a refund or flip the watch. Keep trying to get a proper bluesy that meets your expectations as it is an amazing watch. Everyone here has different expectations so it is not fair to judge yours compared to theirs. Get a refund? Keep
searching for one that meets your expectations but remember that no watch is perfect, there are some acceptable tolerances you may have to accept.